+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ready for Visa email

Apr 20, 2017
I was about to start spamming (event replied an old post) the forum about this but I don't see cases like mine so here it goes:

This friday 17th I received an email with subject "Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa". I actually received it twice, exactly the same, from two @cic.gc.ca addresses. It asks me to send my passport and additional photos but it just doesn't tell me where. According to CIC website this should have been announced through my CIC account but there's nothing there.

The deadline is in 15 days (counting from Nov 17th), which depending on how far I have to send my documents, and the 3 days wondering that I've taken, well, time is ticking.

Reading at the email, it looks like a template that someone forgot to fill out. There's a part that says "Your visa(s) / Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will expire on XXXXX".

Can anyone relate similar experiences with these emails? Do I have to figure out the address where to send the documents? Is it a CIC office in Canada? My home country Canada embassy?

Cheers!

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
I was about to start spamming (event replied an old post) the forum about this but I don't see cases like mine so here it goes:

This friday 17th I received an email with subject "Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa". I actually received it twice, exactly the same, from two @cic.gc.ca addresses. It asks me to send my passport and additional photos but it just doesn't tell me where. According to CIC website this should have been announced through my CIC account but there's nothing there.

The deadline is in 15 days (counting from Nov 17th), which depending on how far I have to send my documents, and the 3 days wondering that I've taken, well, time is ticking.

Reading at the email, it looks like a template that someone forgot to fill out. There's a part that says "Your visa(s) / Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will expire on XXXXX".

Can anyone relate similar experiences with these emails? Do I have to figure out the address where to send the documents? Is it a CIC office in Canada? My home country Canada embassy?

Cheers!
Ready for visa emails could come from Canada or any other Visa application centres as well.
As long as it has your application number and UCI number, it should be genuine.

I would contact/visit nearest VAC to submit the passports along with the form that came with that email.

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
It's legit !! Congratulations. I had the same reservation when I got the email.

Ideally, there will be a line which will tell you explicitly what you need to do. I had this written in mine:

1) Passports

• VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

Last edited:

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To check spam or legit then check these.
1. check the from address (IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC at cic dot gc dot ca)
2. check the STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION steps (CPC-CTD-Ottawa at cic dot gc dot ca)
3. check ur name, email id at the top of the mail and UCI plus Application Number are correct
4.STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS and STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS, finally signature
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
To check spam or legit then check these.
1. check the from address (IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC at cic dot gc dot ca)
2. check the STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION steps (CPC-CTD-Ottawa at cic dot gc dot ca)
3. check ur name, email id at the top of the mail and UCI plus Application Number are correct
4.STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS and STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS, finally signature
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
Not all 'Ready for visa' emails come from only one address!

Apr 20, 2017
It's legit !! Congratulations. I had the same reservation when I got the email.

Ideally, there will be a line which will tell you explicitly what you need to do. I had this written in mine:

1) Passports

• VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.
VFS at Colombia told me they only work for non permanent visas

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
VFS at Colombia told me they only work for non permanent visas
Hi,

The visa you will get is a NON PERMANENT Visa, as it's a single entry visa that will expire in a year from your medicals. Print that email, take the photographs and passport to the VFS and apply for the visa.

Apr 20, 2017
Hi,

The visa you will get is a NON PERMANENT Visa, as it's a single entry visa that will expire in a year from your medicals. Print that email, take the photographs and passport to the VFS and apply for the visa.
I came again. Explained the whole situation again. They insisted that's not where I should deliver my passport. This is so frustrating.

Apr 20, 2017
After relentlessly mailing the CIC address referred in the mail they sent me, they replied telling me I had to send docs to Mexico. I'm not even sure but I had ran out of options and the girl at DHL seemed familiarized with the procedure so...

Reactions: chanakyashah
Apr 20, 2017
I finally received through CIC a PDF letter with the same information as before but this time it had a footnote with the address, which is the same that was given to me by email after I asked. So I'm much more confident of having sent my docs there. The deadline is still 15 days but the document's date this time is November 23rd. This is still gonna be very confusing for other applicants but I'm hoping my experience might help them. So the moral is: Chill.