+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
BOC submitted: 7th November 2023
Medicals pass : 23rd November 2023
AOC : But there is no interview date mention

How long I’m gonna wait for my WP? Can any one get your WP who apply claim on November.

Did you submit by portal ? Did you gave biometrics already ?

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Already update on my portal. I submit my biometric then I applied for visa.

Biometrics for a visa application and biometrics for a refugee claim are two different things, my friend.
Just be patient; maybe you'll get called in this month or next month for the interview.
But that's not an interview; it's for biometrics and passport seizure.
And then, you'll have to wait again for the eligibility interview.

How long you have to wait? Nobody knows, my friend.
Every application is different. Just relax and take it easy.
There's nothing you can do other than that.

Have a good day.

Nov 22, 2023
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you. My best wishes for you and your family too.
Hi DaveAngel,
Hope you are well. Did you get your work permit my dear. I got a call today and the interview is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Will they ask for my narrative copy or any other questions pls. I’m very excited and anxious.
Have a nice day dear

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Hi DaveAngel,
Hope you are well. Did you get your work permit my dear. I got a call today and the interview is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Will they ask for my narrative copy or any other questions pls. I’m very excited and anxious.
Have a nice day dear
Did they called you or emailed you ? What is your city ?

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hi DaveAngel,
Have a nice day dear
Hi CanadianDream,

I'm doing well, my dear, and I'm sure you are as well.
I'm sorry I forgot to tag you. I had updated about my eligibility interview on January 2 when I answered Optimistic Soul's question and I thought you would read it.
I got my work permit on the spot. The officer did not ask me any questions related to my case.

It's good that you're excited, but don't be too anxious :p
I believe as long as you are admissible and there's no notification about a Minister Delegate review, you'll be fine. They won't ask anything related to your case and I believe you will get your work permit on the spot.

I wish you good luck my dear & please give us an update.

Herealone

Nov 22, 2023
Application received - sep 28
Medical passed - Oct 11
Biometrics (already on file)
Notice to return for interview on January 17th, I got the letter today and my lawyer says I'll most likely get my work permit on the same day. I did call ircc multiple times today and got the letter just a few hours later after talking to them but I'm not sure if that's what helped or not. Goodluck and I hope you have some good news soon as well!
Hi, I finally got the call for my interview for the 26th of January. Fingers crossed

Dec 27, 2023
My mom just received an email yesterday with an interview on January 11th! Awesome to start the new year with some good news! Really hoping that she gets her WP on the spot as well. I know some folks said they weren't really interviewed but those that were asked questions, could you please share what those questions were. Was anyone asked about the case? Thanks!
Hey, what's the update for your mom if you don't mind me asking?

Mansoora Ali

Dec 11, 2023
Hi
Can anyone tell me how much time is consuming for asylum decision.
I have submitted my asylum case in May 2023.
Its 8th month going on. Can anyone plz tell me how much more time is required for approval.
I am really worried. I need it approved as early as possible. My lawyer gave me 7 to 8 months and its 8th month now.
My husband and 4 little kids are in my home country. I can't understand, what should I do now

yvreats

Apr 28, 2023
Hey could you keep us posted if your mom gets her work permit same day as her interview? Mine is next week and I'm a bit anxious, I'm really hoping to get the work permit on same day
Yes, she did get her work permit today. It was a pretty simple process. She surrendered her passport, gave fingerprints and then were asked to come back in 2 hours for an interview. But it really wasn't an interview they explained that the claim has now been referred to RBC. Happy to answer any other questions but don't be anxious, they're really nice and it was an easy process!