Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
donutbox said:
This "no issue of reference letter" policy at your company seems very strange, especially if this is a MNC.

Are you sure you legally work for the company?

What I mean is, is it possible you actually legally work for a "job agency" (or some other third party company) with your day-to-day work assignment being at the MNC?

If you legally work for a "job agency" (or some other third party company) then...you don;t actually work for the MNC....even if your day-to-day work assignment is at the MNC office.

For example, lets say you legally/contractually work for a ABC Job Agency as a tech support engineer but ABC Job Agency actually assigns you to work at XYZ MultiNationalCorp...........The HR dept. at XYZ MultiNationalCorp cannot issue you a reference letter....because you do not work for XYZ MultiNationalCorp.

At best, maybe your managers at XYZ MultiNationalCorp could issue you with a "character reference" letter to say ".....you were a good contractor/consultant etc, etc, etc". Note I did not say ".....you were a good employee"

Yes donutbox, I legally worked for that company, I was on their payroll, I understand what your tried to said.

Actually in the same company (say XYZ) initially I was deputed by other consulting company (say ABC). After 2 years, XYS hired me on their payroll, where I worked for another 3 years.
I approached ABC to provide reference letter (for 2 years), they told as I was working at XYZ they cannot provide reference because they don't know job responsibilities I was performing there (XYZ definitely cant provide)

Then I approached XYZ to provide reference letter for 3 years when I was on their payroll they told, as per company policy in India we cannot provide you the reference letter :(

jrgene

Mar 28, 2012
Selangor,MY
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-13
myluckyprincess said:
your employment contract that you and your employer/HR signed when they hired you.

your pay slips.

the explanation of your HR (just like what the others were saying)

cover letter/ your explanation, also stating the name of your boss who can be contacted to justify that you worked there)
Hi myluckyprincess, "kabayan mo po ako", need to ask more regarding this situation can I PM you. Thanks in advance