+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Cap reached at CIC

NishiGogetter

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Hi Folks,

As we can see two of the NOCs reached the cap, but somehow the date at bottom is not moving..it still says May 4th?

The website also mentions it is updated once a week at least...

So should we assume that all they are working on till now/today is on the applications received on first day?

Can someone please provide some insight?

Thanks,

Aug 23, 2013
could you please tell me.I applied on 2 june 2013 now the 2174 cap is filled and i did not recieve any acknowledgment from them. Am I out from the race or still have chances to get acknowledgment please tell me
My agent is telling me to have some patience for next one week i will get file number . Because some people who applied on 2174 got file number

NishiGogetter

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Because some people who applied on 2174 got file number - What is important is what date they applied on.

There seems disconnect in CIC website where it mentions "As on 4th May" and "We update it every week" ,

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
NishiGogetter said:
Hi Folks,

As we can see two of the NOCs reached the cap, but somehow the date at bottom is not moving..it still says May 4th?

So should we assume that all they are working on till now/today is on the applications received on first day?

Thanks,
Hi Nishi, please don't get confused by the instructions line indicating 4th May since it was just the start date of submitting applications, if you scroll the page further down you will find on the extreme right corner (just above the terms & conditions):

Date Modified:2013-08-21

Its just 2 days back....Hope this helps.... :)

dharmesh312

Aug 23, 2013
NishiGogetter said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks,
Hi,
Please note that the date is "as of May 4", not "as on May 4". The dictionary meaning of "as of" is "since". So the count is since May 4 and not as on May 4. The date will not change in any updates throughout this year because it indicates "since May 4". You can verify the meaning of "as of" on google.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sandeep_verma1985 said:
So tell me am i in the race or not
The only people who can know that are inside CIC, and they will tell you when they are ready.
There is nothing you can do about it, so just relax. Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Aug 23, 2013
Thanks zardoz

but some of the categories are filled with only 4,5 caps

i dont understood only 997 people applied for that or they choose randomly from large no. of files

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sandeep_verma1985 said:
Thanks zardoz

but some of the categories are filled with only 4,5 caps

i dont understood only 997 people applied for that or they choose randomly from large no. of files
They process the applications in the order which they are received by CIC. Some NOCs are much more popular than others and this is why some NCOs have already reached their cap while others only have a few completed applications.

Picanto

Jul 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandeep_verma1985 said:
So tell me am i in the race or not
How on earth would he know that?

Relax man.....listen to your consultant....give it a few more weeks.

in the interim...... get busy doing something else.

worrying never did anybody any good

dharmesh312

Aug 23, 2013
sandeep_verma1985 said:
could you please tell me.I applied on 2 june 2013 now the 2174 cap is filled and i did not recieve any acknowledgment from them. Am I out from the race or still have chances to get acknowledgment please tell me
My agent is telling me to have some patience for next one week i will get file number . Because some people who applied on 2174 got file number
Hi,
Did u get any update from CIC? Please update your status if you get any response from CIC because I am sailing in the same boat as yours. My application reached Canada on June 20, 2013. Even I am waiting for response from CIC.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Please ref
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2013-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t146774.0.html
its useful

Matarani

Sep 25, 2013
dharmesh312 said:
Hi,
Did u get any update from CIC? Please update your status if you get any response from CIC because I am sailing in the same boat as yours. My application reached Canada on June 20, 2013. Even I am waiting for response from CIC.
Hi,

Did you guys received any update from CIC ?

Best wishes !