HOPING TO GET WAIVED OFF
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi All,

I have a job offer from a employer in Canada as Food Counter Attentend.
My application has been rejected by VISA Officer with giving the reason that I am not well established here in my native country and will not come back after the WP Visa experied.

So can i apply again with the same documents or i have to attach new documents.

Pls help.

I
have applied for WP with documents .

1.Job offer letter and Contarct letter
2.My experience certificate
3.My salry slip
4.My eduaction certifcate

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Without proving ties to your home country,You will be rejected again and again and again.I know someone who was rejected 7 times before he got the message,Concentrate on proving ties to your home country.

sobol

Dec 4, 2008
Hello all,
But how could one prove his/her ties if he/she has an application for PR running in parallel? I asked this question before but it seems to be problematic. What ties could be "valid" for a person who moves with the family for 18 months on WP? It reads from this letter that PR submitted before WP can harm more than help. Your thoughts, please.
Thanks.

zuzu

Star Member
Nov 14, 2008
sobol said:
Hello all,
But how could one prove his/her ties if he/she has an application for PR running in parallel? I asked this question before but it seems to be problematic. What ties could be "valid" for a person who moves with the family for 18 months on WP? It reads from this letter that PR submitted before WP can harm more than help. Your thoughts, please.
Thanks.
very simple answer if you think about it. You can tell them if PR is rejected then you would continue working back at your home country. If you donot mention this small line CIC thinks that you would stay in canada by hook or by crook.

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
try to include family pics,a letter explaining of your intention going to canada and the reason to go back to your own country after your authorized stay,and lastly some assets and properties if you have.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
well, the problem is that, having applying for PR, he obviously intends to stay in Canada. In the mind of the immigration officer, there is one single question:

- Will this person go back home after his temporary visa expires, if his PR has not been yet issued, or if it has been refused?

I don't know when you applied for PR, what your experience is, if you have family, etc., etc., but I guess one argument you can make goes something like this: "I have no reason to belive my PR application would be refused - I have enough points, I have relevant work experience, and I have been in line for XX months, so a decision should be forthcoming. In my PR application, I have included members of my family: my spouse and children (if that is the case). I would not jeopardize my application my overstaying my temporary visa. Indeed, I have applied for a temporary visa because that would allow me to familiarize myself with the canadian job market and culture, so as to ease my future integration in Canada, should I be granted PR - which, again, I believe will be the case."

or something like that. but I cannot guarantee it would work.

good luck!

sobol

Dec 4, 2008
Thank you all. I my case we applied because we wanted to immigrate and we didn't think that we will have a job offer. Suddenly I got a job offer which seems to be very attractive. Suppose they will issue me the WP now. May it speed up the processing of the PR? Or an opposite? I applied two months before and my profession belongs to the 38-list.
Another question - suppose we leave on WP. How does the processing of the PR go from this point?

genio

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Hi.I am in a similar situation. I posted my situation here at top on first comment today, so won't go into detail.I was told by a gov't person, permanent residence process and a visitor's visa are totally seperate. In my situation, I doubt my Colombian wife can come on a visitor's visa, so want to try the work visa. I am not sure if it will help or hurt anything to admit, the permanent residency is in process. I just want my wife to come even temporaily. Of course, appears we must convince officials, at end of working visa, she will return "home" to Colombia, while awaiting her permanent resident status

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
sobol said:
Thank you all. I my case we applied because we wanted to immigrate and we didn't think that we will have a job offer. Suddenly I got a job offer which seems to be very attractive. Suppose they will issue me the WP now. May it speed up the processing of the PR? Or an opposite? I applied two months before and my profession belongs to the 38-list.
Another question - suppose we leave on WP. How does the processing of the PR go from this point?
-Send a copy of your job offer to update your file. This will strengthen your case.

ang3l

Jan 4, 2009
Hi guys,

Please help! I just got refused from my work permit application. According to the refusal letter 2 reasons for the refusal:
-insufficient years of experience
-and lack of education

These are Unbelievable!
The IT position the employer gave me required only 2 years of experience and should have Bachelor's Degree. I have more than 2 years of experience in IT field and finished Bachelor's Degree on March 2004. I don't understand why they did not noticed all my papers. Perhaps they lost them.

Are the Visa Officer really knows what they are doing?

I feel dismay as I cannot defend or prove to them again and again that I have the important requirements they need.

Can I reapply again asap using the same documents?
Should we call Embassy customer service for the courier pick-up schedule?
I need your help on how to reapply. Please!!

Thank you so much!

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
reading this thread i am a little bit confused. When i received my first WP....i went to POE in Vancouver....flagpoled and came back into Canada with my Canadian partner and son. I produced all my evidence....LMO contract etc...and the officer even said to me at that point...oh i expect you will be staying here and applying for PR....in my innocence i said yes....and he smiled and stamped my WP....even made sure it was noted that my son could study any where in Canada.

So.....does this ties to your home country apply to just certain Nationals????...because in my experience (i am British by the way) that was never a problem for me. Also i have just submitted my second application for a WP (thankfully the positive LMO came through it took 3 days).....which will be running concurrently with my PR application...now i worry i should just flagpole at the US/Canadian border rather than send it in.....seems the border guards are friendlier....anyone else found this to be true???