Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys,
I wish all of you are doing well.

I want to share my timeline.

I arrived in Montreal on June 12, 2023.
I submitted my BOC on June 15, 2023.
When I filled out the application, I had already stated that I wanted to be interviewed in Edmonton.

However, when the interview was scheduled on June 22, 2023, I was asked to go to the Montreal office.
So, I sent a message via the IRCC webform to inform them that I had already stated in the application that I wanted to be interviewed in Edmonton.
I had already moved to Edmonton and provided them with my Edmonton address.

On July 7, 2023, I received a second interview call, and once again, I was asked to go to the Montreal office.
I assumed they insisted that I go to the Montreal office for the interview.
I was afraid that if I didn't appear after they had called me for the second time, they would terminate my claim, so I decided to go to Montreal.

I went to Montreal on July 13, 2023, for biometrics and passport seizure, but there was no interview.

When the officer checked my file, he was a little shocked and asked if I came from Edmonton. I said yes.
That leads me to my question: why was I still asked to go to Montreal for an interview despite already stating in the application that I wanted to be interviewed in Edmonton?

He checked his computer again and said, "Yes, in the system, you have already moved to Edmonton." He asked me if the address was correct.
So, I assumed they never checked the message I sent via the webform.

He then said that he would transfer my case to British Columbia because it is the nearest office to Edmonton.

I underwent a medical examination on September 11, 2023.
The medical passed on October 11, 2023.

Until now, my application is still stuck on background checking and I have not received my WP yet.

Do I need to call the IRCC office? Any suggestions from you guys? I really appreciate it.

Thank you.
I know someone in similar situation, its been 4months he has not received WP. He moved from Toronto to Vancouver, transferring his files from Toronto to Vancouver has been a nightmare. Not sure where exactly the issue is, Toronto said they transferred, Vancouver says they haven't receive his file. Continue following up once your background check is changed..

yvreats

Apr 28, 2023
Hey guys,

This is my mom’s application

Submitted - Nov 23
Medical passed - Nov 25 (She wasn’t requested to do a medical exam and it was automatically updated as she had done a medical exam for a visitor visa under a year ago)
Biometrics - Nov 25 (doesn't show passed but shows that it was given a year ago)
Acknowledgment of claim - Nov 27

Here’s my question- the AOC and notice to return for interview shows blank for date, time and address. Did everyone receive a separate email with the details of the interview or is mine an error?

Nov 22, 2023
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey guys,

This is my mom’s application

Submitted - Nov 23
Medical passed - Nov 25 (She wasn’t requested to do a medical exam and it was automatically updated as she had done a medical exam for a visitor visa under a year ago)
Biometrics - Nov 25 (doesn't show passed but shows that it was given a year ago)
Acknowledgment of claim - Nov 27

Here’s my question- the AOC and notice to return for interview shows blank for date, time and address. Did everyone receive a separate email with the details of the interview or is mine an error?
I have received my AOC without an interview date. I received my AOC in August 2023. Waiting for the WP and eligibility interview since

Reactions: yvreats

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
I know someone in similar situation, its been 4months he has not received WP. He moved from Toronto to Vancouver, transferring his files from Toronto to Vancouver has been a nightmare. Not sure where exactly the issue is, Toronto said they transferred, Vancouver says they haven't receive his file. Continue following up once your background check is changed..
Hi @Simba112,
Thanks for you response.
I'll keep following up on regular basis.

Bryanpaz

Star Member
Mar 3, 2023
-Submitted BOC February 26th 2023

-AOC/Medicals Requested March 6th 2023

-Medicals Passed March 31st 2023

-(Documents Seizure)(Appointment was going to be on April 20th but was canceled due to a strike)

-Background check: April 22nd 2023

-Documents Seizure , Biometrics Interview: May 14th 2023

-Work Permit issued May 24th 2023

-IRB Referral: June 6th 2023

-Received hearing letter on September 15th 2023

-Regular Hearing on November 6th 2023

-Received Positive NOD in mail on November 24th 2023

Etobicoke