File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Wow. This is getting complicated so first I will need to be in Canada and then apply for renewal which won't guarantee if it will get renewed or not....
If you are reported for failing to meet RO when entering Canada, it's pretty much guaranteed that your PR status will be revoked since you have no H&C reasons for failing to meet the residency requirement.

If you manage to enter without being reported and apply for a PR card immediately - you'll once again lose your PR status.

Your only hope is to enter Canada without being reported and then live here for two full years before applying to renew your PR card.

Not sure why you expected there would be an easy path given you haven't met the requirements to keep your PR status.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thank you. Do you suggest any good agent or lawyer who can assist further.
Doesn't matter if you use a lawyer or not, you don't meet the RO and have no H&C reasons not to. So you should expect to be reported if you try to enter Canada again, and will start process to revoke your PR status.

If you really wanted to keep your PR status, you shoudl have followed the rules and lives 2 of every 5 years in Canada.

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello Seniors,
@ Rob_TO, @ scylla

I need your kind help and guidance. This is regarding my elder brother whose background is as below.

He first became PR of Canada in 2008. In 2009 he lived and worked there in canada. In 2010, he came back to home country and because of some unfortunate circumstances got stuck here and couldn't go back to Canada.He is single. Only this July 2017 he could go back to Canada on PRTD
(applied on H&C grounds) and got coding R-1. Presently he is working for a good company and has a leased accommodation, health card, bank account etc.

My question is-

1. Should he apply for PR card renewal now or wait for 2 years in order to meet the RO and then apply. What I understand from your posts is that applying now carries some risk and applying after 2 years is a sure PR card renewal .Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding.

2. Kindly let me know if he chooses to NOT apply for PR card renewal for the next 2 years, will it be lawful as per IRCC laws and regulations. Can he face any complications later on. Is it mandatory to apply for PR card renewal soon after landing on PRTD.

3. Can he in the meantime sponsor our parents for a visit visa, if he prefers to wait for next 2 years before applying.
I do hope you will kindly clarify us on these points. Thanks.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
  1. Unless he is absolutely certain his H&C reasons were accepted, I would wait to renew.
  2. There is no requirement to renew a PR card. Unless he plans on travelling, it's not required.
  3. Technically, he can't sponsor your parents for a TRV. He can offer a letter of invitation. Your parents would need to qualify for the TRV on their own merit (financial, home ties, travel history, etc). If he is worried about drawing IRCC attention to his status, I doubt your parents applying for a TRV would cause a review of his RO.

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
  1. Unless he is absolutely certain his H&C reasons were accepted, I would wait to renew.
  2. There is no requirement to renew a PR card. Unless he plans on travelling, it's not required.
  3. Technically, he can't sponsor your parents for a TRV. He can offer a letter of invitation. Your parents would need to qualify for the TRV on their own merit (financial, home ties, travel history, etc). If he is worried about drawing IRCC attention to his status, I doubt your parents applying for a TRV would cause a review of his RO.
Indeed thanks a lot for your reply. Our situation is somewhat clearer to me now. My brother would not like to take risk.

There is one more thing, I would like to know. I am also in the process of applying for PR through Express Entry under FSW category. Considering the situation and details of my brother as explained in previous post, please let me know if I am entitled/ eligible to obtain 15 sibling CRS points for my brother.