Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully May 2015
Hi all,

My cousins vistor visa for canada got refused few days back. It was said that 1) he didnt show proper funds 2) he purpose of visit is not clear.

We gave all documents properly like my invitation letter as i am in canada now, funds on his bank, funds on my bank, his employment letter etc. still got refused.

Last time we applied on paper, this time we want to apply online. I have few questions

1) Does previous refusal affect current application?
2) While submitting online, there is an option for "explanation letter". Can we use that letter to explain our ties in India and purposes?
3) If he increases his bank balances significantly, will that help? How much bank balance to show for a stay of 10 days (we plan for Christmas days).
4) Proof of relation is asked when submitting online. How do I show since he is my cousin? Also I dont know why this was asked, because when filling the questionnaire, he selected "No" in the option when asked "if there is any family member in canada" !!

Thanks

MHIDS

Oct 25, 2015
hi... we were once denied by the embassy here in Saudi Arabia for applying a TRV because our residence permit (ID) was expiring. i re-submitted our application (family) after i got the new ID and we were granted a multiple entry visa. for the bank statements, i think they will consider how much is coming in & out on your account, at least you will satisfy the immigration officer that you will not over-stay in Canada. In my case, i included an explanation letter as well to prove that i have no intention to over-stay in Canada, and that i have a descent work here in Saudi Arabia. Good luck!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@nm_Ranga

Your earlier post i.e. before your cousin applied for a TRV already had red flags:
He was unemployed + he intended to visit for nearly 6 months (or did you change it to 1-2 months later?), etc. Hence, a TRV refusal was inevitable if he did not demonstrate strong ties to India.

To answer your current post:
1) Does previous refusal affect current application?
Yes, it will affect the current application IF the previous reasons for TRV refusal are not addressed.

While submitting online, there is an option for "explanation letter". Can we use that letter to explain our ties in India and purposes?
Your cousin.... and NOT you..... needs to prove that he has strong reasons to return to India. He must also prove that he has a genuine reason to visit Canada that too for a reasonable period of time such as 2-3 weeks.

Is he employed? If yes, since when?
How long does he intend to visit?
How much finances did he show? Was all of this money his own or borrowed just for the TRV application?
What other ties does he have to India?

3) If he increases his bank balances significantly, will that help? How much bank balance to show for a stay of 10 days (we plan for Christmas days).
If you mean borrowing money to *increase his bank balance significantly* then you can definitely expect another TRV refusal.

Your cousin must prove that HE (and NOT you) has the finances for his visit.... and any bank balance that he submits must match his income/sources of income (For example, FD interest/rental income/shares trading, etc).

4) Proof of relation is asked when submitting online. How do I show since he is my cousin?
How is he related to you? For example: Is he the son-of-your-father's-sister/brother? Or the son-of-your-mother's-sister/brother?

Cheers :)

manjitspal

Oct 20, 2015
Hi.. i have US 10 year multiple entry visa, recently I had applied TRV visa through our association fro attend to an exhibition in Canada. They have refused my visa with a reason Having a legitimate business purpose in Canada. then I reapply again with clarification my reason and they resend my passport back to me with a letter on 28/09/2015, that cleared my mistake, I have sign my from on good faith, but he have not fill right information in my form Specifically Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country.
But I have already country 2 refusal stamps that are Germany and UK. The Consulate give me an opportunity to respond the above matter with thirty days and I had clarified my truthfulness through sent a letter on 08/10/2015 but they did not respond till now so please help me what i can do now Tahnks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
manjitspal said:
Hi.. i have US 10 year multiple entry visa, recently I had applied TRV visa through our association fro attend to an exhibition in Canada. They have refused my visa with a reason Having a legitimate business purpose in Canada. then I reapply again with clarification my reason and they resend my passport back to me with a letter on 28/09/2015, that cleared my mistake, I have sign my from on good faith, but he have not fill right information in my form Specifically Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country.
But I have already country 2 refusal stamps that are Germany and UK. The Consulate give me an opportunity to respond the above matter with thirty days and I had clarified my truthfulness through sent a letter on 08/10/2015 but they did not respond till now so please help me what i can do now Tahnks.
There's nothing you can do but wait. Chances are you are going to be refused since you failed to mention your past refusals in your application. It doesn't matter who completed the paperwork - you are responsible for making sure it's accurate. There is also some possibility Canada may issue you a 5 year ban from entering the country for misrepresentation (but hopefully they won't do that).

nm_Ranga

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11 Dec 14
Med's Done....
24 Dec 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully May 2015
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks... if I send a copy of flight tickets up & down along withapplication... will that help his intention to come back to India?

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
nm_Ranga said:
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks... if I send a copy of flight tickets up & down along withapplication... will that help his intention to come back to India?

Regards
Yes, it will help.

