+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Gap in Work History

aquibjafer

Aug 9, 2022
Hello All,

So after I completed my bachelors, Idid multiple jobs which has different NOC codes. However, after 2 years I got a job, where i worked for 3 years which matches with my NOC code. So I was wondering how do i fill my first work experience? Should I add that information at all? Or should i just mention that I was unemployed at that time? If i put unemployed, will that affect my profile in any way?

Kindly advice on the same.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hello All,

So after I completed my bachelors, Idid multiple jobs which has different NOC codes. However, after 2 years I got a job, where i worked for 3 years which matches with my NOC code. So I was wondering how do i fill my first work experience? Should I add that information at all? Or should i just mention that I was unemployed at that time? If i put unemployed, will that affect my profile in any way?

Kindly advice on the same.
For expedience section, you can mention only the 3 as that’s what you are claiming points for. The rest can come under your personal history.

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
If you were unemployed, write unemployed. If I understood correctly, you worked with different NOCS, you were not unemployed

aquibjafer

Aug 9, 2022
For expedience section, you can mention only the 3 as that’s what you are claiming points for. The rest can come under your personal history.
I did not know there is an option to mention that in personal history. Thanks!! But will they ask additional documents if i mention that in personal history? Reason why i am asking is the first company i worked in is now shut down and there is no way for me to contact them if i need any additional information, like roles and responsibilities or pay slip for example.

aquibjafer

Aug 9, 2022
If you were unemployed, write unemployed. If I understood correctly, you worked with different NOCS, you were not unemployed
Thats right. I did work for different NOC. However i am not sure where or if i need to fill that information as i am guessing it is not relevant to my application? Kindly advice

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
Thats right. I did work for different NOC. However i am not sure where or if i need to fill that information as i am guessing it is not relevant to my application? Kindly advice
You can just write under personal history as mandie also suggested, if proof will be needed you can show your pay stubs, but it won't be needed

aquibjafer

Aug 9, 2022
You can just write under personal history as mandie also suggested, if proof will be needed you can show your pay stubs, but it won't be needed
Thank you for your response.

Where exactly is this "Personal History" while filling the application? I do not see a section like that. I do see "Work History" and "Personal details", but I do not see any area where i can put such additional information. Kindly advice.