+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document backlog

AA22

May 16, 2022
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone applied for refugee travel document this year? I have applied in 2022 Feb with the valid urgent reason. Since then there is no update. its impossible to reach out to any agent on the phone, and webform keeps saying its still in the process. I am also supposed to apply to citizenship this month, but due to the lack of my expired travel document i sent to be renewed, i can not proceed with my citizenship application.

Anyone experiencing the same RTD problem?

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone applied for refugee travel document this year? I have applied in 2022 Feb with the valid urgent reason. Since then there is no update. its impossible to reach out to any agent on the phone, and webform keeps saying its still in the process. I am also supposed to apply to citizenship this month, but due to the lack of my expired travel document i sent to be renewed, i can not proceed with my citizenship application.

I applied on September 2021 and still no response

AA22

May 16, 2022
I also applied for my family and myself in September 2021. My RTD was sent last month, my wife’s own was sent this month and I’m still waiting for my son’s RTD.
Did they ask you to provide them with any urgent travel reason?

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I didn’t call them. I only sent a web form to inquire about the status of the application. The responded the following day my RTD was mailed out with the tracking number.

John82

May 17, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I want to apply for Refuge Travel Document (RTD) but I don't know which office to mail my application to. There are two addresses in the RTD application form (Ottawa, ON and Gatineau, QC), which mailing address did you guys use for the RTD?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I want to apply for Refuge Travel Document (RTD) but I don't know which office to mail my application to. There are two addresses in the RTD application form (Ottawa, ON and Gatineau, QC), which mailing address did you guys use for the RTD?
I used the Gatineau, QC address

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I applied for RTD in February 2022 and no response, then a family member got sick so 2 days ago I requested through IRCC webform for urgent processing and yesterday they responded saying they have forwarded my request to the office for urgent processing, but no guarantee of acceptance.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
hey guys, regarding the RTD they require you send a valid passport but as refugees our passports have been seized. would that be a problem for the application to send them without any passport?

Alshuwaiter

Mar 15, 2022
Refugees who are facing extra delay on their court appointments and decisions, PR applications, travel documents Pleas join our camping for our rights #Refugees_not_hostages
contact me either by email malshuwaiter@gmail.com or text me: 613-413-8441

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hi everyone,

Why did you send them your expired RTD? You're supposed to send it only if it's still valid. It says on pptc190 requirement checklist:
  • Any non-expired Canadian refugee travel document or Canadian certificate of identity issued to you in the last 5 years