5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
How does first in, first out help if you do not have the skills Canada needs in its job market?

Applicants who have experience on the in-demand list are given priority because they most fulfil Canadian job market demands.

If you have experience in one of those categories, there is nothing to stop you filing a parallel application under fast track. If you do not, there is nothing to stop you from securing a job offer and still applying under the fast track system.

If you are not prepared to put the effort in to secure a job offer, then you may have to wait for quite some time - so I guess it's your call as to how much you want to go.

Wayne.
Yes, so before we applied for the pre June 2010, we were told that it is processed as first in, first out. There was no phrase there saying that it is according to the demand of the NOC. They are just playing around with the applicants.

What about the post June, some offices are processing while others are processing very slowly. What do we s ay in this case+ it is just lack of coordination at the various visa offices.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
canadaforall said:
Yes, so before we applied for the pre June 2010, we were told that it is processed as first in, first out. There was no phrase there saying that it is according to the demand of the NOC. They are just playing around with the applicants.

What about the post June, some offices are processing while others are processing very slowly. What do we s ay in this case+ it is just lack of coordination at the various visa offices.
I don't think co-ordination between visa offices has anything to do with it. Each visa office has a certain amount of resource, and within that a certain target of visas they are allow to issue.

If the amount of applications they have exceeds their resource, or their target, then they have to prioritise which applications they process, and these priorities are given to them by the Canadian parliament.

Slower visa offices probably have way more applications than they are able to handle.

The recent changes whereby a maximum of 20,000 FSW1 applications each year will be considered for processing, and within that only 1000 from each NOC, will really help. But it is going to take time to get through the backlog of applications.

Really CIC are to blame for not controlling the numbers of applications sooner, but now they ARE controlling them we should see a dramatic improvement and the backlog being completely cleared within the next couple of years.

Wayne.

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Cappuccino said:
How does first in, first out help if you do not have the skills Canada needs in its job market?

Applicants who have experience on the in-demand list are given priority because they most fulfil Canadian job market demands.

If you have experience in one of those categories, there is nothing to stop you filing a parallel application under fast track. If you do not, there is nothing to stop you from securing a job offer and still applying under the fast track system.

If you are not prepared to put the effort in to secure a job offer, then you may have to wait for quite some time - so I guess it's your call as to how much you want to go.

Wayne.

My response to you is exactly like kchakus, I applied according to first in first out rule (its not me who has put the system), and again when new rules were introduced I was among the initial and first so called list of 38 occupations). No body (I mean CIC) sent a recommendation to old applicants saying that they will favor new applicants and that we should apply in parallel, we all thought that they will be fair with the ones that have been waiting the most, at least this is the logical thing to do.

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
I just happened to go through the bio-graphy of the great Jason Kenney and ironically he was part of the Human Rights Panel before being drafted into as the Honourable Immigration Minister.
What more do we need to suffer?

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
I don't think co-ordination between visa offices has anything to do with it. Each visa office has a certain amount of resource, and within that a certain target of visas they are allow to issue.

If the amount of applications they have exceeds their resource, or their target, then they have to prioritise which applications they process, and these priorities are given to them by the Canadian parliament.

Slower visa offices probably have way more applications than they are able to handle.

The recent changes whereby a maximum of 20,000 FSW1 applications each year will be considered for processing, and within that only 1000 from each NOC, will really help. But it is going to take time to get through the backlog of applications.

Really CIC are to blame for not controlling the numbers of applications sooner, but now they ARE controlling them we should see a dramatic improvement and the backlog being completely cleared within the next couple of years.

Wayne.

Yes Wagne,
I agree with you. Cic is to blame. They also lack communication, which is the most important tool in every aspect of life. Sometimes they reply very arrogantly to applicants.
This immigration is expensive and they should also consider that we have spent our hard currency to apply.

Lets hope for improvement now that the conservatives have won. Just to make a few changes , not changing any policy as compared to , if it was a new party that took over.

