Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Yup I agree. I got so pissed off when I saw my score of 6.5 for both listening and speaking. I literally got 8.5 for speaking section on my second exam. The administration office was so reluctant to submit any EOR request but I insisted. So if you got a strong feeling that you did a great job, then go for it.
This is a disaster, and like many other businesses British Council will never accept that there is any discrepancy or incompatibility in their examiners. I have felt that 6.5 is quite a safe score to award as an examiner especially to whom who knows the English language well. Anyways, finally you have gone through so enjoy your time, are you moving from USA to Canada?

Me_ha_k

Nov 23, 2018
Hi Guys!

I can’t wait to share my good news with you!
I received my EOR result today after the 17days request submission. Both my Speaking and Writing increased 1 score for each! Now my score is L8.5, R8, S7.5, W7.5!

Thank you for your stories and that really inspired me! Don’t lose hope guys! That’s definitely worth trying!!
Hi
I just want to ask about the format for writing which u have followed to score 7.5. As i am struggling in this area. Thanks in advance

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
My husband appeared for IDP IELTS-computer delivered test on 23rd december. Got the result on 28th December.
L-8,R-8,W-6.5,S-7

We thought a lot and applied for EOR on 24th Jan. After going through certain people’s feedback we called up the customer care and they said that the head office did not receive the documents yet from the center we submitted the documents, so we need to wait until they receive the documents.

Hoping for the best.
Go for the EOR and book another test at the same time which will save your time.

CoolGuy26

Jan 24, 2019
5th Jan 2019 exam Canada location: I got bad result: L,R,S,W : 7, 6.5, 6.5, 5.5. Is it worth to apply for EOR in writing, as I just need 0.5 in writing more to make 6 in each sections and not more than that. IELTS BC.
Can't stop sharing it. just after 10 days, today I got my EOR result and my writing increased by 0.5 and that is what I want. My IELTS journey ends here. Good luck to everyone.

My experience is that, if you just need 0.5 (only in WRITING) and your score is not more than 6.5, then go for EOR. For other modules I am not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: pjgowtham

Me_ha_k

Nov 23, 2018
Can't stop sharing it. just after 10 days, today I got my EOR result and my writing increased by 0.5 and that is what I want. My IELTS journey ends here. Good luck to everyone.

My experience is that, if you just need 0.5 (only in WRITING) and your score is not more than 6.5, then go for EOR. For other modules I am not sure.
Is it was computer based or paper based?

Me_ha_k

Nov 23, 2018
D
IDP
Exam date - 15 December 2018
Score - R/L/W/S- 8.5/8.5/6.5/7.5
EOR applied for writing on 9 January 2018.
Not too sure if this was a wise move. I think i could have given speaking for EOR as well(better chance of refund)
Awaiting for results nervously.
Hi
Do u get any update ?

Mrs Iyer

Jan 30, 2019
Hi all,
I have been following this thread ever since i filled my EOR in Dec and this thread kept me motivated.
Below is my IELTS journey (both BC paper based)

First attempt - 12 May 2018
LRWS - 8,8,6.5,8

Second attempt - 1 Dec 2018
LRWS - 9,9,6.5,7.5

EOR on 29 Dec, result on 27 Jan
Got writing score changed to 7

I agree with success stories moto here..if u trust yourself, go for EOR.

Good luck to all

Reactions: jigesh

GetLucky8888

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
This is a disaster, and like many other businesses British Council will never accept that there is any discrepancy or incompatibility in their examiners. I have felt that 6.5 is quite a safe score to award as an examiner especially to whom who knows the English language well. Anyways, finally you have gone through so enjoy your time, are you moving from USA to Canada?
Yup thanks, I’m moving from US to Canada.

Reactions: jigesh

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Yup thanks, I’m moving from US to Canada.
Really? My cousin says me that people live in the US has no interest in migrating to Canada considering that the US is far more developed and has a high salary benchmark. Though I don't believe in this crap :) Its funny, I am curious, what motivates you to immigrate there?

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Hi all,
I have been following this thread ever since i filled my EOR in Dec and this thread kept me motivated.
Below is my IELTS journey (both BC paper based)

First attempt - 12 May 2018
LRWS - 8,8,6.5,8

Second attempt - 1 Dec 2018
LRWS - 9,9,6.5,7.5

EOR on 29 Dec, result on 27 Jan
Got writing score changed to 7

I agree with success stories moto here..if u trust yourself, go for EOR.

Good luck to all
Congratulations, your first attempt would have been cleared if you had opted for an EOR.

bless003

Dec 14, 2018
Hello All

Does BC let candidates know if their EOR was successful on notifying them about the completion of the process. I got a mail notifying me to pick up my result on Friday. There was no indication as to if it was successful or not. Just really tensed now....

Tejasd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Hello All

Does BC let candidates know if their EOR was successful on notifying them about the completion of the process. I got a mail notifying me to pick up my result on Friday. There was no indication as to if it was successful or not. Just really tensed now....
No they dont inform anything via mail or phone. Dont worry about that.

Tejasd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Hello All

What was your test and eor date?