Passport seizure: August 25,2023
Medical : August 31,2023
WP : September 4,2023
BOC sent through my consultant side: September 7,2023
Meeting with CBSA: September 26,2023
Immigration Officer Interview: April 10,2024
Minister’s Delegate Interview: April 22,2024
Confirmation referral to IRB: April,23,2024
Brown paper: not yet but Minister’s Delegate informed me needs 4 to 6 weeks to recieved it
IRB received BOC on January 8th, 2024, and then I re-submitted on April 26,2024.
Background check: under process

How long the background check will take and when IRB starts scheduling my hearing and when i can know if my hearing is complex or low complex?

Reactions: Mancini

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
My timeline below:

Applied refguee at land port: August 25,2023
Biometrics : August 25,2023
Criminality passed-Bio : August 25,2023
Passport seizure: August 25,2023
Medical : August 31,2023
WP : September 4,2023
BOC sent through my consultant side: September 7,2023
Meeting with CBSA: September 26,2023
Immigration Officer Interview: April 10,2024
Minister’s Delegate Interview: April 22,2024
Confirmation referral to IRB: April,23,2024
Brown paper: not yet but Minister’s Delegate informed me needs 4 to 6 weeks to recieved it
IRB received BOC on January 8th, 2024, and then I re-submitted on April 26,2024.
Background check: under process

How long the background check will take and when IRB starts scheduling my hearing and when i can know if my hearing is complex or low complex?
Hello Ali,
Thank you for sharing your timeline, very detailed indeed.
It is sad that it took too long from the time you applied until the file was referred to IRB, almost 8 months from the date you applied.
Hopefully you will hear good news soon and that it will not take a long time with IRB.

All that we can do is to get ourselves busy with work if possible, volunteering and integrating with the life here until the day our destiny is determined by IRB.

Best of luck man!

Reactions: ALI-26

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
I read yesterday something which I hope will be good for refugee claimants. I read that IRB has been allocated an additional funding, hopefully to address the increasing backlog. I hope that this means that additional resources will be added by IRB to help in determination of the referred applications.

According to IRB website, as of the end of March 2024, the backlog is 186,000 pending applications with Refugee Protection Division. The average processing of applications per month is around 6,000. At this rate, it may take IRB up to 3 years to clear the backlog.

Reactions: ALI-26

ALI-26

Dec 25, 2021
Hello Ali,
Thank you for sharing your timeline, very detailed indeed.
It is sad that it took too long from the time you applied until the file was referred to IRB, almost 8 months from the date you applied.
Hopefully you will hear good news soon and that it will not take a long time with IRB.

All that we can do is to get ourselves busy with work if possible, volunteering and integrating with the life here until the day our destiny is determined by IRB.

Best of luck man!
Yes unfortunately it takes 8 months because land port of Coutts send refguee claimant to headquarters of CBSA at winping and currently they are experiencing a 12-month backlog due to the large number of claimants who are transferring to the Prairie Region as they informed me but my friends applied at Toronto Airport and Montreal land port and Vancouver land port at same day transferred to IRB but still no hearing schedule for them.not all ports they have printers to issue RPCD as Minister’s Delegate informed me

ALI-26

Dec 25, 2021
I read yesterday something which I hope will be good for refugee claimants. I read that IRB has been allocated an additional funding, hopefully to address the increasing backlog. I hope that this means that additional resources will be added by IRB to help in determination of the referred applications.

According to IRB website, as of the end of March 2024, the backlog is 186,000 pending applications with Refugee Protection Division. The average processing of applications per month is around 6,000. At this rate, it may take IRB up to 3 years to clear the backlog.
I wish to be clear ASAP and to get positive NOD after this long wait and also this wait not counted for citizens days counting and PR processing taking big time to granted as i hear and also RTD are complicated.

GG851815

Nov 28, 2023
Hi All , I am still waiting for hearing and my case was referred to IRB in Dec 2023 .. I have one important query or issue.. how hard is to get a job with less credit score ? I am attending interviews for IT jobs and hoping to clear interviews but low credit score is keeping me worried and getting anxious in landing a job offer

GG851815

Nov 28, 2023
Nothing has changed, at port of entry CBSA will conduct interview, and if there is anything of interest to be sent to the Minister, officer can do so.
Hi Simba , I am still waiting for hearing and my case was referred to IRB in Dec 2023 .. I have one important query or issue.. how hard is to get a job with less credit score ? I am attending interviews for IT jobs and hoping to clear interviews but low credit score is keeping me worried and getting anxious in landing a job offer