+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

Arod

May 15, 2017
There is no issue but be aware that if you wish for your spouse to become a PR the sponsorship process can take up to 12 months.

Also, you should stop talking to whoever said "CIC might raise some queries on why didn’t I want to choose my spouse to accompany me while creating the profile."
Hi DelPiero,

My plan is that in the meantime we can get her a TVR and then an Open Work Permit so she can be with me while her papers are being processed. Obviously we would request her TVR before I get PPR. Considering she already has US visa I would think she wouldn't have issues getting it.

Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks.

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
You have 45 days to accept the provincial nomination.....i think you should wait till the very last moment and take a chance.....wait for the next couple of draws.....you never know when the score may drop......its really unpredictable....no point wasting 1500 CAD just coz of impatience....hand in there....me and my husband are also waiting at 441 and plan to wait till end of feb....
I plan to do the same. Wait till the last moment and then go for ONIP.

One question though:
Do you know what document are required for registration on the OINP portal? The documents that have to be uploaded as part of the process. I don't want that I start registering close to the 45th day, just to find out that there are some documents that I don't have and that might take some time to prepare.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hi All.

This might be a little simple, however, I just want to clarify.

Q: With one degree verified and ECA done, I have created an EE profile. There is a possibility that WES might recognise another credential of mine positively. My question is, can I enter (without the ECA number for this credential - while the assessment is underway by WES) the degree / credential in EE profile.I am not sure if it can be done. This might increase my score and I would stand a chance possibly in the upcoming draws if the CRS cut-off goes down.

If someone can throw some light, grateful as always.

@BillHyatt @legalfalcon - can you guys advise?

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DelPiero,

My plan is that in the meantime we can get her a TVR and then an Open Work Permit so she can be with me while her papers are being processed. Obviously we would request her TVR before I get PPR. Considering she already has US visa I would think she wouldn't have issues getting it.

Thanks.
I refrain from commenting on such situations as I do not particularly agree with them.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All.

Q: With one degree verified and ECA done, I have created an EE profile. There is a possibility that WES might recognise another credential of mine positively. My question is, can I enter (without the ECA number for this credential - while the assessment is underway by WES) the degree / credential in EE profile.I am not sure if it can be done. This might increase my score and I would stand a chance possibly in the upcoming draws if the CRS cut-off goes down.

@BillHyatt @legalfalcon - can you guys advise?

Thanks.
No. Wait until you receive your ECA.

Reactions: nt13

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All.

[U - can you guys advise?

Thanks.
No, you should not enter you education is it is not evaluated or is from Canada. Instead first get the ECA and then update it. Some applicants do enter the WES reference number before they get the ECA, but this is wrong and illegal.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DelPiero,

Thanks.
1. From what you have said, your spouse either does not speak English and French or she does not have more than secondary education and speaks English or French below average.

As with good language knowledge, your spouse can bring you 20 points just from 1 language (While you loose 25 max because of being married).

Be also aware of the following:
Yes you can put your spouse as non accompanying with a proper explanation.
However if at the same time, they will see their visa and other application to stay in Canada for extended period of time, it can raise a suspicion.

Remember, that the last word on your file is done by CIC officer, and in justified cases, they can come to assumption, that your spouse actually wanted to accompany you and recalculate your points accordingly.

Why? Because you would give them evidence in their hands.

Also be aware that changing if your spouse is accompanying you or not is NOT a family composition change.
And only in case of family composition change (marriage, divorce, death, birth...) they are not allowed to recalculate your points.

Maybe it would be easier to send your spouse to take IELTS / TEF or to let the diplomas be assessed.
Hint: this might be needed later in Canada anyway.
So that way you will be able to catch up.

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
There is no issue but be aware that if you wish for your spouse to become a PR the sponsorship process can take up to 12 months.

Also, you should stop talking to whoever said "CIC might raise some queries on why didn’t I want to choose my spouse to accompany me while creating the profile."
In such case, will children of the primary applicant get PR too without spouse?

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Hi @DelPiero07 and other experienced members

I have a valid Tourist Visa and currently just received my AOR. I'm hoping to receive CoPR by May.

I want to attend an event in Montreal in June but as the spouse I can't make the landing on my own and my question is can I enter Canada with my tourist visa instead of the CoPR in June and then i can go with my Wife in September to do the landing?

My brother who is CEC Inland, did not get his Tourist Visa cancelled when he received his CoPR. I have seen opposing comments on this matter.

Please help!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro - just observed that your NOC is 1225. This is one of my NOCs too. How is the job market for this NOC. Keen to discuss more in detail if you are okay.
They do seek for buyer ever so often. Good news is, that you do not need any special certification for that. However you need to have several years of work experience in order to hit a decent position. But then again, you can always go to the junior level.

And buyers are needed all over, so it depends which industry did you specialize in, then you shall seek for the region. Also many of them sit close to the factory. And factories tends to be built in smaller cities (because it is cheaper to do so).

Jakilee

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
January 29, 2018

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Re: OINP now accepting applications to the Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate Streams

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is now accepting applications to the Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate Streams.

Please note that the OINP is monitoring the intake of applications with respect to the limits of Ontario’s 2018 nomination allocation. Applicants will be informed when the application intake limits for each stream have been met.

You must access the OINP e-Filing Portal directly from the OINP website using the following links:

Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information on the OINP.

Please monitor this page for news, announcements and program developments. Stay in touch by visiting our social media pages on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
January 29, 2018

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Re: OINP now accepting applications to the Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate Streams

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is now accepting applications to the Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate Streams.

Please note that the OINP is monitoring the intake of applications with respect to the limits of Ontario’s 2018 nomination allocation. Applicants will be informed when the application intake limits for each stream have been met.

You must access the OINP e-Filing Portal directly from the OINP website using the following links:

Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information on the OINP.

Please monitor this page for news, announcements and program developments. Stay in touch by visiting our social media pages on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Now, just how long, until their site will crash under high amount of applicants.
Remember, all who want to apply:
Most important is to get the login key and to be able to get the account created in their portal. After that you have 14 days to upload and submit all documents.
Last time, those login codes were gone within few hours. So hurry up.
Good luck

Reactions: sundar17feb99

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
:pIt might be reopening the master stream, last time they did this kind of "important announcement" was about opening master stream.

October 11, 2017

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This is to inform you about an important OINP update to be announced on www.ontarioimmigration.ca this Thursday, October 12, 2017.

Then:

October 12, 2017

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Re: International Students - Masters and PhD Graduate Streams now accepting applications

The OINP is now accepting applications for the International Students - Masters Graduate Stream and International Students - PhD Graduate Stream.
Exactly!

Reactions: ashish_india-canada

Fhussain

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I'm in exactly the same situation. My CRS score with spouse not accompanying me would be 445, with her is 427.
Same here.. CRS without spouse 451.. with spouse 439.. tough call... hope CRS to fall below 440 soon...