+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document (Urgent)

Fadi208

Oct 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has applied recently for refugee travel document.
I mailed my application and sent the webform for urgent service and I provided proof of urgent travel.

I submitted my application on March 10th, I called today and the agent told me that my application is not in the system yet, although I mentioned in the webform that I'm traveling on April 15th.

Does anyone has experience recently on how long it takes to get the RTD ?

Your answers are appreciated. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is not a passport, it’s a refugee travel document which different from passport, and it‘s issued only in Gatineau. Thanks for your information tho!
Right but the processing times are on the passport site for refugee travel documents. At least 20 business days.

Christalin

Feb 14, 2019
Exact mais les délais de traitement sont sur le site des passeports pour les documents de voyage des réfugiés. Au moins 20 jours ouvrables.

how much did you paid for your application please? regular fees or regular + urgent fees?

Fadi208

Oct 10, 2019
Exact mais les délais de traitement sont sur le site des passeports pour les documents de voyage des réfugiés. Au moins 20 jours ouvrables.

how much did you paid for your application please? regular fees or regular + urgent fees?
I paid regular fees. I don't know if we should pay urgent fees because there is no in person appointments. And only applicants who need an urgent service can apply now, as it's mentioned on the website.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Hello, I Applied recently and received mine within 2 weeks. Urgent need for travel, and paid regular fee.
Hi there, did you submit the web form first, waited until they contact you back and then applied? Can you explain how you managed to apply RTD urgently? Would mean alot.

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hi there, did you submit the web form first, waited until they contact you back and then applied? Can you explain how you managed to apply RTD urgently? Would mean alot.
Send a webform to explain your situation and attach a supporting documents if you have.
You will receive an email from them within 5 days that ask you to send the documents online, and they will tell you all the instructions.

cpasbirn

Dec 1, 2020
Send a webform to explain your situation and attach a supporting documents if you have.
You will receive an email from them within 5 days that ask you to send the documents online, and they will tell you all the instructions.
Hello, i received their instructions through epost and i sent the docs and travel document by mail, do we submit the application by mail or send them online with epost?

Reactions: gayrefugee