+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee in Thailand - Private Sponsorship - Rejected by visa officer

zeebkk

Apr 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

We are asylum seeker family staying in Bangkok, Thailand. We have private sponsorship from Canada.
But got rejected by visa officer in Thailand and now our sponsors decided to going for judicial review in Canada.
What are chances to win the case?
Visa officer rejected many families as well. But other visa officer accepted all families gone for interview. All families are from same countries.

Any suggestions and help appreciated.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it's really impossible for any of us to say what the chances are that the judicial review will turn out positively for you. Is your sponsor working with a lawyer?

zeebkk

Apr 5, 2017
Unfortunately it's really impossible for any of us to say what the chances are that the judicial review will turn out positively for you. Is your sponsor working with a lawyer?
Yes, they hired a lawyer. Other three families also hires the lawyer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
S

Stupid reasons. You can return back to your country. You can move to other cities.
You are going to need to actually provide detailed information. Where are you from, what were your grounds for applying, what is the full explanation given by IRCC for the refusal etc.

zeebkk

Apr 5, 2017
I'm from Pakistan. Filed asylum in Thailand. Thailand isn't signatory member so they don't give citizenship. Either we have to get refugee status from Unhcr for relocation to third country or we try to get private sponsorship from Canada. I will send more details after.

zeebkk

Apr 5, 2017
Summery:
After carefully assessing all factors relative to your application, I am not satisfied that there is a serious possibility or reasonable chance that you have a well-founded fear of persecution or that you have been seriously and personally effected by civil war, armed conflict, or a massive violation of human rights. I am therefor not satisfied that there is a serious possibility or reasonable chance that you are member or any of classes prescribed. Therefor, you do not meet the requirements of this paragraph.

Harry Roy

Jul 19, 2017
Hello, very sad to hear that, I can understand that you are in very bad situation now, embassy officer has refused your case but you have a chance for appeal. I am also seeking asylum in Bangkok and same situation happened to me as well. I had my Canadian embassy interview where officer refused my case as well and gave similar allegations that your country is save you can return to your country.
I would like others to join this group and can share their views..

Reactions: zeebkk

zeebkk

Apr 5, 2017
Hello, very sad to hear that, I can understand that you are in very bad situation now, embassy officer has refused your case but you have a chance for appeal. I am also seeking asylum in Bangkok and same situation happened to me as well. I had my Canadian embassy interview where officer refused my case as well and gave similar allegations that your country is save you can return to your country.
I would like others to join this group and can share their views..
Thanks Harry, We are in same boat. Seeking senior advise.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
officer has refused your case but you have a chance for appeal.
There is unfortunately no appeal available for group sponsorship. The only option is a judicial review which will only assess narrow legal grounds and not the merits. If the VO reached a conclusion that was reasonable, based on evidence supplied at the time, the decision will not be overturned. If the VO failed to follow procedure or ignored or misunderstood evidence, it may be overturned. New evidence or proof will not be allowed to be presented.

Reactions: zeebkk