+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

May 27, 2018
not idea about that...

but why someone want to stay out of the country 6 months??
so not work , not ties in this country no plans to stay in this country so you need a tourist visa .

szaib002

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Anyone know where it says you can't be outside the country for more than 6months as a protected person?
It doesn't say anywhere. I think you can stay outside the country for as long as you want. You just need to make sure during the period your RTD doesn't expire and your permit to stay in the country you are staying is valid.

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
It doesn't say anywhere. I think you can stay outside the country for as long as you want. You just need to make sure during the period your RTD doesn't expire and your permit to stay in the country you are staying is valid.
Okay thank you for the clarification. Appreciate it.

ogunsola

Nov 1, 2018
Hello house, what a good information I have gathered here today, how I wish I can also have the privilege or have someone that can put me through on how to migrate to Canada, information worth more than money to me, I need a real information on how to migrate, am aware of Express Entering, Provincial Nominee Program,buti don't have anybody to help out. I will be very pleased if I can have someone to come to my aids. My whatsapp is +234807194300 TIMILEHIN.

EugeniaM

May 17, 2018
Hello Guys

I book my vacation for cayo coco cuba on November with airtransat , i hold Canada Refugee Travel Document (RTD) and not yet have my PR Card.
any one try to visit cuba with RTD without PR card and only Notice of Decision paper from court ?

Regards
Hello Guys

I book my vacation for cayo coco cuba on November with airtransat , i hold Canada Refugee Travel Document (RTD) and not yet have my PR Card.
any one try to visit cuba with RTD without PR card and only Notice of Decision paper from court ?

Regards
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/if-i-transfer-my-refugee-claim-file-from-toronto-to-alberta.508729/page-2#post-7357426
That's what I wrote in the other post.
I've been to Varadero, I'm same. I have RTD but no PR yet...everything went well!

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
What piece of supporting documents did you guys use to apply for the RTD? Is it okay if both are about to expire this month? I'm sending in with my notice of decision. Do you think they will understand I am in the middle of updating my documents? Thanks in advance

ogunsola

Nov 1, 2018
Hello, I believe people are still in the house, how to migrate to Canada is my problem here, can someone simply explain easiest way to migrate. From Nigeria.
Thanks

diiamond

Nov 16, 2018
Can you travel with your RTD while waiting on your PR card. Because I got approved for PR- my appointment is in 2 weeks and I will be traveling- the following week.. I wondering if it possible to travel with your RTD while waiting on your Physical PR card to come in the mail?? Heeeelllllppppppp

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Can you travel with your RTD while waiting on your PR card. Because I got approved for PR- my appointment is in 2 weeks and I will be traveling- the following week.. I wondering if it possible to travel with your RTD while waiting on your Physical PR card to come in the mail?? Heeeelllllppppppp
Yes it's not a problem as long as you're traveling with a valid Canadian RTD (as it allows entry back into Canada), but I would suggest that you take both your Notice of Decision and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence with you just as a precaution.
Can you please share your timeline with us?
Safe travels!