VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@h1b2pr When I had created my profile I was planning to move alone and once settled will bring my family through sponsorship. While I was getting all the documentation, medicals, PCC etc completed, I was researching on the process of bringing family later and found it is really a hectic and long process. I then decided that they will join me and the application also allowed me to change that detail with my application active. I also did not think it would be a problem as I was not adding any points for my spouse so my score should have no impact. Later on Jan 24 I read in a thread that someone's score went down if they choose Spouse accompanying. I decided to verify that and when I calculated the CRS by choosing the options Spouse accompanying vs Spouse not accompanying, the score did go down. I was landing at 445 but the Invitation I got was cut-off at 446. That would mean rejection later. Hence declined and created profile again with 445 Spouse accompanying. It was really frustrating to see that having accompanying spouse was reducing points from Age factor, Foreign experience factor, Education factor as well as Canadian experience factor. Overall 30 points reduced. Still not too bad as 445 should come good in upcoming draws.
Funny enough, technically you can get more points with spouse than without (of course in case of perfect language skills + second language and at least Master degree).
You have lost so many points only because you did not have any document ready (that is language assessment for your spouse and ECA as well).

Again, it will be needed most of it later in Canada (ECA will be needed rather fast for job seeking and Language test is needed later for citizenship).

And why ECA for job search? Many companies have internal rules these days, where they want to see your diploma assessed to the Canadian diploma in order to recognize it.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holy Cow.. The Ontario Masters Graduate Stream Opened for few minutes in then closed.
Yes, gone within minutes. Last time it was hours. So it seems that now people know how link the site update alert and some are literally sitting around and the moment the alert is there they are rushing to get the login key (or their bots are).

Reactions: sundar17feb99

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Yes, gone within minutes. Last time it was hours. So it seems that now people know how link the site update alert and some are literally sitting around and the moment the alert is there they are rushing to get the login key (or their bots are).
And I was thinking if nothing work's out I will move to Canada on Study visa, get Masters and then get PR. Good that I now know, its a bad Idea. :(:rolleyes:

Reactions: ashish_india-canada

diliprath

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-02-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2018
File Transfer...
08-02-2018
Med's Done....
20-02-2018
Passport Req..
16-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2018
Funny enough, technically you can get more points with spouse than without (of course in case of perfect language skills + second language and at least Master degree).
You have lost so many points only because you did not have any document ready (that is language assessment for your spouse and ECA as well).

Again, it will be needed most of it later in Canada (ECA will be needed rather fast for job seeking and Language test is needed later for citizenship).

And why ECA for job search? Many companies have internal rules these days, where they want to see your diploma assessed to the Canadian diploma in order to recognize it.
It's not about getting documents being ready. My wife is a homemaker and do not intend to work in the first place. We have mutual agreement. She is the supreme leader of home as I am good for nothing and I take care of financial responsibilities ;). Since she is not so fluent in English she did not appear for IELTS as well. I understand that later for Citizenship it would be required, but we will have time to prepare for that.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And I was thinking if nothing work's out I will move to Canada on Study visa, get Masters and then get PR. Good that I now know, its a bad Idea. :(:rolleyes:
It is not a bad idea.
1. you will get points for Canadian education
2. You can get points for Canadian work experience (if you hit PGWP after your study).
3. You will get real connections to whatever province you study and you might be able to qualify into more PNP programs.

So you can gain more than loose with such move. But of course at the start it will be costly (to pay for studying in the country)

Reactions: h1b2pr

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not about getting documents being ready. My wife is a homemaker and do not intend to work in the first place. We have mutual agreement. She is the supreme leader of home as I am good for nothing and I take care of financial responsibilities ;). Since she is not so fluent in English she did not appear for IELTS as well. I understand that later for Citizenship it would be required, but we will have time to prepare for that.
In your case you have enough points to catch up with that. Many others do not.
Language assessment has nothing to do with staying at home as such. And neither does ECA. They are just proving that:
1. Your wife is literate (she studied)
2. Your wife knows the language.
How do you expect her to run the finances in Canada without proper language knowledge (for one thing you need to understand all those terms when buying things, getting loan, getting bank account or credit card or asking for child's benefits...).
Trust me I know well how is it to have a partner that does not speak local language and being always forced to find somebody to go with him to any office or doctor.

So either her language skill is so weak, that you will have to take over that as well (which will make her to stick to the home service provider only - cooking, cleaning, watching soap operas...). And I doubt, that she would be very happy in such role.
Or she has decent language knowledge and in that case you could be done with the IELTS tests for her already (just so you know you can use same language test you used for immigration for citizenship application as well even if it is older than 2 years).

And as for the diploma assessment. You do not know what life can bring and if for one reason or other she would desire to work (maybe work from home).
But again I am speaking from my own experience how fun is it to explain that your diploma is not assessed and then being forced to take equivalency exams just to prove that you are literate.

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Indeed, there are different views regarding this in this forum. I do not want to give you an answer that might get you in trouble so I rather recommend you to send a private message to either scylla or jes_ON.
I was able to get through IRCC via phone and they confirmed that if you have a valid Visitor's visa it will remain valid until either its expiration date or when you do Landing (whichever comes first).

