+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimant CBSA Inadmissibility Hearing by DUI Charge

gordonex

Nov 12, 2023
Hello,
This is my first post. I am a refugee claimant living in Toronto, Ontario.

My refugee hearing was delayed because of an incident that occurred on May 6, 2023. Ultimately resulting in my DUI charge on March 19, 2024. During the court process I received a letter stating that my application for my refugee status was placed on hold.

The charge is 320.14(1)(b) Impaired driving/operation over 80 bac, a hybrid offence, but The Crown elected summarily.

And I received the CBSA inadmissibility hearing letter and e-mail three days before.

What should I expect during the hearing ?

What normally happens during a hearing?

Has anyone had the same experience as me, and if so, are you willing to share your experience?

Is there anything I can do to prepare for my CBSA hearing? Are there any actions I can do before this hearing?

Thanks for all answers,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
This is my first post. I am a refugee claimant living in Toronto, Ontario.

My refugee hearing was delayed because of an incident that occurred on May 6, 2023. Ultimately resulting in my DUI charge on March 19, 2024. During the court process I received a letter stating that my application for my refugee status was placed on hold.

The charge is 320.14(1)(b) Impaired driving/operation over 80 bac, a hybrid offence, but The Crown elected summarily.

And I received the CBSA inadmissibility hearing letter and e-mail three days before.

What should I expect during the hearing ?

What normally happens during a hearing?

Has anyone had the same experience as me, and if so, are you willing to share your experience?

Is there anything I can do to prepare for my CBSA hearing? Are there any actions I can do before this hearing?

Thanks for all answers,
Get a lawyer asap.

gordonex

Nov 12, 2023
Get a lawyer asap.
Hi Scylla,

I got My deportation letter on CBSA appointment and I talked to my lawyer after, who was doing my refugee case.

His opinion; Judicial review will not work. And costly. We should wait for PRRA.

Is it proper way to do? Or do I need to consult any other lawyer?

Thank you so much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,

I got My deportation letter on CBSA appointment and I talked to my lawyer after, who was doing my refugee case.

His opinion; Judicial review will not work. And costly. We should wait for PRRA.

Thank you so much.
I don't know. This is beyond my level of knowledge.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Scylla,

Thank you so much.
where are you from because PPRA approval rates are very low except a few counties? You can also end up in limbo with approved PPRA and inadmissibility. You need an immigration lawyer who will work with your criminal lawyer.