+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
did you send the webform before you sent the application by mail or after? I did not fully understand this "..if you need it urgently fill web form before sending application. And they will call you to send it.."
That’s is what the instructions on the website said so I just followed the instructions.

Reactions: ref19to22

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Are you asking for the number that contacted me ? Or the one I called ?
They always say that responsible office will contact with you. I mean what is the responsible office’s phone number ?

How can I know they marked my application as urgent? They just say “ We verified the information you provided and can confirm that, following a previous enquiry, an agent took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request on January 15, 2024”

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
They always say that responsible office will contact with you. I mean what is the responsible office’s phone number ?

How can I know they marked my application as urgent? They just say “ We verified the information you provided and can confirm that, following a previous enquiry, an agent took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request on January 15, 2024”
Did you call them ?

Canadaqe

Jan 16, 2024
I think you need visa as Moldova is in Schengen. But it always a good idea to contact the embassy to get the right answer.
I called the embassy today and they said I do not need a visa for Moldova. Should I ask for an e-mail just to be safe?

Nenko

Feb 5, 2024
I understand what you are trying to say… but everyone’s case is different. For me I mailed mine through Canada post on Jan 27th they called on Jan 30th told me they received it. I called Feb 5th and they told me it in process and marked as urgent. I called them today and they told it was shipped Feb 12th I tracked it and it will be delivered today. I will say follow the instructions on the website and everything should work fine. Cause I wanted it urgently on the website it says that if you need it urgently fill web form before sending application. And they will call you to send it.
hi

can you confirm in which adress you send them with Canada postt please

I have send them by mailing with canadian post 2 months ago it is delivered and still it is not in system

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
hi

can you confirm in which adress you send them with Canada postt please

I have send them by mailing with canadian post 2 months ago it is delivered and still it is not in system
OSC PPT- COI
PO BOX 8783 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON K1G 5G8

I sent it by registered mail so I could track it

Odonga

Oct 28, 2020
I applied for a travel document in August 2023. They informed me that it was sent to me in October, but I never received it. Subsequently, it was returned to the office on the 17th of October. Since then, I have made multiple calls to immigration to request its resend, and they claim to have initiated the request. However, it remains unresolved, and they have not sent it back. Would it be advisable to submit a fresh application? What do you suggest?

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hello there

they say that “We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application for a Certificate of Identity (COI) or Refugee Travel Document (RTD) is still in process.

At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.”

Did any of you receive this message? How long does it take to be delivered after this message?