+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

Mr Rich

Mar 5, 2018
With a CSR score of 433 the chances are high for me to be selected for ITA in the next draw.

However my question is, how much should I have in my account as a principal applicant for a Visa Officer to be convinced of my capability to take care of my family of three at least for a period of one year?

Reactions: Sandeep198511

samsung123

Feb 28, 2018
With a CSR score of 433 the chances are high for me to be selected for ITA in the next draw.

However my question is, how much should I have in my account as a principal applicant for a Visa Officer to be convinced of my capability to take care of my family of three at least for a period of one year?
What makes you think 433 will be enough to be selected? I am in a similar boat but all previous scores have been in the 440's?

siriusrooney

Jan 4, 2018
Have to go big or what use of wishing anything
Very true. I'm waiting for my wife's WES ECA to complete (supposed to complete on Mar 12) and the point total for me would be 434 (Going down to 429 mid march due to stupid birthday). For now I see no chance of getting an ITA anytime soon, so might as well go with the 4000 number.. Why not!!

siriusrooney

Jan 4, 2018
What makes you think 433 will be enough to be selected? I am in a similar boat but all previous scores have been in the 440's?
Hope I believe. We won't be seeing scores in the mid 430s for some time. Hopefully end of April, early May, it might come down to low 430s, high 420s... But that is the best I can see happening. :(

samsung123

Feb 28, 2018
Hope I believe. We won't be seeing scores in the mid 430s for some time. Hopefully end of April, early May, it might come down to low 430s, high 420s... But that is the best I can see happening. :(
Is there something that this is being based on so I can get an idea? Or are you purely guessing?

siriusrooney

Jan 4, 2018
Is there something that this is being based on so I can get an idea? Or are you purely guessing?
Oh complete and pure guess/hope. There is 0 ounce of stats to back that up. Just that last May we did see a score of 413 and with more people applying (due to turmoil in US and other places), it lowest the CRS score would fall could be high 420s (427/428/429). But that is just a reasoning I used. It need not be true. In fact, I wish, it goes to the 410s. More people would be able to fulfill their dreams that way!

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I believe there is no place in the EE profile that allows you claim points for secondary applicants work experience except it’s Canadian work. For others you get points for Ielts and Education only. And yes you have to submit proof of work experience. It’s automatically there even if you put it under personal history, that’s Post ITA. Except you don’t put it at all anywhere. I am talking from my own experience. I put my wife’s work history under personal history and when I clicked next for documents required, under her profile, I was asked to upload the proof of work experience. I noticed when I went back and deleted it entirely, the field to upload work experience wasn’t there anymore but to be on a safe side I went back and inputted it and obtained a letter from her supervisor which I now uploaded. Often times people say once you put it under personal history, you don’t need to add supporting documents cos u aren’t claiming points. In reality it’s not that way. In fact for the secondary applicant, everything else, work history n all falls under personal history and there r no seperate fields.
This has me worried now. I'm the secondary applicant. My husband did not include my work history in his EE profile because getting employer letters for at least one of my previous jobs won't be easy (company doesn't exist anymore) and we don't get any points for it anyway. CIC states that proof of work experience is only mandatory for the spouse if they claim Canadian experience, so we were going by that:

Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Ielts exam on 6th January-almost over 50% of the ielts results got published near early February or first week of Feb

Ielts exam on 20th January- got published on 2nd February

Ielts exam on 1st February- got published on 14th February

Only exam of 10th February whose results were published on 23rd Feb will affect the draw tomorrow, so if the score falls by 2-3 points then it will mean a good news for us, or if the score drops by one point then its a bad news and no score drop will mean disaster.
I gave IELTS on 20 Jan, results were out on 13 Feb, but missed the last draw coz I got my TRF on 22 Feb.

British council site shows only the score, not the TRF details.

Last edited:

Kwamena

Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys,

can any please share their IELTS TRF number from 2018 to identify the pattern?

i cannot wait to receive hard copy as result is out, need to update CIC profile pl.

cheers
Your TRF number is on the online results. Just scroll to the bottom. You’ll see it written there

Dolarosa

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
This has me worried now. I'm the secondary applicant. My husband did not include my work history in his EE profile because getting employer letters for at least one of my previous jobs won't be easy (company doesn't exist anymore) and we don't get any points for it anyway. CIC states that proof of work experience is only mandatory for the spouse if they claim Canadian experience, so we were going by that:

Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
If he did not include it at all, I don’t think you should worry.

Dolarosa

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I gave IELTS on 20 Jan, results were out on 13 Feb, but missed the last draw coz I got my TRF on 22 Feb.

British council site shows only the score, not the TRF details.
That’s what I know as well. Only the scores are shown on the BC site. Except there is another way of checking the results