Wish all of us good luck.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
youskal said:
My response to you is exactly like kchakus, I applied according to first in first out rule (its not me who has put the system), and again when new rules were introduced I was among the initial and first so called list of 38 occupations). No body (I mean CIC) sent a recommendation to old applicants saying that they will favor new applicants and that we should apply in parallel, we all thought that they will be fair with the ones that have been waiting the most, at least this is the logical thing to do.
Although I sympathise with your situation - I must partly disgree with you also. If they suddenly started processing all applications strictly in order they were received, then they will be letting in a lot of immigrants from the backlog who do not have skills which fit with current Canadian job market needs. In other words, they will be letting in a lot of people who will be taking jobs off Canadian permanent residents and citizens.

What they need to do in my opinion is pretty much what they are doing, or at least what they say they are supposed to be doing - which is to process those applications on the in-demand occupation list as a priority, and then concurrently process backlog applications - a certain amount per year.

By prioritising in-demand occupation applications and then steadily processing backlog applications they can ensure that the Canadian job market is not flooded by immigrants who do not possess in-demand skills.

However, what they need to do is communicate a lot better. Set clear plans and be transparent about when they anticipate applications will be processed - rather than putting people on indefinite hold.

My 2 cents,
Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
canadaforall said:
Yes Wagne,
I agree with you. Cic is to blame. They also lack communication, which is the most important tool in every aspect of life. Sometimes they reply very arrogantly to applicants.
This immigration is expensive and they should also consider that we have spent our hard currency to apply.

Lets hope for improvement now that the conservatives have won. Just to make a few changes , not changing any policy as compared to , if it was a new party that took over.

I agree, as I explained above. I think their poor communication is my biggest criticism.

Most applicants could cope with a delay if the nature and length of the delay was clearly outlined and explained, with at least some indication of when their application should get processed. It's the indefinite communication darkness that most applicants find intolerable.

Wayne.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
I agree, as I explained above. I think their poor communication is my biggest criticism.

Most applicants could cope with a delay if the nature and length of the delay was clearly outlined and explained, with at least some indication of when their application should get processed. It's the indefinite communication darkness that most applicants find intolerable.

Wayne.
If i had a chance, to give my view point about the immigration system, this is the first point i will point to the immigration minister and to CiC to take time in estimating when they will process an applicant's file.

Unfortunately we have just to sit and here from them.

Lets hope things will improve from now hence forth.

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Cappuccino said:

Wayne.
I wonder if you would still be have had the same views if you were a Pre-Feb 2008 applicant. First-in, first-out is a sacrosanct rule based on principles of natural justice and this is what was promised by CIC. You can't justify moving the goal post once the application has been accepted.

Just wondering, if you live in London where it seems people have no qualms about queue-jumping even while waiting for the bus?

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pb55 said:
I wonder if you would still be have had the same views if you were a Pre-Feb 2008 applicant. First-in, first-out is a sacrosanct rule based on principles of natural justice and this is what was promised by CIC. You can't justify moving the goal post once the application has been accepted.

Just wondering, if you live in London where it seems people have no qualms about queue-jumping even while waiting for the bus?
If he were a pre - June applicant, he would not be speaking the way he is doing right now. Yes, i agree with you. When we applied, that is what they said and gradually, after getting the application fees, they changed everything to favor them. That is the reason, why at some point, i think they just want to get the fees to run their economy.

There is still life even outside of Canada and even some of those who claim , they have skills in demand get stock in menial jobs. The only reason being that, they do not have Canadian experience. All levels have their own obstacles.

Lets wait and see.

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Cappuccino said:
If they suddenly started processing all applications strictly in order they were received, then they will be letting in a lot of immigrants from the backlog who do not have skills which fit with current Canadian job market needs. In other words, they will be letting in a lot of people who will be taking jobs off Canadian permanent residents and citizens.

Wayne.
Having benefitted from Post-Feb 2008 priority processing your views understandable, self-righteous, self-serving, utterly selfish and inconsiderate to the lesser mortals (read Pre-Feb 2008 applicants). Get-off your moral high horses mate.

Zubair Jilani

Oct 30, 2009
canadaforall said:
If he were a pre - June applicant, he would not be speaking the way he is doing right now. Yes, i agree with you. When we applied, that is what they said and gradually, after getting the application fees, they changed everything to favor them. That is the reason, why at some point, i think they just want to get the fees to run their economy.

There is still life even outside of Canada and even some of those who claim , they have skills in demand get stock in menial jobs. The only reason being that, they do not have Canadian experience. All levels have their own obstacles.

