+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of spouse file under R205 c(ii) provide insufficant information on full time course program.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. I definitely attached the new LOA and Tuition Fee Receipt. Moreover, we have been married traditionally and living together for over 6 years - albeit we had our court wedding December 2022 (11 months ago). We have three children aged 6, 4 and 2 who were also secondary applicants and were also refused few days after my husband's refusal with the visa officer stating that they did not believe that they will leave Canada after their Studies. In addition, we submitted family pictures spanning a few years.
You May want to order GCMS notes to read officer notes on reasons for refusal. Ask for reconsideration for spouse if you attached documents. Children need to reapply. For the children, the 6 and 4 year old need a study permit. 2 year old a TRV. Also show funds for daycare for 2 year old and before and after school care for the 6 & 4 year. Show that the children have secured spots for care. Waiting lists are long for daycare and before/after school programs unless spouse is gong to not work. Have you also secured housing because you will need a 2-3 bedroom. Some will not rent a one or two bedroom to a family of 5.

When does your program start? January? You may have been approved because your ties to return are your spouse and family. So you and your family need definitive proof that you are all returning following your studies. Your spouse and children‘s permits are not guaranteed. You may want to go to Canada, get settled, and show that kids have secured daycare spots with paid fees and you have a large enough place to live. Your rental will be $2500+ per month so include $30k+ in just renting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fizhér

Ifeadigonma

Nov 10, 2023
You May want to order GCMS notes to read officer notes on reasons for refusal. Ask for reconsideration for spouse if you attached documents. Children need to reapply. For the children, the 6 and 4 year old need a study permit. 2 year old a TRV. Also show funds for daycare for 2 year old and before and after school care for the 6 & 4 year. Show that the children have secured spots for care. Waiting lists are long for daycare and before/after school programs unless spouse is gong to not work. Have you also secured housing because you will need a 2-3 bedroom. Some will not rent a one or two bedroom to a family of 5.

When does your program start? January? You may have been approved because your ties to return are your spouse and family. So you and your family need definitive proof that you are all returning following your studies. Your spouse and children‘s permits are not guaranteed. You may want to go to Canada, get settled, and show that kids have secured daycare spots with paid fees and you have a large enough place to live. Your rental will be $2500+ per month so include $30k+ in just renting.
Thanks so much for the information. I am currently waiting for my GCMS notes. Already applied last two weeks.

However, how do I apply for reconsideration? Please guide me on the process. My program starts January and I have already booked my ticket. I am in the process of getting housing (2 bedroom) through a realtor now. My total funds is about C$85k which is sufficient to cover all our expenses. My partner will not seek physical employment - as a Data Analyst, he plans to work remotely so that he can cater for the children during my schooling hours. However, I don't mind looking for daycare for the kids.

So please, I want to know about the reconsideration procedure as we await their GCMS notes. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks so much for the information. I am currently waiting for my GCMS notes. Already applied last two weeks.

However, how do I apply for reconsideration? Please guide me on the process. My program starts January and I have already booked my ticket. I am in the process of getting housing (2 bedroom) through a realtor now. My total funds is about C$85k which is sufficient to cover all our expenses. My partner will not seek physical employment - as a Data Analyst, he plans to work remotely so that he can cater for the children during my schooling hours. However, I don't mind looking for daycare for the kids.

So please, I want to know about the reconsideration procedure as we await their GCMS notes. Thanks
Raise a webform for reconsideration. Make sure your lease with your landlord allows for 5 people in a 2 bedroom. Assume program is one year. Have 2 oldest taken medicals? What have you shown that you all will return? Again your permit may have been approved because your family are ties for you to return after completing your studies.

Ifeadigonma

Nov 10, 2023
Raise a webform for reconsideration. Make sure your lease with your landlord allows for 5 people in a 2 bedroom. Assume program is one year. Have 2 oldest taken medicals? What have you shown that you all will return? Again your permit may have been approved because your family are ties for you to return after completing your studies.
Okay. Thanks. All my family have taken upfront medicals. It is a two year program. We have our businesses, properties and most importantly, family members (mother, siblings, nephews and nieces) back home. I will also ensure the rental agreement will include family of 5.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay. Thanks. All my family have taken upfront medicals. It is a two year program. We have our businesses, properties and most importantly, family members (mother, siblings, nephews and nieces) back home. I will also ensure the rental agreement will include family of 5.
Your siblings and mother are not ties so not relevant. Your ties are your spouse and children. Funds for 5 people may be an issues if rent is going to cost you around $60k plus tuition and then living expenses.

