+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

yvreats

Apr 28, 2023
Hi @CanadianDream2023 ,

I just received notification for my eligibility interview that is scheduled on January 2nd, 2024. I believe that I will get my WP on that day. I hope you will get yours soon as well.

Have a wonderful week.
My mom received her AOC November 27th but the interview date and time was empty so I'm waiting for a follow up on her scheduled date. Was it the same case for you? Did you receive the interview notification in an email, mail or in the portal? It'd also be really helpful if you could tell me when you received your AOC so I can gauge her timeline. Thank you!

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
My mom received her AOC November 27th but the interview date and time was empty so I'm waiting for a follow up on her scheduled date. Was it the same case for you? Did you receive the interview notification in an email, mail or in the portal? It'd also be really helpful if you could tell me when you received your AOC so I can gauge her timeline. Thank you!
Hi @yvreats,

This is my timeline :

-BOC submitted on June 15, 2023.
-Biometrics and passport seizure on July 13, 2023.
-Medical examination on September 11, 2023.
-The medical passed on October 11, 2023.
-Eligibility interview is scheduled on January 2nd, 2024.

I received an email from the IRCC portal notifying me that they sent a new message about my application.

Has your mom gone for the medical examination?
Based on what I've read in this forum, they will call you for an eligibility interview 1-3 months after passing the medical examination, but it depends on the office where your case is. The workload of the office is the main factor for our application processing time.

I hope your mom will have her eligibility interview soon.

Have a good day.

yvreats

Apr 28, 2023
Hi @yvreats,

This is my timeline :

-BOC submitted on June 15, 2023.
-Biometrics and passport seizure on July 13, 2023.
-Medical examination on September 11, 2023.
-The medical passed on October 11, 2023.
-Eligibility interview is scheduled on January 2nd, 2024.

I received an email from the IRCC portal notifying me that they sent a new message about my application.

Has your mom gone for the medical examination?
Based on what I've read in this forum, they will call you for an eligibility interview 1-3 months after passing the medical examination, but it depends on the office where your case is. The workload of the office is the main factor for our application processing time.

I hope your mom will have her eligibility interview soon.

Have a good day.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

She hasn’t taken a medical exam in Canada but since she had taken one under a year ago in her home country the medical status automatically changed to passed on November 25th and she got her AOC a couple of days later. So it seems like she has a couple of months to go. Good to know that I can wait for an email and stop logging in to check everyday haha

Reactions: DaveAngel

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hey, how was the interview? Did you get your work permit?
Hi @optimistic soul,

Yes, I've had my interview today.
Everything went well, but actually, it was not an interview.
The officer didn't ask any questions; instead, he explained some documents that I need to sign.
I got my work permit on the spot.

Hi @Mancini,
If you don't mind, could you please share your experience?
I submitted my BOC when I made the claim online. Do I need to submit my BOC again to the RPD?
Did you submit your ID or any others documents after eligibilty interview? thank you

Reactions: optimistic soul

annamanjk

Jun 17, 2023
As any1 gone through a second appeal redetermination process here ? If so pls share how long it took IRB to redetermine your appeal.

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hi @optimistic soul,

The officer didn't ask any questions; instead, he explained some documents that I need to sign.

Hi @Mancini,
I submitted my BOC when I made the claim online. Do I need to submit my BOC again to the RPD?
Did you submit your ID or any others documents after eligibilty interview? thank you
The same, no questions, only general explanation to groups of 50 refugees, then handed the documents. No need to re-submit the BOC, it is already with IRB. Now you do something useful in your life, not just wait to hear from IRB, because it may take months and months. I already submitted my passport during the biometrics that's it.

Reactions: DaveAngel

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
The same, no questions, only general explanation to groups of 50 refugees, then handed the documents. No need to re-submit the BOC, it is already with IRB. Now you do something useful in your life, not just wait to hear from IRB, because it may take months and months. I already submitted my passport during the biometrics that's it.
Hi @Mancini,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
It's good to know that there's no need to re-submit the BOC. :D
I appreciate the advice about keeping busy while waiting.
Okay then, so I don't need to re-submit my passport too. ;)

Thanks again & have a good night.

Dec 27, 2023
Hi @optimistic soul,

Hi @Mancini,

Hey, I think your Goodluck rubbed off on me!! I got my interview call for the 17th of January!! I'll most likely have my work permit same day as well.

Dec 27, 2023
I hope I get mine soon..
Please what's your timeline?
Application received - sep 28
Medical passed - Oct 11
Biometrics (already on file)
Notice to return for interview on January 17th, I got the letter today and my lawyer says I'll most likely get my work permit on the same day. I did call ircc multiple times today and got the letter just a few hours later after talking to them but I'm not sure if that's what helped or not. Goodluck and I hope you have some good news soon as well!