+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relative in Canada and ROE

ast1980

Dec 18, 2016
Hello,

I have claimed points under "Relatives In Canada" as my mom's brother ( maternal uncle) resides in Canada. Can the experts please advise

1- Does "Proof of Relationship" category in the ITA refers/requires me to establish my relationship with my maternal uncle
2- If yes, then what documents do i need to provide

3- Further, can you also advise whom we need to address in Letter of Explanation (LOE).

Thanks and Best Regards,

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes
2 - Document requirements

This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents).

3 - It doesn't matter - to whom it may concern, dear officer, dear batman.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ast1980 said:
Hello,

I have claimed points under "Relatives In Canada" as my mom's brother ( maternal uncle) resides in Canada. Can the experts please advise

1- Does "Proof of Relationship" category in the ITA refers/requires me to establish my relationship with my maternal uncle
2- If yes, then what documents do i need to provide

3- Further, can you also advise whom we need to address in Letter of Explanation (LOE).

Thanks and Best Regards,
1. Yes.
2. Check this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html;msg5800210#msg5800210
3. You can address it to
IRCC
Case Processing Centre
Canada