+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding applying for PR with OINP with dependent candidates (spouse)

yuktikapahwa

Jan 11, 2016
Please see my queries below:-

1) My fiancé is on work permit visa in Canada (Residing in Canada since September 2014) which is valid till March, 2019. She has been nominated by OINP recently which is valid till April, 2017. I am working in an MNC in India and we both will be getting married on 25th December, 2016. Now my question here is
Can my fiancé apply for my PR along with her PR (Wherein I will act as dependent candidate in her file) under IRCC Provincial Nominee Program category.

2) if it is possible is she required to apply her new passport as a married woman before applying the PR for both of us, as in her current passport the status is single and she was single when she applied for her Provincial Nominee Program.

3) Is her spouse (Me) required to clear IELTS exam before she applies the PR for both of us. (If yes what is the minimum band I require?

Please mention any relevant CIC link to all these queries if possible.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuktikapahwa said:

1) My fiancé is on work permit visa in Canada (Residing in Canada since September 2014) which is valid till March, 2019. She has been nominated by OINP recently which is valid till April, 2017. I am working in an MNC in India and we both will be getting married on 25th December, 2016. Now my question here is
Can my fiancé apply for my PR along with her PR (Wherein I will act as dependent candidate in her file) under IRCC Provincial Nominee Program category.
Yes it is possible to add you in her application but only if she did not finish with her application after ITA (did not recieve COPR and did not do the first landing). After that you have to go through the sponsoring process, where she will sponsor you as her spouse. Be also aware, that if you go for application together you need to check her points as married or with accompanying partner applicants. It might be, that she would not fullfill criteria of PNP nomination anymore.

2) if it is possible is she required to apply her new passport as a married woman before applying the PR for both of us, as in her current passport the status is single and she was single when she applied for her Provincial Nominee Program.
I do not see problem of changing passport because of her status a most likely name as well. but she has to inform federals about such event. and her points will be recalculated again (and attention, it will be done both on CRS and FSW or CEC level)

3) Is her spouse (Me) required to clear IELTS exam before she applies the PR for both of us. (If yes what is the minimum band I require?
Technicaly they are not must, but those points will go to her application as well. So up to you both if she will still match the minimum requirement.

Check on the forum about EE and start there.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
yuktikapahwa said:

Hi

1. You will be a dependent in her application. She is going to be the primary applicant.

2. She doesn't need a new passport at all. I am primary applicant and my husband is my dependent in my PR application. I am MPNP PR applicant and I have the same old passport.

3. If she is eligible under PNP PR skill worker category and is going to submit paper application you don't (Her spouse) don't need to give IELTS.

One more good thing is you are eligible for an Open Work Permit on the basis of you wife's valid PNP. Check the below link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/policy.asp

C41

"Spouses of provincial nominee work permit holders

Note: Spouses or common-law partners of work permit holders who have been nominated for permanent residence by a province are entitled to open work permits for the duration of the work permit of the provincial nominee principal applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation."

Regards
Vagaur