+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 80th Draw

Emnafrancks

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
I am thinking it would be better if we don’t have a draw on 13 December unless CIC does another draw on 20 December (probability is low for 3 back to back draws ) because we have seen that CRS shoots up of the draw is done after 3 week gap. So if we don’t have a draw next week so that we can have a draw on 20 dec and most probably on 3 jan 2018. Maintaining a 2 week gap will see CRS coming down closer to 440 or thereabouts. Then we can hope if the ITA number increases in next year we can see a Lowe CRS. Having a draw on 13 dec and not having again for 3 weeks will again push CRS back in the 450 range. What do the experts think??
Your analysis is spot on

Fhussain

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I am thinking it would be better if we don’t have a draw on 13 December unless CIC does another draw on 20 December (probability is low for 3 back to back draws ) because we have seen that CRS shoots up of the draw is done after 3 week gap. So if we don’t have a draw next week so that we can have a draw on 20 dec and most probably on 3 jan 2018. Maintaining a 2 week gap will see CRS coming down closer to 440 or thereabouts. Then we can hope if the ITA number increases in next year we can see a Lowe CRS. Having a draw on 13 dec and not having again for 3 weeks will again push CRS back in the 450 range. What do the experts think??
I think in actual there is no effect of draw after 3 weeks (some times) on how low the CRS can go.. the thing matters is atleast 2 draws in a month with increased ITAs.. only benefit we can get by hving draw every fortnight is that CRS shows consistency...like after 3 weeks draw CRS jumps to 450+ and then comes back to 437+ next week.. instead of 439+ and 437+..

Cynthiaonx

Dec 6, 2017
Cynthia:
Hello guys
Please must yourJob experience be related to the degree acquired to qualify for express entry?. If I studied Biochemistry/Microbiology but has 9 years work experience in the banking sector, Am I qualified for express entry?

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Cynthia:
Hello guys
Please must yourJob experience be related to the degree acquired to qualify for express entry?. If I studied Biochemistry/Microbiology but has 9 years work experience in the banking sector, Am I qualified for express entry?
Although I am a newbie in the forum, the discrepancy between the obtained degree and the work experience should not matter from what I know. It is very natural and common that not everyone's occupation is directly related to their diplomas. What really matters is that the duties and responsibilities in the current and past employments should match to an NOC code as much as possible, and the applicant should be able to obtain a work experience letter from the organisation for the purpose of claiming those work experiences. So if you can obtain the work experience letters from the companies, then you should be fine.

But again, that is just my opinion and further input from the experts would always be more than welcome.

Cynthiaonx

Dec 6, 2017
Although I am a newbie in the forum, the discrepancy between the obtained degree and the work experience should not matter from what I know. It is very natural and common that not everyone's occupation is directly related to their diplomas. What really matters is that the duties and responsibilities in the current and past employments should match to an NOC code as much as possible, and the applicant should be able to obtain a work experience letter from the organisation for the purpose of claiming those work experiences. So if you can obtain the work experience letters from the companies, then you should be fine.

But again, that is just my opinion and further input from the experts would always be more than welcome.
Thanks a lot. Experts please comment on this

Fhussain

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Thanks a lot. Experts please comment on this
I think details are there under NOC requirements on CIC website... there are some NOCs for which degree must match the profession... like somebody working as Finance Manager should have a bachelors in business administration or similar to his field.. these are my interpretations of their wordings..

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Then you’re not long in the pool! Where have you been six months ago when scores were well below 430? Why are you spitting on other people’s opinions when they are spreading hope? What’s wrong with believing that everything will fall to its place one day? Are we insulting you with our good intentions and unicorns?
Seriously, what's wrong with you? Why are you so mad? Being Secretary General of this forum obligates you to show some manners...

Just to answer your questions: I've been in the pool since late 2015, I've found this forum one and a half year later, I've got ITA in the spring 2017 and lost it due to dumb oversight in the application. Got so frustrated that haven't written anything for a long time...

I like people who spread good hope, but I can't stand it that some others are being attacked just for different view. I like to read different opinions. It broadens one's mind. In my case the realistic remarks helped me to pick myself up up and keep on studying French. I've noticed Vensak during all of this time and that he spends a a lot of his time writing long posts, preparing numbers and arguments. This shows that he does have respect for this forum. His insights might be wrong but he is definitely worth a spot here. Why attack him?

jessekay

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
Seriously, what's wrong with you? Why are you so mad? Being Secretary General of this forum obligates you to show some manners...

Just to answer your questions: I've been in the pool since late 2015, I've found this forum one and a half year later, I've got ITA in the spring 2017 and lost it due to dumb oversight in the application. Got so frustrated that haven't written anything for a long time...

I like people who spread good hope, but I can't stand it that some others are being attacked just for different view. I like to read different opinions. It broadens one's mind. In my case the realistic remarks helped me to pick myself up up and keep on studying French. I've noticed Vensak during all of this time and that he spends a a lot of his time writing long posts, preparing numbers and arguments. This shows that he does have respect for this forum. His insights might be wrong but he is definitely worth a spot here. Why attack him?
Please shed some light on what went wrong with ITA

Reactions: andieangel

zionver

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
I like people who spread good hope, but I can't stand it that some others are being attacked just for different view. I like to read different opinions. It broadens one's mind. In my case the realistic remarks helped me to pick myself up up and keep on studying French. I've noticed Vensak during all of this time and that he spends a a lot of his time writing long posts, preparing numbers and arguments. This shows that he does have respect for this forum. His insights might be wrong but he is definitely worth a spot here.
Nobody is attacking anyone. Everyone is free to share his/her opinion. The issue here is this thread is all about spreading positivity. Ray means beam of light. Anyone spreading views that doesn't really bring hope is deviating from the purpose of this particular thread-Ray of Hope.

Some people are influenced (positively or negatively) by the words they read or hear. Most people with low CRS scores are already stressed up because of the recent draws. Most of them do come to this thread to draw strength from the positive words that people share. Anyone with a low CRS score will definitely know that he/she need to do everything to increase the score. However, some people have already maxed out their score and what they can only do is to keep trusting and hoping that the score will go down.

Let us all walk together in love.:)

Last edited:

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Please shed some light on what went wrong with ITA
It turned out I had inadvertently made a mistake in my personal data which could have easily got rejected as "misrepresentation" with all the possible negative outcome. The biggest absurdity was that during all that happy time I haven't looked at my application until after I had collected all documents and did everything else to start filling the second application. Suddenly I realized my fault and declined ITA but this happened just after the 413 draw. I wasn't in a bad mood at all: "Who cares, I'll just wait a week or so for the next round!" Yeah... still waiting...

And here goes the moral of this story. People, please listen to me. Proofread your applications. Give it to your spouse, your mother, your dad to proofread and you won't regret.

Reactions: Mithu3 and Saidkhan

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

I can only say, wow, just wow. Read your post again, read mine and vensak’s and then come back again with remark who’s mad. Thanks.

jessekay

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
It turned out I had inadvertently made a mistake in my personal data which could have easily got rejected as "misrepresentation" with all the possible negative outcome. The biggest absurdity was that during all that happy time I haven't looked at my application until after I had collected all documents and did everything else to start filling the second application. Suddenly I realized my fault and declined ITA but this happened just after the 413 draw. I wasn't in a bad mood at all: "Who cares, I'll just wait a week or so for the next round!" Yeah... still waiting...

And here goes the moral of this story. People, please listen to me. Proofread your applications. Give it to your spouse, your mother, your dad to proofread and you won't regret.
Thanx bud.