N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Cappuccino said:
How does first in, first out help if you do not have the skills Canada needs in its job market?

Applicants who have experience on the in-demand list are given priority because they most fulfil Canadian job market demands.

If you have experience in one of those categories, there is nothing to stop you filing a parallel application under fast track. If you do not, there is nothing to stop you from securing a job offer and still applying under the fast track system.
With all due respect Wayne, I can see why the highlighted part of your post might come across as a bit condescending and lacking insight into the reality of how Canadian Immigration system worked and the expectations that was prior to February 2008 and June 2010. I am a post June 2010 applicant and I think we should consider ourself lucky that our cohort came in at a time when the CIC started to put its system in order. However, to simply state that those who have applied based on the rule that was in existence as at the time might not be of relevance in terms of their skill is akin to hypocrisy in my humble opinion. I can't rememberer at anytime in the history of Canada skilled PR scheme where eligibility was a free for all. Every schemes that have existed up to date have been put in place based on the assessed economic need of Canada and applicants have applied based on that criteria and with that expectation in mind.

Let's be honest, and this had been put to you already, what percentage of the current cohort (>F2008 & >J2010) will be walking straight into jobs in the same professions/occupations they are admitted for by the CIO when they get to Canada? What percentage will eventually practice that profession on the long haul in Canada?

I note that your subsequent posts had hit the nail on the head viz-a-viz the need for the CIC to manage the expectation of the older cohort through improved communication to the applicants and also to ensure that timelines are kept in so far as possible. That I concur is what we should all agree is the crux of the matter. You and I are part of the >J2010 thread and you are living testimony of how much anxiety and emotional roller-coaster a few months of wait has generated and continue to generate among members of our cohort (myself inclusive). While that is a perfectly normal human feeling to express, let's also spare a thought for those who have had to cope with such for years and still have no idea when the light will show at the end of the tunnel.

Have a nice weekend mate.

9j

Mar 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, with all due respect to everybody, I am a very peaceful person. It's not about conspiracy or anything. As I said before, Mr. Kenney messed up the entire process and cut the FSW visas. It has nothing to do with 29 or 38 list. It's just his secret instructions for the local visa offices. I know many Russian people underwent medical examination but the Moscow VO is still holding their visas back for almost a year by now. Even though the medical results are expiring, the only reponse the applicants get from the Embassy is like Your case is under background check. Period.
Of course, if they change the occupation list this summer and put Wayne on hold, you would react differently than now. Although I am sure it is easier to wait for your Canadian visa in Britain rather than in Russia ;)

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Cappuccino said:
By prioritising in-demand occupation applications and then steadily processing backlog applications they can ensure that the Canadian job market is not flooded by immigrants who do not possess in-demand skills.
My 2 cents,
Wayne.
Don't worry Cappuccino you too will be flipping burgers, working in security or stocking shelves with the other pre-feb 2008 applicants and then you can share your repungent and despicable views about "in-demand" or "out-demand" occupatoins.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
9jcanada said:
I am a post June 2010 applicant and I think we should consider ourself lucky that our cohort came in at a time when the CIC started to put its system in order. However, to simply state that those who have applied based on the rule that was in existence as at the time might not be of relevance in terms of their skill is akin to hypocrisy in my humble opinion.

Let's be honest, and this had been put to you already, what percentage of the current cohort (>F2008 & >J2010) will be walking straight into jobs in the same professions/occupations they are admitted for by the CIO when they get to Canada? What percentage will eventually practice that profession on the long haul in Canada?
9j
Good one....9jcanada. Honesty and empathy are rare virtues these days.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
singh123 said:
Don't worry Cappuccino you too will be flipping burgers, working in security or stocking shelves with the other pre-feb 2008 applicants and then you can share your repungent and despicable views about "in-demand" or "out-demand" occupatoins.
Well, in most countries immigrants have their jobs and job levels. In Canada like my friends have explained, Canadian experience is what the Canadian employers use to block most immigrants with good experience and qualifications. He also explained that, even if you enter a good organization at a lower level, you will stay there for centuries, difficult to move you to the next level.

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
pb55 said:
I wonder if you would still be have had the same views if you were a Pre-Feb 2008 applicant. First-in, first-out is a sacrosanct rule based on principles of natural justice and this is what was promised by CIC. You can't justify moving the goal post once the application has been accepted.

Just wondering, if you live in London where it seems people have no qualms about queue-jumping even while waiting for the bus?
You hit the nail on the head as usual! +1 for you!