+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

Herealone

Nov 22, 2023
Application received - sep 28
Medical passed - Oct 11
Biometrics (already on file)
Notice to return for interview on January 17th, I got the letter today and my lawyer says I'll most likely get my work permit on the same day. I did call ircc multiple times today and got the letter just a few hours later after talking to them but I'm not sure if that's what helped or not. Goodluck and I hope you have some good news soon as well!
Oh wow, that's really great
My application was recieved on October 4th, Medical passed October 13th, Biometrics already on file too. Could really use some good news
If you don't mind sharing the ircc number you called, let me give it a try too

Thanks

Dec 27, 2023
Oh wow, that's really great
My application was recieved on October 4th, Medical passed October 13th, Biometrics already on file too. Could really use some good news
If you don't mind sharing the ircc number you called, let me give it a try too

Thanks
Yeah I called 1 888 242 2100 and pressed 2 - 3 - 2 - 0 to skip the talk haha, it worked for me to talk to someone, might work for you, I did call at exactly 8a.m toronto time tho.

Dec 27, 2023
Lol thank you so much
In Toronto too, I'll call right away
Good luck, if the wait is too long, I suggest calling at 8a.m. make sure you have all your details ready because they'll need to verify you before. Also just ask for your work permit directly. Thats what I did, I said I already passed my medical for refugee and I urgently need my work permit. Again I can't guarantee you this will help, it could've just been a coincidence it helped me. Maybe they smelled my desperation lol. Goodluck.

Reactions: Herealone

Herealone

Nov 22, 2023
Good luck, if the wait is too long, I suggest calling at 8a.m. make sure you have all your details ready because they'll need to verify you before. Also just ask for your work permit directly. Thats what I did, I said I already passed my medical for refugee and I urgently need my work permit. Again I can't guarantee you this will help, it could've just been a coincidence it helped me. Maybe they smelled my desperation lol. Goodluck.
Exactly what I did, and he said the WP is still in progress. I just hope they bring calls for update like these to the notice of the officer incharge of one's application.
Fingers crossed.... Thanks a lot for your help, I feel like I have done something instead of just waiting

Reactions: optimistic soul

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hey, I think your Goodluck rubbed off on me!! I got my interview call for the 17th of January!! I'll most likely have my work permit same day as well.
Wow, that's fantastic news! I'm happy for you.
Yes, I'm sure you'll get your work permit on the spot.
I hope good luck may be with all of us along the way in our journey in Canada.

yvreats

Apr 28, 2023
My mom just received an email yesterday with an interview on January 11th! Awesome to start the new year with some good news! Really hoping that she gets her WP on the spot as well. I know some folks said they weren't really interviewed but those that were asked questions, could you please share what those questions were. Was anyone asked about the case? Thanks!

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
Hey everyone, does the waiting period for hearing begin when your submit your BOC or is it when you receive your brown paper and are told your file has been referred to IRB

Dec 27, 2023
My mom just received an email yesterday with an interview on January 11th! Awesome to start the new year with some good news! Really hoping that she gets her WP on the spot as well. I know some folks said they weren't really interviewed but those that were asked questions, could you please share what those questions were. Was anyone asked about the case? Thanks!
Hey could you keep us posted if your mom gets her work permit same day as her interview? Mine is next week and I'm a bit anxious, I'm really hoping to get the work permit on same day

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Just wanna ask when did your mom file her refugee claim ?

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hey could you keep us posted if your mom gets her work permit same day as her interview? Mine is next week and I'm a bit anxious, I'm really hoping to get the work permit on same day
Take it easy and relax, my friend.
As long as your claim does not have credibility issues, you're going to be fine, and there's nothing to be worried about. ;)
I believe they will give you the work permit on the spot. :cool:

Have a good day!

Kelvin01

Jan 9, 2024
BOC submitted: 7th November 2023
Medicals pass : 23rd November 2023
AOC : But there is no interview date mention

How long I’m gonna wait for my WP? Can any one get your WP who apply claim on November.