+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
a police officer? what should i tell them just walk in and ask to be my reference? :/ im new to this and dont understand sorry

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
a police officer? what should i tell them just walk in and ask to be my reference? :/ im new to this and dont understand sorry
Hi
If you have the actual form (PPTC 190), check on section 2 for guarantee. That is the part that you need to give to a police man to sign. You need to go to the nearest police station. Bring with you ur I.D and all the copies.. he/she will put zero on the place of the question : for how long he/she knows you. Do not panick. That same police man will sign the back of you photo as well.

Please read weel the checklist and the form instruction.
Note that, he can happend that IRCC send back your demande, but anyway the will put a form inside and note of what went wrong.

I dont want to be rude, note that immigration process takes long time. But even longer when you dont read instruction well. Dont wast time or money. Take 1 or 2 hours... sit down and read the form from A to B.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:63a2b3e7-c6cf-4681-9fee-1f81314637a6

Reactions: Mancini

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Hi
If you have the actual form (PPTC 190), check on section 2 for guarantee. That is the part that you need to give to a police man to sign. You need to go to the nearest police station. Bring with you ur I.D and all the copies.. he/she will put zero on the place of the question : for how long he/she knows you. Do not panick. That same police man will sign the back of you photo as well.

Please read weel the checklist and the form instruction.
Note that, he can happend that IRCC send back your demande, but anyway the will put a form inside and note of what went wrong.

I dont want to be rude, note that immigration process takes long time. But even longer when you dont read instruction well. Dont wast time or money. Take 1 or 2 hours... sit down and read the form from A to B.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:63a2b3e7-c6cf-4681-9fee-1f81314637a6
Thank you so much. so i basically go to the police station and have them sign the gurantor section and thats it? Thanks once again :)

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Thank you so much. so i basically go to the police station and have them sign the gurantor section and thats it? Thanks once again :)
Yes that it, you can use the help of notary. But in Montréal it can cost you 30 to 100$ just for 2 signatures.

But for the police, mostly it free.

I

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
I applied for my RTD on October 10,2023. I received my package on November 1 2023. Non urgent . God is good .
Waoooo congratulations, I sent mine October 5th, 2023 and I’m still waiting… I have called many time they said it was approved and in queue for printing so let’s see

brave99

Nov 2, 2023
hello please looking for reply i get refuse in programme francophone mobility
  • You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello please looking for reply i get refuse in programme francophone mobility
  • You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.
Wrong thread. This discussion has nothing to do with the francophone mobility program.

DanishGk

Jul 21, 2023
Hi, I applied for a Singapore Visa through the Consulate General Toronto. You must send an email to torsgmfa@gmail.com with all your documents like the RTD Biodata Page, Return ticket, or a ticket showing leaving Singapore, for example: leaving for Thailand from Singapore. I booked a multi-city trip. From Montreal to Singapore and Bangkok to Montreal on the same itinerary. From Singapore to Bangkok, I booked separately with Scoot Airline. Remember, that's a disgusting airline. They said they had never seen that type of travel document and didn't recognize my RTD. I had to wait for 2.5 hours for them to enquire with the Thailand embassy if I could be allowed in Thailand with that travel document. I was the last person to board the flight and was almost missing. You have to make sure you go to any check-in counter in Asia at least 3 hours before the flight so that in case they don't recognize your travel document, they have enough time to enquire with the embassy of the country you are flying to. Also, include your Driver's License and Health Card from your province for the visa application. They do need to see at least two IDs other than the RTD if you don't have a PR. I'll still recommend not applying for a Singapore visa without a PR because they troubled me to enter the country without a PR. Thailand is the only country that didn't care about my RTD and got me entry in just 2 minutes. For a Thailand visa, go to https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

I came back on October 12th and everything was smooth on the way back. Though at Dubai Airport, they double-check your status at the boarding gate. For me, it took around 15 minutes for them to update my status on their system. I was scared but all went through smoothly after I boarded the flight. In Canada, you do have to go for the secondary inspection but that was just a formality. It was around a maximum of 5 to 7 minutes for me to get through the immigration with the waiting time in the queue. Please read my latest post for the entire experience on the way back for a smoother travel experience.

Hope that helps...
How long it took to get the Thailand visa?

As I called the Thailand embassy, they said 25 days. Will it take that long?