-Eligibility interview: 8th dec 2022
-IRB referral: 13th dec 2022
-Work permit issued on: 15th jan 2023
-forwarded my evidence to IRB 1st March 2023
-hearing 17th July 2023
-Nod on 14th of August conventional refugee
Done in Vancouver
I did the process without a lawyer, I give all the glory to God for everything

I wasted about 4months putting together my evidence, I met someone in this forum who really helped me a lot and gave me so many insights into the process thank you so much @Simba112 , I will forever be indebted.
To everyone else be encouraged you can do it. Especially the ones who have gone without counsel its possible, have enough evidence.
Were you asked to forward your evidence? My mom received an IRB referral but I thought we were supposed to just wait for the hearing and provide evidence there or wait to be asked?

Nov 22, 2023
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi CanadianDream,

I'm doing well, my dear, and I'm sure you are as well.
I'm sorry I forgot to tag you. I had updated about my eligibility interview on January 2 when I answered Optimistic Soul's question and I thought you would read it.
I got my work permit on the spot. The officer did not ask me any questions related to my case.

It's good that you're excited, but don't be too anxious :p
I believe as long as you are admissible and there's no notification about a Minister Delegate review, you'll be fine. They won't ask anything related to your case and I believe you will get your work permit on the spot.

I wish you good luck my dear & please give us an update.
Hello dear brother, hope you are well. Sorry for the late reply. I have been very sick and hence couldnt read or reply to your message.
By the grace of the almighty everything went well and we received our work permit. Will start job hunting now.

Reactions: DaveAngel

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hello dear brother, hope you are well. Sorry for the late reply. I have been very sick and hence couldnt read or reply to your message.
By the grace of the almighty everything went well and we received our work permit. Will start job hunting now.
No worries about the late reply, my dear brother.
I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, and I hope you will get well soon.
I'm so glad to hear everything went well with the interview, and you got the work permit on the spot.
I wish you all the best for your job search and all the processes ahead.

God blees you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Can anyone tell me how much time is consuming for asylum decision.
I have submitted my asylum case in May 2023.
Its 8th month going on. Can anyone plz tell me how much more time is required for approval.
I am really worried. I need it approved as early as possible. My lawyer gave me 7 to 8 months and its 8th month now.
My husband and 4 little kids are in my home country. I can't understand, what should I do now
Hearings can take up to 2+ years at times. If approved then getting PR can take around 2 years and your family will only receive PR once you have received PR. Your family can attempt to get TRVs but it will be very difficult to get approved given your asylum claim.

annushaveta

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Submitted - Nov 23
Medical passed - Nov 25 (She wasn’t requested to do a medical exam and it was automatically updated as she had done a medical exam for a visitor visa under a year ago)
Biometrics - Nov 25 (doesn't show passed but shows that it was given a year ago)
Acknowledgment of claim - Nov 27
Interview, fingerprints and work permit- Jan 11
Hi Can u please advise what will happen after work permit. Pls guide me step by step as my friend is in the same boat.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Can u please advise what will happen after work permit. Pls guide me step by step as my friend is in the same boat.
Your friend should expect a long waiting period after receiving their work permit. There case will be classified as less complex or normal processing. It could be an up to 2+ year wait until they have their hearing. If they are considered less complex case they may be able to get a hearing in under a year.

It appears as though this may be a sibling that applied for asylum while their sibling is a Canadian citizen and the parents are in Canada visiting on a supervisa. I hope the brother has a strong case for asylum because claiming asylum could impact the ability for the extended family including the parents to be able to visit Canada in the future. If he has not applied for asylum yet I would strongly encourage him to explore all other options for gaining status in Canada unless he comes from a country where approval rates for asylum are extremely high. I hope he has not applied for asylum thinking that this would be a good way to join his sibling in Canada while his parents are also visiting Canada. What is the brother’s citizenship?

Last edited:

boston87

Jan 19, 2024
I decided to withdraw my refugee claims,does anyone knows how long it takes for me to get notified to leave,and how will i get my passport back..i already got a return ticket....Do i need to call any number...I dont wish to continue with the claims anymore...

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
I decided to withdraw my refugee claims,does anyone knows how long it takes for me to get notified to leave,and how will i get my passport back..i already got a return ticket....Do i need to call any number...I dont wish to continue with the claims anymore...
sorry to hear that!! i believe you can contact CBSA for passport? Make sure you have it before you make any plans

boston87

Jan 19, 2024
I have mail our withdraw letter do i need to fill this form,and i have other members of the family as well...do we fill the form one after the other...

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have mail our withdraw letter do i need to fill this form,and i have other members of the family as well...do we fill the form one after the other...and also done the wed form aswell,,,what is next
You both neer to fill this form and send it