+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

Samwitwicky

Mar 20, 2018
the last update still showing 14 march 2018.. where did you see that??
Yeah, the time on the page is still 2018-03-14.
But if you check the HTML page header using Chrome Developer Tool, you will see things like this:
last-modified: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 18:30:51 GMT
This is on the server side.

EguinhaPocoto

Oct 9, 2017
There is no skill transferability bonus for all CLB 10, right? From CLB 10/9/10/10 to 10/10/10/10 there's only a 3-point difference in CRS, am I correct?

Canada4me2

Feb 21, 2018
With no draw this week, I think the score for next week will also remain in excess of 446.
Probably 448-450
Not expecting it to fall below 440-442 levels anytime soon now and it will take just another 3 week draw to reshuffle the pool again to higher cutoffs...

Interesting how a 1 week delay of draw can cause the dramatic band shift

Looks like the Canadian dream might just remain a dream now
#waitingat442

Arminder_1985

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
So another H1 guy here... And the main issue in US right now is the uncertainty, be it for visa extension or for getting the GC. These days even employers have stopped hiring H1's, they are only looking for citizens or GC holders, so the opportunities have reduced a lot. Many of my friends who are working for Indian IT companies are getting their extensions denied after getting multiple RFE's so its becoming a nightmare.

With Canada even though the jobs might be little less paying or the opportunities are less but still you are content that no one will throw you out tomorrow and you will not lose everything that you have build over the years. So life isn't that great in US like it use to be.

ammuboo

Aug 19, 2017
Yup, you are right. My bad. It's listening where you already have 8.0. but do check on writing, I think 7.5+ will give u another 3 points. Please cross check in crs tool. If CIC decides not to go below 440, may be 430+ score can get you oinp. Good luck
Thank you! Wish you the same

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
So another H1 guy here... And the main issue in US right now is the uncertainty, be it for visa extension or for getting the GC. These days even employers have stopped hiring H1's, they are only looking for citizens or GC holders, so the opportunities have reduced a lot. Many of my friends who are working for Indian IT companies are getting their extensions denied after getting multiple RFE's so its becoming a nightmare.

With Canada even though the jobs might be little less paying or the opportunities are less but still you are content that no one will throw you out tomorrow and you will not lose everything that you have build over the years. So life isn't that great in US like it use to be.
Below are the new criteria for screwing H1B,

1) Staffed in a 3rd party worksite
2) Getting paid very low.
3) Skills mismatch from original petition

But we have to admit that their President has taken some sensible measures to reduce the H1B visa abuse. Coz let me strip the above three points to its bare bones,

1) Working in a 3rd party worksite from a staffing company like TCS, Infy employees are mostly utlized as low cost fillers. These so called IT jobs can be done by a High schooler with a months training.

2) Offcourse working for such Indian staffing companies on H1B, Salaries mostly range between 60-90k only. Worst case is that these Indian staffing compaines recruit Mexican work force for 40-50k as their work permit allows to do so.

3) I have hardly seen anyone applying for H1B with their actual resume, these Indian staffing companies have a pre-defined resume and the same is used by everyone who applies.

I dont say my views apply to every H1B applicant. But this is the case 90%. I myself was able to get my RFE approved as my resume/skillset are genuine and not readily available in here. But to me being in the US feels like, as if I am forcing myself into an uninvited birthday party. I see Canada as another home that invites me with pleasure.

neptune09

Jan 4, 2018
India
You never know...CRS scores that can suddenly increase by 18 points can also drop by 18 points from one round as well...It will definitely drop and everyone knows that...I think it will even reach 420's or mid 410's.
I doubt, with all the H1B folks applying. If it gets below 440 its a miracle.

SonnyG

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
I doubt, with all the H1B folks applying. If it gets below 440 its a miracle.
Looks more likely that CIC doesn't want that. Had they not skipped March 1st Wednesday, today's cut off wld have been 439-440 trending to go further low. But they screwed

Arminder_1985

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018

But we have to admit that their President has taken some sensible measures to reduce the H1B visa abuse. Coz let me strip the above three points to its bare bones,

1) Working in a 3rd party worksite from a staffing company like TCS, Infy employees are mostly utlized as low cost fillers. These so called IT jobs can be done by a High schooler with a months training.

2) Offcourse working for such Indian staffing companies on H1B, Salaries mostly range between 60-90k only. Worst case is that these Indian staffing compaines recruit Mexican work force for 40-50k as their work permit allows to do so.

3) I have hardly seen anyone applying for H1B with their actual resume, these Indian staffing companies have a pre-defined resume and the same is used by everyone who applies.

I dont say my views apply to every H1B applicant. But this is the case 90%. I myself was able to get my RFE approved as my resume/skillset are genuine and not readily available in here. But to me being in the US feels like, as if I am forcing myself into an uninvited birthday party. I see Canada as another home that invites me with pleasure.

You are absolutely correct for most part of it. First of all this would apply to 65-70 % of the H1B holders and mostly all of those are third party consultants who are 26 - 27 year old and have work ex of 12 years (just interviewed one such guy yesterday only). And not all Indian IT companies have forged resumes but yes they pay quite less compared to US companies, so i do agree on that part.

