+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received 1 year work permit after completion of 2 1-year courses.

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
Hello Guys,
I received 1 year work permit after completion of 2 1-year post graduate programs from a DLI institute. I believe there was some technical issue that led to only 1 graduation letter being uploaded. But I checked the transcripts were for both the courses. Can someone please suggest a way to move ahead from this situation. I am in urgent need guys and extremely stressed out. If you come across this post PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION.. THANK YOU

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,
I received 1 year work permit after completion of 2 1-year post graduate programs from a DLI institute. I believe there was some technical issue that led to only 1 graduation letter being uploaded. But I checked the transcripts were for both the courses. Can someone please suggest a way to move ahead from this situation. I am in urgent need guys and extremely stressed out. If you come across this post PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION.. THANK YOU
What were the two schools and programs?

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
What were the two schools and programs?
Both courses were from Gbc- George Brown College.
International Business and Digital Marketing. I have classmates who received 3 year PGWP already with same courses. I believe the fact that 1 Graduation confirmation was uploaded as the second file was discarded led to this.
Do you have any idea about how to apply for reconsideration? I read reapplication can lead to denial as PGWP is issued only once.
Please reply. I greatly appreciate your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi scylla,
Can you please confirm if there is a way to rectify this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would start by sending a webform to request reconsideration and to ask for the full 3 years.

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
I would start by sending a webform to request reconsideration and to ask for the full 3 years.
Hi Scylla,
I have raised a webform with all required documents uploaded with the same.
Would you suggest any other way to get this resolved? Like contacting the MP?
Also, are you aware of any situation similar that was resolved?
You have helped alot already thank you very much for that.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOUU

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
Hi Scylla,
Apologies to bother you.
I have raised webforms with documents and one of the IRCC agent did mention to do that to be reconsidered.
I called them again and a different agent said you only uploaded one graduation letter so VO made the decision, there's nothing that can be done. But it was due to a technical issue.
Would you suggest anything else moving forward? Can MPs help in this case as I was clearly eligible for 3 year PGWP. I understand there was an error but the transcripts included grades for both courses, so I feel its a combination of errors.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
Apologies to bother you.
I have raised webforms with documents and one of the IRCC agent did mention to do that to be reconsidered.
I called them again and a different agent said you only uploaded one graduation letter so VO made the decision, there's nothing that can be done. But it was due to a technical issue.
Would you suggest anything else moving forward? Can MPs help in this case as I was clearly eligible for 3 year PGWP. I understand there was an error but the transcripts included grades for both courses, so I feel its a combination of errors.
So it sounds like you were only granted a 1 year work permit since you didn't provide all of the required documents.

It's possible IRCC may still action your reconsideration request. I can't guess if that will happen or not.

You can certainly contact your MP. I don't know if they will be able to help.

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
So it sounds like you were only granted a 1 year work permit since you didn't provide all of the required documents.

It's possible IRCC may still action your reconsideration request. I can't guess if that will happen or not.

You can certainly contact your MP. I don't know if they will be able to help.
" It's possible IRCC may still action your reconsideration request " highly likely or highly unlikely? I have read cases which were refused PGWP but then it was approved after PGWP.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hello Guys,
Did you mention about doing two different programs in your Letter for the PGWP application?

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
HI Sam,
No I did not mention the courses in LOE during my application. But i did submit LoE during webform with all required documents.
I understand if you might not know this, but do you know any scenario where the validity was reconsidered?

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
HI Sam,
No I did not mention the courses in LOE during my application. But i did submit LoE during webform with all required documents.
I understand if you might not know this, but do you know any scenario where the validity was reconsidered?
Yes, there are multiple cases on this forum where a reconsideration was given. Just search for PGWP, and you will find several previous cases.

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
Yes, there are multiple cases on this forum where a reconsideration was given. Just search for PGWP, and you will find several previous cases.
RECONSIDERATION AFTER AN APPROVAL?
The issue with various threads is PEOPLE WHO GOT APPROVED, NO LONGER REPLIED. SO NOT SURE OF THE EXACT PROCESS.
But thank you again man, appreciate your replies. If you have any advise, PLEASEE SHARE.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
" It's possible IRCC may still action your reconsideration request " highly likely or highly unlikely? I have read cases which were refused PGWP but then it was approved after PGWP.
I can't comment on the chances.