Lets wait and see.
Good point you have raised Canadaforall!
(Though CIC policies are against your ID dear ;D)
Just have a look at the money part they have arranged for their economy
FSW/Professional Applicants fee C$ 550
Total Backlog till today: 1 million Applicants
Total amount they got just from the application fee is= C$ 550 Million (surly a good money!)

Another interesting area is Investors scheme. A few months before one of my friends who was journalist, he was doing an investigating report on the immigration programs mentioned me that approx 5k to 8k Pakistani families were migrated Canada just under investment program. Those Pakistanis were belong to mid and upper middle class and were living quiet happily but due to critical law and order situation they have decided to move Canada as their first choice. To migrate they sold all their essentials such as property, gold etc. for a peace of mind and bright future to their generation. Lets calculate the money departure from country in single category.
Total applicants aprox 6000
Minimum investment amount approx considered as C$ 120,000
Total amount: 720,000,000 (C$ 720 Million) (a great amount of money I must say)
Now imagine the huge valuable amount they have inducted in their economy just with one smart trick!

After putting all the effort let’s assume that their efficiency as far processing /issuing visa will be in double than today’s, then what change will happen, nothing great, even if their all VOs issue will 100,000 visas per year again it would take them in 10 years time to clear out the backlog (don’t forget the parallel applicants who we may assume will be increased significantly in coming years probably double than today).

What I understand and strongly believe in that nowadays that getting visa or immigration is upto the luck/fate, if someone get good news he should be thankful to God Allmighty (I guess and you agree that we cannot give singly credit to their system, though Allah has given them power to do so). Their major focuses or targets are just to grab/attract or making more people fool via highlighting the F&B of Investors programs, for them it doesn’t matter if the rest would go into the hell or somewhere else (Typical American Diplomatic Style…)!

By keeping above info I finally have decided crossed the fingers, praying, waiting for the good news! ??? ??? ???

sushilmuna

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul, South Korea
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-02-2010
Nomination.....
not yet
IELTS Request
09-09-2010
File Transfer...
18-02-2010
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
don't know
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
canadaforall said:
Yes Wagne,

you are right Canadaforall, it is not only the matter of money, it's the matter of time and indirect pain we are suffering through out the processing time.

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
FYI

Dear Ms. Chakravarthy Kannan:

On behalf of the Prime Minister, I would like to thank you for your e-mail, in which you raised an issue which falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism.

Please be assured that the statements you made have been carefully reviewed. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to Minister Kenney so that he too may be made aware of your comments. I am certain that the Minister will give your views every consideration.

M.F. Bustos
Manager/Gestionnaire
Executive Correspondence Services
for the Prime Minister's Office
Services de la correspondance
de la haute direction
pour le Cabinet du Premier ministre

I request all the backlog applicants affected due to the unfair policy of the immigration minister to write to the Prime Minister of Canada, Mr.Stephen Harper @ pm.gc.ca and also Leader of Opposition, Mr Jack Layton @ www.ndp.ca at the earliest to get a favourable decision

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
Dear all

I have applied in sep 2009 with job offer still waiting for madicals the visa officer sent me email in june 2010 that i am not satisfied with your ielts score L 5 R 4.5 W 5.5 S 6 overall band 5.5.

In response i have sent him so many avidence like i have been working in international company since 10 years and all workers are foreigners the commen language is english all meeting are conducted in english all correspondence in english.

Also i have competed english laguage cours from british council. + my employer sent a letter to chc that mr. --- has good experience and knowledge to carryout job responsibilities he has been interviewed by phone we are satisfied with his english, if we feel that he need up grading in language he will be provided a chance to study in canada.

In a addition i have prepared and posted a mail to chc in jan 2011 that i am ready to pay around 7000 CAD to english language school in canada for up skilling my self after arrival in canada the name and location were sent allready in poste to london office.

after that i did not hear anything from VO.

what i am thinking as proposed changes in immigration that canada going to lower ielts score for Tradesperson as my NOC 2253 dtrafting technologist,i am trademan so what shall i do wait for that changes or send letter to immigration minister as per caips my points 74 PSDEC 1 SECDEC 4.