Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
People,
Do I have to get PCC done from US where I lived for almost 12 years? I left US to return to India in May 2016. Am asking since I read somewhere that any country where stay is more than 6 months, PCC should be obtained.

I can get PCC here in India easily though.
Yes you do need it. All the information is on the CIC website. You can get PCC from USA online now. You just have to send your fingerprints by courier. Google FBI Identity History Summary, that's what you need.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
I am so far out of the loop. How is your dear little son? What is happening with you now?
Hey hey how are you doing? Studying hard?
Thanks for asking, my baby boy is doing great, enjoying with him all the time and seeing that innocent smiles give me more power and patience as I'm waiting my PPR, and hopefully that will happen soon but should wait more coz of transfer my file to Local Visa office (Paris).
As we all say here, patience is the only key!

Enjoy your study and good luck in your exams too :)

Last edited:

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Hey hey how are you doing? Studying hard?
Thanks for asking, my baby boy is doing great, enjoying with him all the time and seeing that innocent smiles give me more power and patience as I'm waiting my PPR, and hopefully that will happen soon but should wait more coz of transfer my fie to Local Visa office (Paris).
As we all say here, patience is the only key!

Enjoy your study and good luck in your exams too :)
Do you have any tentative plans yet?

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Should edit some documents for new comers:

- Medical report (upfront or after ITA);
- PCC (from all countries a person has lived 6 months or more in a row since the age of 18);
- Proof of Funds:
a) if you are holder that account - Bank letter; 6 months statements
b) if your spouse is holder: Bank letter; 6 months statements; a letter that you have been given an access to that account along with your spouse affidavit and signature;
c) If you get a gift deed: Bank letter, 6 months statements; Gift deed letter showing all necessary information with affidavit and notarized, for more info please visit at: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/

- Reference letter (sometimes that calls also as a Letter of employment) as per CIC requirements; if not MET - you may add your 6 months pay slips, job offer letter, contract etc;
- Degree certificate (you should scan in color the degree that you have got an ECA);
- Scan IELTS and/or TEF in color;
- Scan of your Passport or Travel document: bio pages and all pages with stamps, visas if applicable;
- Digital photo;
- Marriage certificate if applicable;
- Job offer letter if applicable;
- Birth certificate for minors only if you apply through direct ITA and mandatory for everybody if you apply for a provincial program like OINP;
- Applicable fees

Hope this list helps to get a first understanding for gathering required documents
Good luck everyone!
Comprehensive list.
I am just speaking for myself, sometimes ignorance is bliss.
When I first applied for Canada application ( pre ITA) I thought ITA was itself the visa! Then I had the impression after ITA they rant visa in 3-5 weeks! I didn't even knew I had to have PCC from multiple countries. In a way my ignorance helped me. As otherwise things would have seemed too daunting for me. ☺

Esh2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Is there anyone who has recently got a PPR. Can you please share your timeline? Like how did it go and how long it took for each phase

Jackdish7

Mar 8, 2018
Hi,

I am new to the forum.
I have received ITA in December 17 , my score is 448. I have collected almost all the documents and completed my upfront medical test. Later on realised I have chosen wrong NOC and I am unable to change the same now. Therefore I created one more account now and awaiting the next draw.

Can any one tell me if I have to reappear for the medical test again?

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hi,

I am new to the forum.
I have received ITA in December 17 , my score is 448. I have collected almost all the documents and completed my upfront medical test. Later on realised I have chosen wrong NOC and I am unable to change the same now. Therefore I created one more account now and awaiting the next draw.

The medical test you have completed is still valid (medical tests are valid for one year). You can upload the same medical information sheet when you submit eapr next time.

cortex471

Mar 8, 2018
Hi,

I am new to the forum.

Post your question in a new thread so people can see it and respond, choose descriptive title that summarizes the issue.

Stoick

Jun 27, 2017
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
1-Jun-2017
The medical test you have completed is still valid (medical tests are valid for one year). You can upload the same medical information sheet when you submit eapr next time.
There is a catch in medicals. Your single entry immigration visa to do landing is valid exactly for a year after medicals. So plan accordingly.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
There is a catch in medicals. Your single entry immigration visa to do landing is valid exactly for a year after medicals. So plan accordingly.
Hi Stoick,

Visa will be valid until one year from medicals?

If I get the visa 8 months after medicals, then I will have to land within the next 4 months?

Or I can still go for another medical test if I need more time?

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Hi Stoick,

Visa will be valid until one year from medicals?

If I get the visa 8 months after medicals, then I will have to land within the next 4 months?

Or I can still go for another medical test if I need more time?
There will be a date in visa before which you have to make a landing. Medicals are valid for 1 year. If medicals are expired before landing, just take another medical.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
There will be a date in visa before which you have to make a landing. Medicals are valid for 1 year. If medicals are expired before landing, just take another medical.
If you take another medical, is there a process to change the expiry date on the single entry visa?