+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration request after visitor visa refusal

sukhsidhu770

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi guys, I applied for reconsideration request after visitor visa refusal. I got the email from the department which said “…Your request will be reviewed within 30 days of this email, If the Migration Officer determines the decision was rendered with no error in fact, law, or procedural fairness, this message will serve as notification of the review and you will receive a reply to this effect. No further reconsideration requests will be considered without the submission of a new application….”
My question is that in my case 30 days have passed but I did not receive any reply from them. Does that mean I have to reapply? Or is it 30 working days? Thanks
Hi, how can we apply for reconsideration,?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Do they reply fast for webform. Because I heard that it takes 30 days to get webform’s reply
well, webform is how to request reconsideration.
as to when they will respond to your request is another question. depends on a lot of things: backlog, processing priority, staff number and others.
reconsideration is not their priority, may take months.

sukhsidhu770

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
well, webform is how to request reconsideration.
as to when they will respond to your request is another question. depends on a lot of things: backlog, processing priority, staff number and others.
reconsideration is not their priority, may take months.
Thank you so much.
one more question please
Do you know how can we find out which visa office processed our application?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Thank you so much.
one more question please
Do you know how can we find out which visa office processed our application?
you can find it on your GCMS notes. if you can't find it anywhere on the letters IRCC sent you.

just sent one to inland Canada Office and another one to main office in your home country.

sukhsidhu770

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
you can find it on your GCMS notes. if you can't find it anywhere on the letters IRCC sent you.

just sent one to inland Canada Office and another one to main office in your home country.
Thank you so much.
I applied notes today. Any idea how many days it will take to get back?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thank you so much.
I applied notes today. Any idea how many days it will take to get back?
Reconsideration webforms can take weeks - Automatic response is what you will get

As for your VO, you can see it on the BVL & yes get the notes

Notes take 45 days to 2 months depending on where you apply from

Good Luck

sukhsidhu770

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Reconsideration webforms can take weeks - Automatic response is what you will get

As for your VO, you can see it on the BVL & yes get the notes

Notes take 45 days to 2 months depending on where you apply from

Good Luck
Ok. So i think i cannot wait for gcms notes if it takes more than month because for reconsideration we only have one month to apply so i think I should send a webform for reconsideration
70 Rue cremazie,Gatineau, QC canada
This was the address on bvl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok. So i think i cannot wait for gcms notes if it takes more than month because for reconsideration we only have one month to apply so i think I should send a webform for reconsideration
70 Rue cremazie,Gatineau, QC canada
This was the address on bvl
What are the reasons for reconsideration without submitting new documentation? There are no timelines for reconsideration and she may be better to reapply. You posted reasons for refusal:

What are her ties in home country? This would be spouse and child, not parents or siblings.
How much did she show in funds (cash/bank accounts)? Seems she didn’t show enough to show she is established.
Does she have property to show ties?

sukhsidhu770

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
What are the reasons for reconsideration without submitting new documentation? There are no timelines for reconsideration and she may be better to reapply. You posted reasons for refusal:

What are her ties in home country? This would be spouse and child, not parents or siblings.
How much did she show in funds (cash/bank accounts)? Seems she didn’t show enough to show she is established.
Does she have property to show ties?
For reconsideration i think we can’t submit new documentation but can submit something to support our old application. I mean can’t give them something new that is not in application.
For ties
She has husband back home but no child. She showed enough funds i guess. It was almost 13000$ in her account and stay was for two weeks. We also showed funds for her stay.She has government contract job in india. Showed that too and salary slips. She doesn’t have property under her name so didn’t show that.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For reconsideration i think we can’t submit new documentation but can submit something to support our old application. I mean can’t give them something new that is not in application.
For ties
She has husband back home but no child. She showed enough funds i guess. It was almost 13000$ in her account and stay was for two weeks. We also showed funds for her stay.She has government contract job in india. Showed that too and salary slips. She doesn’t have property under her name so didn’t show that.
So she has ties to home country. The issue with her funds is that she is married so is that the total amount of funds for them as a couple? If so then it can be an issue. Husband still needs to fund to live on and using half of savings for a visit to Canada. Did your letter of invitation say that you would cover all expenses? If not and said she was paying for her trip then that is good and must be mentioned in reconsideration request.

sukhsidhu770

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
So she has ties to home country. The issue with her funds is that she is married so is that the total amount of funds for them as a couple? If so then it can be an issue. Husband still needs to fund to live on and using half of savings for a visit to Canada. Did your letter of invitation say that you would cover all expenses? If not and said she was paying for her trip then that is good and must be mentioned in reconsideration request.
In invitation and explanation letter. We said that we are paying for her two weeks stay and she is only paying for travel expenses means ticket only. So that’s why we thought that this should be enough like she has 13000$ cad and we had almost 30,000 cad. In reconsideration should i give her husband’s info like job funds,
Because someone told me that we cannot modify the information we already submitted but this is to explain her funds and financial situation not modification i guess.
Please advise

sukhsidhu770

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
She is my sister in law. So my husband means her brother invited her. So should i add my bank statement and her husband’s bank statement to support more financially. Or is it not allowed in reconsideration