+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant[ Help? :/ ]

fledzion

Mar 27, 2013
So, I've been a refugee claimant for over a year. I'm from Isr a e-l.
I'm only 19 years old and I've got a Canadian baby girl(newborn) and a wife. The reason I left that country is because I was mistreated, discriminated against, and I was constantly detained and stopped by the police, and police officers threatened to rape me after they beat me up and called me "an arab shit" they said they would rape every girl in my family etc etc. they kicked me, they punched me, they did not give me a phone call obviously. I was detained for 4 hours for absolutely no reason. in a different case I was stopped when I was driving my motorcycle, I was pulled over viscously, they pointed their M16's at me and threatened to shoot if I was trying to be smart or funny, they made me face the ground for 20 minutes, humiliated me in front of a restaurant. every single person went outside and watched me. those kind of things are a daily thing, and I just couldn't live like that anymore.

My lawyer says that it's very strong discrimination but will probably not grant me asylum here in Canada.
I've got my daughter, I love her more than anything in the world, but if it comes to it... I think i'll be selfish and just kill myself.

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
All I can say is that nobody loves to escape from his/her own country! Living far from ones motherland is no fun. I hope you will have successful hearing.
BTW: is your hearing date scheduled?

fledzion

Mar 27, 2013
Thank you.
No, I do not have a hearing date, my lawyer said that they're rushing the new claimants under the new changes (Hearings in 65 days or so)
So the ones that applied prior to Aug-Oct 2012 are still on the old system, and we don't know anything. Waiting and waiting.. I applied in January 2012, It's almost April. (Almost 15 months!)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your wife is Canadian (PR or citizen) she should sponsor you through family class using the inland (within Canada) process. Hopefully your lawyer has already recommended this. If not, get a new lawyer.

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Yeah this is not fair. I have applied on August 2012 and still waiting for my hearing :(

fledzion said:
Thank you.
No, I do not have a hearing date, my lawyer said that they're rushing the new claimants under the new changes (Hearings in 65 days or so)
So the ones that applied prior to Aug-Oct 2012 are still on the old system, and we don't know anything. Waiting and waiting.. I applied in January 2012, It's almost April. (Almost 15 months!)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fledzion said:
My wife is not Canadian.
My daughter is Canadian.
I am not Canadian.
Then unfortunately you can't be sponsored through family class. You'll have to hope your refugee claim is accepted.

fledzion

Mar 27, 2013
What happens if I do return to my country and I get mistreated badly, thrown in jail and tortured? do I just get fucked? because I am sure, when I will return to Isra hell, I will be detained upon my landing, and possibly tortured days later.

Lion5

Mar 28, 2013
Hello everyone,how can I get back my passport after withdraw my refugee case? Cause I need get a Visa to my new born baby from home country.Thanks. ::)

fledzion

Mar 27, 2013
fledzion said:
What happens if I do return to my country and I get mistreated badly, thrown in jail and tortured? do I just get *censored word*ed? because I am sure, when I will return to Isra hell, I will be detained upon my landing, and possibly tortured days later.
bump?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fledzion said:
What happens if I do return to my country and I get mistreated badly, thrown in jail and tortured? do I just get *censored word*ed? because I am sure, when I will return to Isra hell, I will be detained upon my landing, and possibly tortured days later.
I'm not sure any of us understand what you are asking here.

If your refugee application is refused and all of your appeals are refused as well - then you will be sent home.

fledzion

Mar 27, 2013
scylla said:
I'm not sure any of us understand what you are asking here.

If your refugee application is refused and all of your appeals are refused as well - then you will be sent home.
I understand but I read this for example:
I can't post links then please Google this.
"Rejected refugee claimant tortured in Libya wins right to return to Canada with family: lawyer"
Jan 2013

What if I get tortured, detained illegaly and beaten up brutally? how do I win the right to return if for example I get what happened to me on camera, etc