+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of spouse file under R205 c(ii) provide insufficant information on full time course program.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
However, I did include the new LOA, study visa and tuition payment receipt and confirmation. I included everything that is necessary and available. So I really do not know what new information to give the IRCC.
You don’t that is the point of reconsideration. You say that you provided all the information and still got refused for not showing full time studies at a DLI. Tell them they made an error and that you are going to a public DLI (sort of) and paid tuition and are going full time.

Ifeadigonma

Nov 10, 2023
You don’t that is the point of reconsideration. You say that you provided all the information and still got refused for not showing full time studies at a DLI. Tell them they made an error and that you are going to a public DLI (sort of) and paid tuition and are going full time.
Okay. Thanks so much

Mwangi Gitau

Dec 14, 2023
I would really like to know the progress if you do not mind please. I am supposed to arrive in Canada in January 2024, and I am planning to apply for a SOWP for my wife to join me. I would like to know how it went so I can avoid such disappointments.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would really like to know the progress if you do not mind please. I am supposed to arrive in Canada in January 2024, and I am planning to apply for a SOWP for my wife to join me. I would like to know how it went so I can avoid such disappointments.
There is no guarantee that a spouse can join their partner in Canada as an international student. Things that help are the type of degree ( advanced degrees have a better chance), proof of enough funds, being in a longterm relationship and not very recently married, etc.

Reactions: Lebaron03

Lebaron03

Jan 19, 2024
There is no guarantee that a spouse can join their partner in Canada as an international student. Things that help are the type of degree ( advanced degrees have a better chance), proof of enough funds, being in a longterm relationship and not very recently married, etc.
I an case of a long proven marriage (15 years), Wife got a study permit (for a 2 years program) with our children, they are already in Canada, what should be the amount needed as "enough funds"?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I an case of a long proven marriage (15 years), Wife got a study permit (for a 2 years program) with our children, they are already in Canada, what should be the amount needed as "enough funds"?
How old are the children and do they already have study permits? There is no exact amount. It also depends on the region of Canada. For your wife alone she now need to show 20k/yr plus her tuition. She would also need to show she has the means to pay for subsequent years of study.

Reactions: Lebaron03

Lebaron03

Jan 19, 2024
How old are the children and do they already have study permits? There is no exact amount. It also depends on the region of Canada. For your wife alone she now need to show 20k/yr plus her tuition. She would also need to show she has the means to pay for subsequent years of study.
As for now her two years tuition fees is paid in full, the children have their Study permit and are already in Canada in schools One in primary and 1 in secondary... In Québec. My concern here is just to get an idea on the amount to show for my SOWP as I plan to join them as soon ASAP. with our savings combined we can still have around 17K CAD to show on our two banks accounts combined