Your cousin must demonstrate he has other reasons to return..... if you share the list of documents that he will submit then I can advise better

Svety

Mar 26, 2013
Hi folks. Not sure in what thread should I post this. So, I have a question here: I am an Ukrainian citizen, and recently, I've been refused my study permit extension twice.
In short, I lived in Canada for 4,5 years, and left Canada 4 months ago, cause I had to renew my national passport. I didn't have TRV, so couldn't come back and applied for study permit extension from the US, where I went for vacation from Ukraine. Study Permit extension was "successfully refused", however. I reapplied and got refused again. The reasons are:
1. travel history
2. immigration status in the country of residence
3. length of proposed stay in Canada
4. Purpose of visit
5. Current employment situation
6. employment prospects in the country of residence
Yeah, too many reasons, eh?
So, I’d like to know if there is any chance to get a tourist visa, cause I have at least to finalize my things there. + pick up my stuff, and make docs for my pet, so that I can take him with me. + sell lots of stuff. I can’t do all these things, not being there. When I left Canada, I was expecting to come back within 2 weeks, and left everything there. Additionally, I had my life in Canada, and wasn’t ready to leave it all just like that, and wasn’t even going to.
My concern is would CIC consider this reason a real reason to enter Canada since I’ve been refused study permit extension twice, spent 4,5 years there, and currently applying for Express Entry(but, haven’t received my ITA yet, if it matters)? Honestly, even to me it sound like another refusal letter, and a waste of 100bucks consular fee, but still felt like asking you, guys: Is there any way in?
Cheers.

manjitspal

Oct 20, 2015
Thank you scylla for your best suggestion now I am waiting for better response from Consulate
thanks one again

manjitspal

Oct 20, 2015
scylla said:
There's nothing you can do but wait. Chances are you are going to be refused since you failed to mention your past refusals in your application. It doesn't matter who completed the paperwork - you are responsible for making sure it's accurate. There is also some possibility Canada may issue you a 5 year ban from entering the country for misrepresentation (but hopefully they won't do that).
Thank you scylla for your best suggestion now I am waiting for better response from Consulate
thanks one again

manjitspal

Oct 20, 2015
manjitspal said:
thanks one again
if The Consulate dose not reply then can you suggest me for reapply ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
manjitspal said:
if The Consulate dose not reply then can you suggest me for reapply ?
As Scylla mentioned, you'll have to wait. It is not advisable to reapply in your situation.

In all likelihood, you will receive a TRV refusal for failing to disclose your previous Germany and UK visa refusals. You may also receive a 5 year ban from entering Canada for misrepresentation (same reason).

The Consulate give me an opportunity to respond the above matter with thirty days
What you received was a *Procedural Fairness Letter* that gave you 30 days to explain why you had failed to disclose your previous visa refusals for Germany and the UK.

It is your responsibility to verify and disclose all material facts correctly and truthfully even if your agent prepares a visa application.

If you had realized your mistake (not disclosing the UK and Germany refusals) BEFORE the visa office sent you the Fairness Letter then you would've probably been let off with only a TRV refusal. Hope you do not get a 5 years ban

All the best

nm_Ranga

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11 Dec 14
Med's Done....
24 Dec 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully May 2015
Hi Bryanna,

I am giving all documents what has been asked by CIC.

Letter of Invitation.
Letter of explanation.
Source of funds (mine)
Source of funds (his)
Flight tickets (up & down)
Itinerary (where is he visiting each day)

And I am showing he is responsible for his expenses in Canada.. is that OK? Because, last time I gave I am responsible.. and got rejected..

Your opinions???

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Source of funds (his)
How much funds will he show? And, is it his own money?

And I am showing he is responsible for his expenses in Canada.. is that OK?
Yes, it's okay to say you will provide accommodation/take care of his travel and living expenses. However, your cousin must prove he has a strong financial situation and he can pay for these expenses.... without depending on you.

IMHO your cousin must NOT reapply for a TRV at this point in time. There's nothing to show that he will return to India.

His personal/professional situation has not changed since the previous refusal. And, reapplying will only indicate *desperation* to get a TRV. Please wait until he establishes strong ties to India + his financial situation improves

All the best :)

manjitspal

Oct 20, 2015
Bryanna said:
As Scylla mentioned, you'll have to wait. It is not advisable to reapply in your situation.

In all likelihood, you will receive a TRV refusal for failing to disclose your previous Germany and UK visa refusals. You may also receive a 5 year ban from entering Canada for misrepresentation (same reason).

What you received was a *Procedural Fairness Letter* that gave you 30 days to explain why you had failed to disclose your previous visa refusals for Germany and the UK.

It is your responsibility to verify and disclose all material facts correctly and truthfully even if your agent prepares a visa application.

If you had realized your mistake (not disclosing the UK and Germany refusals) BEFORE the visa office sent you the Fairness Letter then you would've probably been let off with only a TRV refusal. Hope you do not get a 5 years ban

All the best
I have clear my mistake in the mean time and apologised but they have not any respond
regards