Ifeadigonma

Nov 10, 2023
Your siblings and mother are not ties so not relevant. Your ties are your spouse and children. Funds for 5 people may be an issues if rent is going to cost you around $60k plus tuition and then living expenses.
Okay. We currently have a property up for sale. Hopefully that will add at least an extra $30k to our cash, taking our total to $115k. How could I use my spouse and children as family ties back home if they intend joining me in Canada for the duration of my study program? That's the difficulty.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay. We currently have a property up for sale. Hopefully that will add at least an extra $30k to our cash, taking our total to $115k. How could I use my spouse and children as family ties back home if they intend joining me in Canada for the duration of my study program? That's the difficulty.
That is why you need GCMS notes for their refusals. Your permit may have been approved because your family are ties for you to return. So it is not you who has to show ties as you have a permit. Their permits are not guaranteed so they need to show their own ties to return. So your spouse should be showing job ties, investments, income property etc. You say you have businesses so show that they are in his name, and that he must be involved in the day to day operations of the business (contracts/receipts/taxes). It is difficult to show. Also your program may factor in too. If you were doing a Masters or Phd, your family would have higher chance of approval. You are going to a private school partnered with Fleming. IRCC and the government have announced they are cracking down on these type of partnerships as your school will only be international students. IRCC may believe that your aim is immigrating so refusing your spouse and children.

Also your funds for one person were enough for your study permit to be approved but not enough for 5.

So you have made the decision to attend school in January. Your family may not be approved or may wait until you have your work permit to reapply, if refused again.

Ifeadigonma

Nov 10, 2023
That is why you need GCMS notes for their refusals. Your permit may have been approved because your family are ties for you to return. So it is not you who has to show ties as you have a permit. Their permits are not guaranteed so they need to show their own ties to return. So your spouse should be showing job ties, investments, income property etc. You say you have businesses so show that they are in his name, and that he must be involved in the day to day operations of the business (contracts/receipts/taxes). It is difficult to show. Also your program may factor in too. If you were doing a Masters or Phd, your family would have higher chance of approval. You are going to a private school partnered with Fleming. IRCC and the government have announced they are cracking down on these type of partnerships as your school will only be international students. IRCC may believe that your aim is immigrating so refusing your spouse and children.

Also your funds for one person were enough for your study permit to be approved but not enough for 5.

So you have made the decision to attend school in January. Your family may not be approved or may wait until you have your work permit to reapply, if refused again.
Thanks for the details. It all makes better sense now. Though you seems to mistake my school for another. My school is not a private institution. It is actually Fleming College Toronto (campus) and it is a public college. I totally understand that IRCC is clamping down on private colleges hence why I went for a public college.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the details. It all makes better sense now. Though you seems to mistake my school for another. My school is not a private institution. It is actually Fleming College Toronto (campus) and it is a public college. I totally understand that IRCC is clamping down on private colleges hence why I went for a public college.

Thanks
Oh I am not wrong about Fleming Toronto. The public college with a campus is in Peterborough. The Toronto campus is partnered with Trebas Institute Ontario, a private school. Your “campus” is in an office building above an art supply store. IRCC is cracking down on all these public colleges setting up “public“ campuses in Toronto and Brampton with private schools. It is just to make money and only international students go there. And that may be another reason why your spouse and children were refused…going to a college mill.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response. I definitely attached the new LOA and Tuition Fee Receipt. Moreover, we have been married traditionally and living together for over 6 years - albeit we had our court wedding December 2022 (11 months ago). We have three children aged 6, 4 and 2 who were also secondary applicants and were also refused few days after my husband's refusal with the visa officer stating that they did not believe that they will leave Canada after their Studies. In addition, we submitted family pictures spanning a few years.
Reconsideration is not a formal process. Send in a general webform asking for reconsideration of your study permit and highlight the fact that you had attached the documents that the VO said were missing. As others have also pointed out I think the refusal has more to do with your choice of degree and school and the fact that you don’t have enough funds to support a large family. Finding an affordable 2 bedroom that will allow so many children will be difficult. Most rentals are unfurnished so you’ll need for furnish a home (easier live with a mattress and a few dishes as an adult but children need more items to be settled and for a family to function, you will all need warm clothing, it is harder to rely solely on public transport with young children, etc. Are you prepared to study in Canada without your family? At this point there is no guarantee that they’ll be able to join you until PGWP. What is your education and work history? Have you been working in your home country?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Ifeadigonma

Nov 10, 2023
Oh I am not wrong about Fleming Toronto. The public college with a campus is in Peterborough. The Toronto campus is partnered with Trebas Institute Ontario, a private school. Your “campus” is in an office building above an art supply store. IRCC is cracking down on all these public colleges setting up “public“ campuses in Toronto and Brampton with private schools. It is just to make money and only international students go there. And that may be another reason why your spouse and children were refused…going to a college mill.
Wow. I just reviewed the IRCC DLI website and realized that Fleming College Toronto has a different DLI number from the other 4 Fleming campuses. I also so that it's legal name is Fleming College at Trebas Institute Ontario Inc.

