+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Every one talking about H1B applicants, just wondering what score generally they will have in the pool? Is it gonna be 460 for majority? Looking at the fear factors from so many, it seems like we people do not have any chance below 450.

Reactions: neptune09

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Every one talking about H1B applicants, just wondering what score generally they will have in the pool? Is it gonna be 460 for majority? Looking at the fear factors from so many, it seems like we people do not have any chance below 450.
Not to spook you off but my score is 481 if I score 8.0 in IELTS listening section on Saturday. I already took IELTS and I had 7.0 in Listening. I have Master's degree in US and three years experience on H1B. Mind you I am still waiting for ECA from WES.

Last edited:

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Not to spook you off but my score is 481 if I score 8.0 in IELTS on Saturday. Master's degree in US and three years experience on H1B. Mind you I am still waiting for ECA from WES.
My guess will be that your age is 29. But most of the H1Bs CRS score will be a lot less because they would be well into their 30's. I think most of the ones with high CRS have canada experience.

The IT company I work for brings in a lot of people on work permits to canada, who get tons of points for canada experience and get PRs easily

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
My guess will be that your age is 29. But most of the H1Bs CRS score will be a lot less because they would be well into their 30's. I think most of the ones with CRS have canada experience.

The IT company I work for brings in a lot of people on work permits to canada, who get tons of points for canada experience and get PRs easily
Yeah I agree. I turned 27 last month by the way.

Reactions: alexross

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Not to spook you off but my score is 481 if I score 8.0 in IELTS listening section on Saturday. I already took IELTS and I had 7.0 in Listening. I have Master's degree in US and three years experience on H1B. Mind you I am still waiting for ECA from WES.
good luck with your Pr man, but at the other note, can you share with us about the realistic scenario in US? I heard almost all H1B are trying for EE PR, is it true? Pls share a little information regarding what is actually running on inside the H1B people and their endeavor for shifting to Canada?

moudzone

Jan 29, 2018
With no ITAs issued for today, I guess it will be the first time to have only 1 draw a month ever since the EE program started, apparently their targeted numbers won't be reached whatsoever.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
good luck with your Pr man, but at the other note, can you share with us about the realistic scenario in US? I heard almost all H1B are trying for EE PR, is it true? Pls share a little information regarding what is actually running on inside the H1B people and their endeavor for shifting to Canada?
I am one of the H1B people, so I can give you a little bit of insight:

Typically any H1b visa needs to be extended every 2 or 3 years. The extension process can take from 2 months to 8 months usually for approval. Nowadays due to increased scrutiny, when the extension application is pending for approval, everybody gets the idea to apply for canada due to anxiety from the wait. some of them get started by writing ielts (without knowing other details like an ECA is needed), may be they do a few more steps but usually once the extension comes and they are good for another 3 years, they forget about Canada. Only a few who felt the stress was too much or who think they may not be able to get permanent status seriously move further with the process

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
With no ITAs issued for today, I guess it will be the first time to have only 1 draw a month ever since the EE program started, apparently their targeted numbers won't be reached whatsoever.

Can't say just one draw yet. We still have next Wednesday which falls on 28th of this month. I'm sure there will be a draw then.

Reactions: Indigrrl

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am assuming (could be wrong) your actual question is that whether you/your friend should go for the NOI, or wait for CRS cut-off to drop below 420? If that's the case, I would recommend to go for the NOI. Although, as mentioned on this thread by experts, there will/should be a month, this year, with 3 draws, that will drop the CRS cut-off (in my assumption to around 430-440), we don't know what month that would be. But regardless, I highly doubt it will come down to 420 (reasoning below).

'One' of the purpose of NOI (PNPs) is to pick up legitimate candidates with a score between 400-430; so this is going to be an increasing trend moving forward, where most of the candidates with a score between 400-430 will (should) opt-in for their NOIs, as soon as they get one.

Above is my assumption, based on factors such as i) increasing popularity of 'Express Entry' all over the world (ii) bad global-image of immigration in US, resulting in large influx of H1-Bs (iii) political situation in Canada: with next year election (and JT's disapproval rates and Jagmeet Singh's NDP selection), there are high chances that NDP could take up % of Liberals votes , giving an unfair advantage to Conservative party, which has been known to curtail immigration in the past; I don't expect conservatives to completely stop the Express Entry program, but we could, for sure, foresee reductions in quotas.
Except EE is not a liberal invention. This system was introduced late 2014, while liberals won the election in 2015. So there is no worries that EE as such will be stopped.
That it will be tweaked in the future, sure but that would happen regardless.
However other programs like Live in caregivers, parent and grand parents sponsorship, quota and approach to the refugee programs, that one is a completely different story.
It can also be that French might stop be a ticket to Canada. But then again Quebec is not so small to disregard those voters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravi Saku

Samwitwicky

Mar 20, 2018
There should be one on March 28th, if not, the next cut-off in April will be 460+.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
I am one of the H1B people, so I can give you a little bit of insight:

Typically any H1b visa needs to be extended every 2 or 3 years. The extension process can take from 2 months to 8 months usually for approval. Nowadays due to increased scrutiny, when the extension application is pending for approval, everybody gets the idea to apply for canada due to anxiety from the wait. some of them get started by writing ielts (without knowing other details like an ECA is needed), may be they do a few more steps but usually once the extension comes and they are good for another 3 years, they forget about Canada. Only a few who felt the stress was too much or who think they may not be able to get permanent status seriously move further with the process

Thanks for your insight. Honestly I think honorable Trump is not that dumb to let qualified people who is running their country with their talent to leave for Canada that easily. They will eventually get their H1B extended but what will happen is a total mayhem among everyone with an increasing applicant numbers for Canada.

What will happen is many US people with very high total getting ITA and never genuinely live or move out to Canada and even if they do, they would not be staying there after getting passport. The only adversely affected people in this scenario will be the people from the other countries who desperately need to move out to Canada and live there in real without moving out from there in the long run. And also Canada will temporarily suffer if they get fleeting migrants who never wanted to move to Canada in the first place and are only thinking about the migration cause of some external unavoidable force. I am not saying everyone will do the same but yes a prominent portion will and that's definite.....