However, she did said that the officers have the last call always. That is standard procedure.

prongs13

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Let your wife prepare for IELTS, it can be useful. This way she can prepare and be fluent in english and it will be useful when she is managing your home related duties in canada. Also if she has some sort of education degree...why not get it assessed for ECA.

diliprath

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-02-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2018
File Transfer...
08-02-2018
Med's Done....
20-02-2018
Passport Req..
16-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2018
In your case you have enough points to catch up with that. Many others do not.
Language assessment has nothing to do with staying at home as such. And neither does ECA. They are just proving that:
1. Your wife is literate (she studied)
2. Your wife knows the language.
How do you expect her to run the finances in Canada without proper language knowledge (for one thing you need to understand all those terms when buying things, getting loan, getting bank account or credit card or asking for child's benefits...).
Trust me I know well how is it to have a partner that does not speak local language and being always forced to find somebody to go with him to any office or doctor.

So either her language skill is so weak, that you will have to take over that as well (which will make her to stick to the home service provider only - cooking, cleaning, watching soap operas...). And I doubt, that she would be very happy in such role.
Or she has decent language knowledge and in that case you could be done with the IELTS tests for her already (just so you know you can use same language test you used for immigration for citizenship application as well even if it is older than 2 years).

And as for the diploma assessment. You do not know what life can bring and if for one reason or other she would desire to work (maybe work from home).
But again I am speaking from my own experience how fun is it to explain that your diploma is not assessed and then being forced to take equivalency exams just to prove that you are literate.
I do understand your point and personally I agree to most of them. Having said that, every individual's scenarios and preferences differ. My wife completed her higher secondary and major factor for that was push from my end to at least complete it. That was all I could force her to complete before we got married. It's her preference more than mine. With respect to language test she understands the language and speaks upto some extent but waiting for her to catch up on the IELTS score would mean she needed more time and will impact on Age factor with every passing year. We have been living in US for last 3 years and she has been able to manage when it's required. Also as I said, Finances are my responsibilities.

It's just that the situation and preferences are different here. Although I am sure I would be able to push her to be ready for a good IELTS by the time Citizenship situation comes and would encourage her to start a business of her own. I am sure she will not agree for a job.

diliprath

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-02-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2018
File Transfer...
08-02-2018
Med's Done....
20-02-2018
Passport Req..
16-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2018
Let your wife prepare for IELTS, it can be useful. This way she can prepare and be fluent in english and it will be useful when she is managing your home related duties in canada. Also if she has some sort of education degree...why not get it assessed for ECA.
I have been working on convincing her for that my friend. It would help both of us to gain more points. But do not want to push her too much. I have a detailed 3 year plan in mind once I land in Canada. Education wise its only higher secondary she has completed, else I would have had ECA done for her as well.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do understand your point and personally I agree to most of them. Having said that, every individual's scenarios and preferences differ. My wife completed her higher secondary and major factor for that was push from my end to at least complete it. That was all I could force her to complete before we got married. It's her preference more than mine. With respect to language test she understands the language and speaks upto some extent but waiting for her to catch up on the IELTS score would mean she needed more time and will impact on Age factor with every passing year. We have been living in US for last 3 years and she has been able to manage when it's required. Also as I said, Finances are my responsibilities.

It's just that the situation and preferences are different here. Although I am sure I would be able to push her to be ready for a good IELTS by the time Citizenship situation comes and would encourage her to start a business of her own. I am sure she will not agree for a job.
No need to wait for her to become better. She could have go for 1 IELTS session as she is (you will not get any negative points for low IELTS score). And just maybe to give you few points on the top.
And as for her diploma. All she needs is to sign the application. Assessment of it is not difficult. However once it is done, she will have it (yes it is technically valid 5 years, but you can renew it with the same organisation without being forced to send out additional set of documents).
And what is described above could have earned you good 5-10 points (Education and weaker language skills).
Now imagine your score would not be 445 but more like 430 - then it could be a life changer.
Good luck.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

indcan86

Oct 6, 2017
I recreated my profile yesterday, hoping to get Ontario NOI. But I now notice that the earlier profile which I withdrew have a UCI and my active profile doesn't have any. Is UCI mandatory for receiving invitations? Please advice, if so what can I do now?

diliprath

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-02-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2018
File Transfer...
08-02-2018
Med's Done....
20-02-2018
Passport Req..
16-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2018
I recreated my profile yesterday, hoping to get Ontario NOI. But I now notice that the earlier profile which I withdrew have a UCI and my active profile doesn't have any. Is UCI mandatory for receiving invitations? Please advice, if so what can I do now?
Do not worry about UCI. This is the 4th time I have created a profile. I had the same concern on creating my profile 2nd time. Your new profile will go just fine. UCI will get assigned in some time. My friend also recreated his profile yesterday hoping for the OINP NOI. You are not alone. :) cheers

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Holy crap. I am not looking forward to this next year