+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
I can get d funds to cover for all my dependants based on the kind advice i have gotten so far. My challenge now is I hope it wont affect my application that i only stated 22,900CAD in the section where it was asked 'how much will you be bringing to Canada' and i also stated that my family size is 4.

Now that i know i have to include my non-accompanying child, my family size is now 5 and i will be showing proof of 25,930CAD. I hope this disparity in pre-ITA info and post-ITA info wont be questioned as misrepresentation in my application.

maged_mmh said:
No, even non accompanying family needs to be accounted in LICO, same for medicals too

the proof of funds and medicals are for all dependents, whether accompanying or not

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
powermike999 said:
I can get d funds to cover for all my dependants based on the kind advice i have gotten so far. My challenge now is I hope it wont affect my application that i only stated 22,900CAD in the section where it was asked 'how much will you be bringing to Canada' and i also stated that my family size is 4.

Now that i know i have to include my non-accompanying child, my family size is now 5 and i will be showing proof of 25,930CAD. I hope this disparity in pre-ITA info and post-ITA info wont be questioned as misrepresentation in my application.
what did you write in the eAPR (not the profile) for family size and funds?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
vensak said:
If you have non accompanying member then you do not need to count POF for that member. The logic of POF is that you need that money ready to support your family with you in Canada. But non accompanying will not be with you in Canada.
This is incorrect as you are still expected to support your family even if they are outside Canada.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
This is incorrect as you are still expected to support your family even if they are outside Canada.
Not correct.
If the the custody of the child that lives with his mother was given to the mother that is non accompanying them to Canada (which she cannot, because Canada does not allow bigamy), than such child is not counted as dependent child. And thus he does not need to prove fund for such child.

But he shall recheck the needed amount of his current family of 4, because currently it is above 22K CAD (close to 23K CAD).

Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations - SOR/2002-227
the non-accompanying family member is
[...]
(iii) a dependent child of the foreign national and either the foreign national or an accompanying family member of the foreign national has custody of that child or is empowered to act on behalf of that child by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law, or
(iv) a dependent child of a dependent child of the foreign national and the foreign national, a dependent child of the foreign national or any other accompanying family member of the foreign national has custody of that child or is empowered to act on behalf of that child by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law.

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Before ITA i wrote 4 and 22,900CAD but now(post-ITA) i have changed it to 5(filled info for accompanying and non-accompanying family members) and 25,930CAD.

My police report and medicals are yet to be done but i want to be very sure before i proceed. I dont want my application to be rejected. Pls seniors help

maged_mmh said:
what did you write in the eAPR (not the profile) for family size and funds?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
powermike999 said:
Before ITA i wrote 4 and 22,900CAD but now(post-ITA) i have changed it to 5(filled info for accompanying and non-accompanying family members) and 25,930CAD.

My police report and medicals are yet to be done but i want to be very sure before i proceed. I dont want my application to be rejected. Pls seniors help
perfectly fine.. what counts is what you include in the eAPR, don't worry, just be sure everything in the Questionnaire is 100% accurate and all docs in the checklist are provided

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
If you have non accompanying member then you do not need to count POF for that member. The logic of POF is that you need that money ready to support your family with you in Canada. But non accompanying will not be with you in Canada.
Absolutely incorrect.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Absolutely incorrect.
The child that he was mentioning is growing up with his mother. From that it seems that he has no custody on the child. In that case that child cannot be counted in his non-accompanying family member.

The logic behind those proof of funds is following:

You will come to Canada and at the start you will have some expenses for your family with you (or for the family left behind for some reason). That is what those money are for.

Now if you have children from previous marriage which stayed by other parent or were maybe adopted. In that moment you are not the responsible one (you do not have custody) to take care of them. So that would not have much logic to have additional funds for such cases.
Same thing for your divorced or separated spouse (non accompanying one).

But I have rechecked the law and stated a bit lower which child is considered as non-accompanying family member.

-

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not talking about his specific situation, I'm talking about your post where you say "If you have non accompanying member then you do not need to count POF for that member. The logic of POF is that you need that money ready to support your family with you in Canada. But non accompanying will not be with you in Canada."

That is incorrect and misleading to people reading this thread.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
I'm not talking about his specific situation, I'm talking about your post where you say "If you have non accompanying member then you do not need to count POF for that member. The logic of POF is that you need that money ready to support your family with you in Canada. But non accompanying will not be with you in Canada."

My bad, I have rechecked and specified according to the law after that. (as the case he citated is difficult to be found). Here is the link with citation who is non-accompanying family member:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-7.html?txthl=dependent+child#s-23

neil1290

Feb 25, 2017
Hi,

I have a query.

I just received my ITA for PR as a FSW. I had previously stated in my application in my work ex history that I had 6 month exp in my 1st company and 1.6 years exp in the 2nd company. As I checked in CRS score, my points remain the same if I put either 1 yr or 2 yrs of work exp.

I am unable to get a reference letter from the 1st company so wanted to know if it would be ok to remove the work exp details of the 1st company from work history and just state it in personal history and only mentioned the 2nd company that I worked for as it covers a work ex of 1.6 years.

Also, wanted to know how long it takes once I submit my documents for PR for a review and reply from CIC.

Help is appreciated

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Infact i am confused right now. Are u suggesting i proceed with filling my e-APR with the 5 family members and provide the POF. No 1 seems to have answered whether it will be stated as misrepresentation or should i decline the ITA and go back to d pool.

I need help.

DelPiero07 said:

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just realised that I forgot to write in the travel history one vacation for me and my wife because we don't have any stamps in our passports for that trip (it was a neighbour country). What should I do? Is it a reason for rejection?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
powermike999 said:
Infact i am confused right now. Are u suggesting i proceed with filling my e-APR with the 5 family members and provide the POF. No 1 seems to have answered whether it will be stated as misrepresentation or should i decline the ITA and go back to d pool.

I need help.
You can make the change Post-ITA, explain the reason in a LOE.