+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimants Wait Time (Legacy Claims)

Toronto83

May 15, 2015
I applied at cic office on jully 2011.after six months i had my hearing date.i received negative decision on may 2012.
then appeal to the federal court.federal court is granted on january 2013.
im still waiting for hearing date.its been almost 28 months.
i dont even wanna calculate whole processing time from my first application. :( :(

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
...I know a close family that have been waiting also for 30Months.The waiting time especially for Legacy Refugee in Canada is the worst in the world its like Canada indirectly saying we don't want you here! During those period,even a condemned prisoner almost possess some right that the Refugee claimant since you cannot leave Canada even to visit a nearby country and cannot be visited by family members from abroad since visa request are obviously DENIED judging from those currently passing through the experience. All one can say is don't loose hope maybe or perhaps one day God will touch the heart of the Minister to give a little consideration to Refugge case by deploying a little more resources to conclude cases.I know a couple of people who are at a stage of even if denied their claim atleast,they can return somewhere where they can leave a normal life

Tigistu

May 9, 2015
I spoke to the MP office near my area and I was told that they were unable to get any status update from IRB :eek:

Holy trap:(

p.wolf

Dec 13, 2015
Hello,

I am a refugee claimant, It is a Legacy Claim fom 2012. I am waiting for my hearing and I do not have hearing date.
I am hoping I will be accepted but I would like to know what do I can do if I will be rejected. Because I have to think ahead. I know if any one rejected do not have much time to do something.
So, If I make an appeal or/and after I request a Federal Court Review how is the timelines, please?
How is the process time of appeal?
How is the process time of request a Federal Court Review?

ovosaoleite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Poor Man said:
I think if irb cannot give u date early its mean...good for u...keep taking...welfare. ..as long as ur date dont come....plus...after 2 year...ur case falls in hnc automatically...so its win win situation...who r in line...waiting for hearing. ...
Can anybody tell me where it says that 'you're automatically accepted on Humanitarian Grounds after two years of waiting for a hearing? I couldn't find it anywhere online, is it true? If so, I guess a huge number of people who have been waiting for more than two years can benefit from that! I've 'only' been waiting for almost seven months now, but at least that would also be a 'good side' of things out of all this waiting in the dark. Can anybody answer that?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
ovosaoleite said:
Can anybody tell me where it says that 'you're automatically accepted on Humanitarian Grounds after two years of waiting for a hearing? I couldn't find it anywhere online, is it true? If so, I guess a huge number of people who have been waiting for more than two years can benefit from that! I've 'only' been waiting for almost seven months now, but at least that would also be a 'good side' of things out of all this waiting in the dark. Can anybody answer that?
There is no such thing as "automatically accepted on Humanitarian Grounds" no matter you are living in canada for 30 years.

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
..P.Wolf Canada is the only developed country in the world that most of the time don't respect timelines.If you've been reading people post you will see that Timelines with CIC/IRB can be so unpredictable.ie some Protected Persons got their PR after their hearing in less than 4 weeks,some 7 months,some 1 year and many have waited for more than 3 years.so just keep on following up by calling relevant agencies for status of your case and.......keep praying while hoping for quick Turnaround Goodluck!

Toronto21

Mar 9, 2016
Hi I am a legacy refugee claimant in Toronto waiting for hearing since Oct 2012.Please advise me if you have any further information about these claims...based on the info I got this forum tried to call IRB every week,contact MP office....but no luck...this is really the hardest time in someone's life.I'd really appreciate for your advice .

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hi I am a legacy refugee claimant in Toronto waiting for hearing since Oct 2012.Please advise me if you have any further information about these claims...based on the info I got this forum tried to call IRB every week,contact MP office....but no luck...this is really the hardest time in someone's life.I'd really appreciate for your advice .
Have you had your hearing?