But if you think from America's perspective then they are doing a right thing, by making it strict for people to misuse these visas so that more Americans can get employed. So they are justified in doing the same.

My point is that there are still some people who are not working with Indian IT companies and are not getting paid less but still that fear of uncertainty is always there cuz we also depend on H1 visas and any change in that will impact everyone.

Reactions: Mithu3
Mar 21, 2018

Can't agree more. There's a lot of abuse of H1B, primarily by Indian companies. And, this is not a "India" problem, its just that when it comes to numbers, we (Indians) do everything in bulk. Indian H1-b holders (with genuine US degrees and jobs), have been the back-bone of Silicon Valley and America's economic growth for many years now (not just the Internet industry, but even in 80's-90's with inflow of Doctors, Engineers). Saying that, US immigration system has been broken for a very long time now. Their system should have been on Point-based/Merit-based a long time ago. However, their system is still primarily based upon volume, which results in 10-20 years waiting period for highly-populated countries like India. So rather than fixing the issue, they are actually going backwards.

People like me and countless other immigrants from all over the world, who came to this country, studied their ass off (for entrance exams like GMAT, GRE, IELTS and likes), paid 100% higher out-of-state tuition fees (relative to their American counterparts), interviewed countless companies, and finally scored genuine jobs, should have been streamlined into a Merit based system long ago, and should have been separated out from people coming from staffing companies like TCS (though no offense to them; they should be merited to their own competencies). But instead, all US political parties overlooked Immigration for a long time now. And this is primarily coming from resistance by regular American people. US at this point has a very defensive stance towards Immigration, and it has nothing to do with TRUMP, as such. After all, Trump is just a representation (more/less) of the country's culture, arguably speaking. They are at cross-roads at this point, where 6/10 children born are of a color, and their 'norms' are in clash with each other. With so much going on internally, its very vivid that Immigration is not on their agenda. And I dare say, there will be a price to pay.

Meanwhile, Canada sensed the opportunity: Express Entry, its not a shock/fluke that its a very attractive option for H1-Bs. It has been a very smartly/strategically designed program by Canadian government to implement a Brian Drain.

Now since this thread is for Ray of Hope - I want to assure my Non-H1b folks, that there are only so-many H1-bs that would be eligible for Express Entry program. At some point, the numbers will come down, and you'll see a drop in CRS cut-offs. So be hopeful for sure. But meanwhile, would definitely recommend to improve your IELTS (sections like Listening, or Reading, which are easier to improve than Writing/Speaking), because it has a lot of emphasis on your final score.

Last edited:

maanharvir

Feb 4, 2017
###Need Advice###
My CRS is 429 and will lose 5 points on 30th Sep. My IELTS CLB is 10 which is already maxed out and Bachelors degree. My wife is having a masters degree but she doesn't have any work exp and also it will be difficult for her to get CLB9. She is also almost around the max of his IELTS scores as per her capacity. She can improve slightly but that will only help to improve my CRS by 2 or 4 points.

Now considering the current trend my speculation is that cut-off will not go below 435 at-east this year.

What all options I have apart from Ontario PNP? My NOC is 2171.
I think learning French and getting a score in that is also kind of big task and need around 1 year of investment.

Please give your views on options I have.

Mar 21, 2018
###Need Advice###
My CRS is 429 and will lose 5 points on 30th Sep. My IELTS CLB is 10 which is already maxed out and Bachelors degree. My wife is having a masters degree but she doesn't have any work exp and also it will be difficult for her to get CLB9. She is also almost around the max of his IELTS scores as per her capacity. She can improve slightly but that will only help to improve my CRS by 2 or 4 points.

Now considering the current trend my speculation is that cut-off will not go below 435 at-east this year.

I think learning French and getting a score in that is also kind of big task and need around 1 year of investment.

When did you submitted your EE profile? Based on my data hacking skills (which are not the greatest, mind you) 2171 has been the highest among PNP-NOI receivers. Plus, its right up the ally of what states like Ontario are looking for.

So I would recommend first off to have faith, wait and pray (never underestimate the power of grace :) ), also definitely look in to other options to improve your score such as French course, if need be.

Reactions: dreamlover

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
###Need Advice###

You have 3 options so go for whatever is easier for you:
1. Get 1 year Master degree on the top of your bachelor. It is 1 year investment and will cost you 5 points on age but you will get 30+ points instead (full transferability and additional points for eductation).
2. learn French - it will cost you 1-3 years (depending how fast you learn) and you can get 30+ points. But at the same time you will loose 5 to 15 points because of aging.
3. Get work experience for your spouse (especially is she is younger). It does not have to be her studies related, but it has to be 0, A or B type. Depending on how much she miss, it will cost 1-3 years to max out transferability for her. At the same time she can get her English maxed out. And if she is younger then she would have more points for age.
4. Check if you are eligible for any of opened PNP streams

Choice is yours

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018