+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Lmia no.

Ayakeish

Nov 14, 2023
Good evening, I am SINP approved and I want to apply for a work permit. There's a question on the Application for work permit made outside canada form regarding Lmia no. but i don't know my LMIA no. but I am SINP approved. Hope somebody can hep me with this matter. Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good evening, I am SINP approved and I want to apply for a work permit. There's a question on the Application for work permit made outside canada form regarding Lmia no. but i don't know my LMIA no. but I am SINP approved. Hope somebody can hep me with this matter. Thanks!
What SINP program? Do you have a JAL? If not, You would need a LMIA from your employer to apply for a closed work permit.

Ayakeish

Nov 14, 2023
What SINP program? Do you have a JAL? If not, You would need a LMIA from your employer to apply for a closed work permit.
I am under international skillled worker. I have Sinp nomination letter and sinp work permit support letter.

Ayakeish

Nov 14, 2023
So International Skilled Worker with job offer? So you have a JAL from your employer?
Yes i am under international skilled worker with job offer. So I don't need a lmia? Should i just put not applicable to the question regarding lmia no.?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes i am under international skilled worker with job offer. So I don't need a lmia? Should i just put not applicable to the question regarding lmia no.?
A JAL doesn’t allow you to apply for a permit. So has your employer paid for the Employer Compliance fee with IRCC? If so you will get a LMIA exempt number. Ask employer for LMIA exemption number.

If the nominee is not currently working in Saskatchewan, they will use the SINP Work Permit Support Letter to apply for a temporary work permit, through the International Mobility Program, to allow them to work in Saskatchewan while they apply for permanent residency. To enable the worker you hired to start working in Saskatchewan as soon as possible, you must support their application for a temporary work permit. The nominee must apply for a work permit immediately after nomination by the SINP.

To obtain a work permit for the nominee you have hired, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requires employers to complete an online form and pay an Employer Compliance Fee of $230 for each foreign national requiring an Employer-specific Work Permit. Employers submit the offer of employment form and pay the employer compliance fee through the IRCC Employer Portal. Please see the IRCC Employer Portal User Guide for information about the process. In the Employer Portal, when you "Create an offer of employment," you will use the LMIA exemption title "T13" when you are hiring a SINP nominee. You will need to provide your candidate with the offer of employment number (A#######) generated by the system once you submit your application through the IRCC Employer Portal.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/hire-a-foreign-worker/recruit-and-hire-workers-with-sinp/hiring-workers-for-permanent-jobs

Ayakeish

Nov 14, 2023
A JAL doesn’t allow you to apply for a permit. So has your employer paid for the Employer Compliance fee with IRCC? If so you will get a LMIA exempt number. Ask employer for LMIA exemption number.

If the nominee is not currently working in Saskatchewan, they will use the SINP Work Permit Support Letter to apply for a temporary work permit, through the International Mobility Program, to allow them to work in Saskatchewan while they apply for permanent residency. To enable the worker you hired to start working in Saskatchewan as soon as possible, you must support their application for a temporary work permit. The nominee must apply for a work permit immediately after nomination by the SINP.

To obtain a work permit for the nominee you have hired, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requires employers to complete an online form and pay an Employer Compliance Fee of $230 for each foreign national requiring an Employer-specific Work Permit. Employers submit the offer of employment form and pay the employer compliance fee through the IRCC Employer Portal. Please see the IRCC Employer Portal User Guide for information about the process. In the Employer Portal, when you "Create an offer of employment," you will use the LMIA exemption title "T13" when you are hiring a SINP nominee. You will need to provide your candidate with the offer of employment number (A#######) generated by the system once you submit your application through the IRCC Employer Portal.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/hire-a-foreign-worker/recruit-and-hire-workers-with-sinp/hiring-workers-for-permanent-jobs
I have no idea if my Employer pay for Employer compliance fee so I will ask him. Thank you for this information. It was very helpful.