I guess that may have something to do with it. Also I want to ask does IRCC have a Master List for Designated Education Institutions which is different from it's DLI lists? Because I couldn't find Fleming Toronto on the Master List.

https://tools.canlearn.ca/cslgs-scpse/cln-cln/reea-mdl/reea-mdl-1-eng.do?nom-name=ON

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Wow. I just reviewed the IRCC DLI website and realized that Fleming College Toronto has a different DLI number from the other 4 Fleming campuses. I also so that it's legal name is Fleming College at Trebas Institute Ontario Inc.

I guess that may have something to do with it. Also I want to ask does IRCC have a Master List for Designated Education Institutions which is different from it's DLI lists? Because I couldn't find Fleming Toronto on the Master List.

https://tools.canlearn.ca/cslgs-scpse/cln-cln/reea-mdl/reea-mdl-1-eng.do?nom-name=ON
It most likely is under Trebas, as this partnership only started in 2022. There are so many articles in the news on these partnerships, the poor education and just ways for colleges to charge huge fees that cater to international students. No Canadians go there. They will go to the actual school. These schools may phase out as the government stops issuing DLIs.

https://flemingcollege.ca/news/fleming-college-partners-with-trebas-institute-ontario-to-offer-fleming-programs-in-toronto/

Agree with @canuck78 with reasons that family is not being approved - funds, your choice of school, no reasons to return.

Last edited:

Ifeadigonma

Nov 10, 2023
It most likely is under Trebas, as this partnership only started in 2022. There are so many articles in the news on these partnerships, the poor education and just ways for colleges to charge huge fees that cater to international students. No Canadians go there. They will go to the actual school. These schools may phase out as the government stops issuing DLIs.

https://flemingcollege.ca/news/fleming-college-partners-with-trebas-institute-ontario-to-offer-fleming-programs-in-toronto/

Agree with @canuck78 with reasons that family is not being approved - funds, your choice of school, no reasons to return.
Yes. It is under Trebas.

Please does my husband need to resubmit his IMM forms and bank statements for a reconsideration? Or just write a Letter?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes. It is under Trebas.

Please does my husband need to resubmit his IMM forms and bank statements for a reconsideration? Or just write a Letter?

Thanks
A reconsideration is for an error in law. You send a webform. You say that reason for refusal was not including LOA. So write a letter saying that you had paid first year tuition (receipt) and LOA for January session. Remember that reconsideration is not a formal process. IRCC doesn’t have to reopen the file or even review it. If he has not gotten a response by January then reapply for SOWP. I think a reason for your spouse’s and children’s refusal is your choice of school. You should be going to a public DLI not partnered with a private school. Attend Fleming in Peterborough, not a private school in an office building. IRCC may not be familiar with this new partnership with Fleming and Trebas, and reason for spouse’s/kids refusal. Don’t want to scare you but you are spending so much money on a poor education. However, you have your study permit and have show the higher salary and job promotion you will get once you leave Canada.

Last edited:

Ifeadigonma

Nov 10, 2023
A reconsideration is for an error in law. You send a webform. You say that reason for refusal was not including LOA. So write a letter saying that you had paid first year tuition (receipt) and LOA for January session. Remember that reconsideration is not a formal process. IRCC doesn’t have to reopen the file or even review it. If he has not gotten a response by January then reapply for SOWP. I think a reason for your spouse’s and children’s refusal is your choice of school. You should be going to a public DLI not partnered with a private school. Attend Fleming in Peterborough, not a private school in an office building. IRCC may not be familiar with this new partnership with Fleming and Trebas, and reason for spouse’s/kids refusal. Don’t want to scare you but you are spending so much money on a poor education. However, you have your study permit and have show the higher salary and job promotion you will get once you leave Canada.
However, I did include the new LOA, study visa and tuition payment receipt and confirmation. I included everything that is necessary and available. So I really do not know what new information to give the IRCC.