+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

really need help... quite urgent...

hkkwan

Mar 30, 2012
Hi, I am from Hong Kong and I am an undergraduate student who is applying the post-secondary study permit and going to attend SFU. (if I can receive my study permit on time...)

In the IMM 1249 form,
1. I come and study in Canada by myself, so I don't have to fill in the family member, right??
2. For the Q.11. I have a BMO debit account with CA$10000 when I first came to study in BC high school 2 years ago,
and now the account remains around CA$2500, but fees such as tuition, book and supplies and accommodation are
paid by credit card of my dad (funds support from my dad). So how do I answer it.

Related to the Q.11,
3. The application needs to include the proof of funds available/means of supports. If the bank statement is in HKD(Hong Kong Dollar) instead of
CAD(Canadian dollar), would it be fine?

4. Must I still maintain an amount of CA$10000 in my bank account? (because I saw something like this in somewhere, but I don't really know what
that is)

5. I check the price of applying study permit is CA$125, however when I use the online payment, I select "Immigration" > "Backlog Reduction Office (BRO-V), Vancouver (British Columbia)" and continue > "confirm the location" and continue, it just appears four choices of Permanent Residence, but no study permit. Is it my computer problem or what's the problem?
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00
Other classes of applicants - Humanitarian and Compassionate
Principal applicant $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner $150.00

Please, if anyone can answer any of the questions or you have some tips and information that can give me!!! I deeply appreciate all of your help!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hkkwan said:
Hi, I am from Hong Kong and I am an undergraduate student who is applying the post-secondary study permit and going to attend SFU. (if I can receive my study permit on time...)

In the IMM 1249 form,
1. I come and study in Canada by myself, so I don't have to fill in the family member, right??
2. For the Q.11. I have a BMO debit account with CA$10000 when I first came to study in BC high school 2 years ago,
and now the account remains around CA$2500, but fees such as tuition, book and supplies and accommodation are
paid by credit card of my dad (funds support from my dad). So how do I answer it.

Related to the Q.11,
3. The application needs to include the proof of funds available/means of supports. If the bank statement is in HKD(Hong Kong Dollar) instead of
CAD(Canadian dollar), would it be fine?

4. Must I still maintain an amount of CA$10000 in my bank account? (because I saw something like this in somewhere, but I don't really know what
that is)

5. I check the price of applying study permit is CA$125, however when I use the online payment, I select "Immigration" > "Backlog Reduction Office (BRO-V), Vancouver (British Columbia)" and continue > "confirm the location" and continue, it just appears four choices of Permanent Residence, but no study permit. Is it my computer problem or what's the problem?
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00
Other classes of applicants - Humanitarian and Compassionate
Principal applicant $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner $150.00

Please, if anyone can answer any of the questions or you have some tips and information that can give me!!! I deeply appreciate all of your help!!!
1. If you are in Canada, then you should be selecting Vegreville to pay your application. So you picked the wrong office.
2. You have to show funds for the first year tuition and $10K for living expenses for the year, and $ for a plane ticket home.

hkkwan

Mar 30, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. If you are in Canada, then you should be selecting Vegreville to pay your application. So you picked the wrong office.
2. You have to show funds for the first year tuition and $10K for living expenses for the year, and $ for a plane ticket home.
But if I'm in Vancouver?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hkkwan said:
But if I'm in Vancouver?
Doesn't matter. Vegreville is responsible for processing all applications.