+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee claim and federal appeal rejected.what next.

indianguy2013

Nov 19, 2013
Hi forum.
Recently my federal appeal for refugee claim got rejected.
Now I recvd a letter from cbsa for a interview with all govt. Docs issued by govt. Of canada.
Along with docs confirming all appeals.
And it says that I am a subject of a removal order that is in force.
What are they gonna ask me.
Will I have any other option of appeal .if not then how much time will I get to depart canada.my passport is not with me.
Its with the refugee board..
What next ? Suggestion welcome.
Also I will share my lawyers feedback on this as well.later.
Thanx

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
They are probably going to ask you if you prefer a window or aisle seat.

I have heard that they may give you up to 30 days. This probably depends on whether you are a flight risk.

Are you sure that CBSA are not holding your passport? It's normally given back to you once you leave, but depending on circumstances, possibly when you arrive at your destination by the airline crew.

indianguy2013

Nov 19, 2013
Hi...I checked with my lawyer.he told me that cbsa will coordinate with the refugee board to get my passport.
But I need around 3 to 4 months more in order to leave as I need to settle things out here before i leave..I need to give notice to my employer.notice to my landlord.sell some expensive items that I have been purchasing for the last 6 years.also I have a question. Who will pay for my return ticket?
Will cbsa arrange it or I have to make arrangements.
Any suggestions or feedback on this appreciated.
Thanx.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
indianguy2013 said:
But I need around 3 to 4 months more in order to leave as I need to settle things out here before i leave..I need to give notice to my employer.notice to my landlord.sell some expensive items that I have been purchasing for the last 6 years.also I have a question. Who will pay for my return ticket?
Will cbsa arrange it or I have to make arrangements.
CIC won't care how long you need to settle things. They will give you a time to leave and you will have to leave by that date. If you are unwilling / unable to pay for your ticket, then Canada will pay for it. Being unable / unwilling to pay for your own ticket certainly won't stop you from being removed. If you let Canada pay for your ticket, it will make it even more complicated for you to return to Canada in the future.

khalidhaider

Sep 9, 2010
Brother,
I would like to suggest that do not leave Canada. Consult with lawyer appeal again.
God will help you. Do lose heart.
THANKS

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

khalidhaider said:
Brother,
I would like to suggest that do not leave Canada. Consult with lawyer appeal again.
God will help you. Do lose heart.
THANKS
Really dumb advice, ignore CBSA, would mean arrest, detention, removal.