+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee hearing

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
I have my friend who had his hearing 6 months ago , at his hearing he was asked does he has any political activities and said yes and was asked to prove that, so he used my Facebook account and told the judge that the pic and name in this account are fake ,but the judge recognized my pic and he admitted that this is not his account the judge got mad and stopped the hearing and wrote to the minister counsel and said there is a misrepresentation ......is that serious and bad to his claim?
they still did not asked him to appear for another hearing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kornet said:
I have my friend who had his hearing 6 months ago , at his hearing he was asked does he has any political activities and said yes and was asked to prove that, so he used my Facebook account and told the judge that the pic and name in this account are fake ,but the judge recognized my pic and he admitted that this is not his account the judge got mad and stopped the hearing and wrote to the minister counsel and said there is a misrepresentation ......is that serious and bad to his claim?
they still did not asked him to appear for another hearing.
I would think the answer is quite obvious. It's very serious and very bad.

Your friend should be expecting a refusal.

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
scylla said:
I would think the answer is quite obvious. It's very serious and very bad.

Your friend should be expecting a refusal.
what is gonna happen? and how?

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
As scylla said, he should expect a refusal. He will then be removed from Canada and barred.
so he cant even appeal it?
the judge told him she is ganna write the ministers counsel and wait for his reply...what is that mean?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kornet said:
so he cant even appeal it?
the judge told him she is ganna write the ministers counsel and wait for his reply...what is that mean?
It means it's time to hire an extremely good and expensive immigration lawyer to represent you.

lieb26

Aug 22, 2015
I don't understand why he had to lie. Was he really involved in political activities? Was he even a genuine asylum seeker? Even with a lawyer I don't see how he is going to get out of this one.

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
lieb26 said:
I don't understand why he had to lie. Was he really involved in political activities? Was he even a genuine asylum seeker? Even with a lawyer I don't see how he is going to get out of this one.
do u think they will contact me and ask me about him?

CanadianForces

May 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kornet said:
do u think they will contact me and ask me about him?
Very unlikely ... this isn't a criminal case investigation
They will just use the evidences that were presented at the hearing.
And you weren't at the hearing as a witness.

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
CanadianForces said:
Very unlikely ... this isn't a criminal case investigation
They will just use the evidences that were presented at the hearing.
And you weren't at the hearing as a witness.
for some reason his lawyer told him everything is fine!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kornet said:
for some reason his lawyer told him everything is fine!!!
Maybe time to get a new lawyer...

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
1. If the IRB member has requested the involvement of Ministers Representative then they will interfere in the case ( it will take some time until they study the case and first of all they will check his criminal background).
2. Probably his case is postponed for quite a while.
3. In relation to you, there is no any fear that they will contact you and so on. Your case is different and is probably completed and board member has decided on the basis of your narrative and documents you have provided.
4. In relation to his hearing: Board member can not decide the case on the basis of one fact but fact that he showed someones' facebook pictures which do not belong to him might raise some question to him, and he has to explain why he showed this facebook. it could be that he was in that picture as well or that facebook has a picture that shows him with different political figures which means that if he is persecuted on the basis of his political opinion and individuals who are in the picture are also persecuted on the basis of their political opinion. one example: my friend was persecuted on the basis of his political opinion and new government was forcing him to give false affidavit against his fellow political friend and Board member asked him if he had some pictures with his friends and he actually used someones's facebook where the picture was placed and the picture actually showed them both standing and some other politicians. So not everything is lost.

Reactions: Praise995

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
ghonghadze said:
1. If the IRB member has requested the involvement of Ministers Representative then they will interfere in the case ( it will take some time until they study the case and first of all they will check his criminal background).
2. Probably his case is postponed for quite a while.
3. In relation to you, there is no any fear that they will contact you and so on. Your case is different and is probably completed and board member has decided on the basis of your narrative and documents you have provided.
4. In relation to his hearing: Board member can not decide the case on the basis of one fact but fact that he showed someones' facebook pictures which do not belong to him might raise some question to him, and he has to explain why he showed this facebook. it could be that he was in that picture as well or that facebook has a picture that shows him with different political figures which means that if he is persecuted on the basis of his political opinion and individuals who are in the picture are also persecuted on the basis of their political opinion. one example: my friend was persecuted on the basis of his political opinion and new government was forcing him to give false affidavit against his fellow political friend and Board member asked him if he had some pictures with his friends and he actually used someones's facebook where the picture was placed and the picture actually showed them both standing and some other politicians. So not everything is lost.
the judge knows me, and he said that this is his political account and he used a fake name and pic,but when the judge saw the picture she told him I know this person ,so he said that he uses the account with me as a shared account.