AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Its all good my score is 413 just had bad news handed to me in office today...focused now on pr now...just want to get out of it now...
Oops. I really hope you make the most of your time bro. All the best mate

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Guys,

If anyone starting a new thread for the people who got an ITA today please post a link in this thread.

P.S. I am at 456 and still waiting for an email. If there is no new thread by the time I get the email then I will create one so we can help each other out in the next steps.

Thanks
where's the link for new thread? Could you please send me the link to that thread.

Saidkhan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
AHMEDABAD, INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Nomination.....
04-03-2018
Hi Guys!
I have recently started following Ray of Hope. I am a new applicant for express entry with a score of 435. The last draw was very exciting and lifted a lot of hopes I can see.

Wanted to know the recent timeline from AOR to PPR?

I am hoping an ITA for u in very next draw

Saidkhan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
AHMEDABAD, INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Nomination.....
04-03-2018
Hi All,
Please just to verify
Can someone upload documents and complete application for Ontario and NovaScotia PNP when they are not accepting application?
Like Saskachewan one can upload docments at any time but can only submit when they are accepting applications.

For ontario you need NOI to begin the application.

For nova scotia, you need to be specific about it, in demand occupation catagory A or B.
If A then you can upload your docs any time.
If B then need to wait for it to open and when they open, its traffic jam on the site to complete and upload the documents. Trust me i have tried 8 hours to complete my application (un successful) last time when they open.

daeneson

Nov 19, 2017
Good day everyone! The Ray of Hope threads have given me a lot of encouragement to keep fighting! I am still waiting for the score to drip but I am quite nervous if it does go down instantly though. I am not that sure if I have all the necessary documents to submit if I get the ITA in the alloted time.

Do they give a list on the ITA itself? Do they have a deadline for all documents? Do they send any postal mail or are all communications via email?

Thank you so much to anyone who can give me some answers.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Answers included

Hi Seniors,

I'm a newbie here. Please provide your valuable inputs as I have some doubts while filling express entry profile.

For Primary applicant
1. In the sections
a. City/town of study (required)
b.Name of school/institution (required)
What shall we enter, the college location and name or the university location and name?

I'm from India and the college where I studied is different from the University which issued my degree certificate. In my WES ECA only university name is mentioned. But in my degree certificate, my college name is also mentioned. So I'm confused here.

I believe your college is affiliated to university. Choose the university name and the place of your college in location. The one who issues certificate is the responsible for your education.

2. Has x applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required)

I'm creating one more express entry profile with my spouse as Primary applicant. So in the second profile do i need to answer the above as "Yes" and provide the other Express entry profile number?

The above section specifies, "have you applied to CIC before"
It is recommended to have one profile with either you or your wife as your primary applicant. Use CRS calculator and assess which one would gain maximum points.

3. In the Occupation Section,

Date x first became qualified to practice in the Primary Occupation

If the Primary occupation is any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

Here I have to enter the course completion month or the date when degree certificate is issued? I am confused here because, my degree certificate says x has qualified for the degree at the exam held in April 2008, bu the degree certificate is Dated : 12-11-2008. So which month shall I consider?

The same is more complicated with my spouses' education. Her degree certificate is dated 20 Jan 2010. But it also mentions an additional date: Issued on 3 Feb 2011. Moreover, her transcripts say education period - From - July 2005 to - July 2009. But her exam was in September 2009. Please guide. Which month shall I enter?

That's a tricky question. Most of us which includes me, used the date of joining in my company. In NOC code. you will find "degree is usually required" or "having xxx experience" in the field. My work and study is irrelevant, hence I used the date which I joined in my company.

Additionally, the date you receive degree is the date you are certified.

4. In the work history section, do we need to mention all the work experience in the same primary NOC or is it just sufficient to include just 3+ years to claim the full points? I'm confused whether it will amount to misrepresentation.

mention the one's where you can gather documents. remaining can be included in personal history section.

Appreciate your kind guidance & inputs .

Thank you very much.

Mathew

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi,
I need some guidance on the IQAS application. If anyone can help it will be appreicated!
1. I finished a 2 year PG dipolma from SCDL. The duration was from 2008 - 2010 however I completed the program only in 2013.
The application asks for "Instruction dates". Which dates/year should I be mentioning there?

2. They are asking for a specific start date (including month and date) and specific end date. I don't have those? Any guidance on how strict they are wrt to these dates? What should I be mentioning here?

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Good day everyone! The Ray of Hope threads have given me a lot of encouragement to keep fighting! I am still waiting for the score to drip but I am quite nervous if it does go down instantly though. I am not that sure if I have all the necessary documents to submit if I get the ITA in the alloted time.

Do they give a list on the ITA itself? Do they have a deadline for all documents? Do they send any postal mail or are all communications via email?

What's your crs??
You will be given 90 days to collect your documents
A checklist will be given to you once you fill up eapr, accordingly you need to upload the documents.
Everything will be through you account in the gc key *no postal mails*
Emails will be sent after you submit and get aor, if any additional documents are required. All your communication will be through emails and your gc key account.
I will upload a general list of documents needed for filing your eapr shortly. Some documents can be case specific like pcc-as per countries visited and stayed for 6 months.
If you expect your ITA soon then start collecting your documents from now.
Goodluck and wish you a speedy and a smooth processing..

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017

Please find the step-by-step details here
PRE-ITA PHASE
As I have already mentioned before, this phase requires you to wait and have patience. Roughly speaking, CIC conducts draws twice a month. The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration decides the cut-off score for the particular draw. You can see the rounds of invitations on cic website. If your score is greater than or equal to the cut-off score selected by CIC, you will get an ITA. *** note the new changes that have been explained if there is tie***
One thing that you’ll have to do here is keep an eye on the draws and your CRS. You have to see how close you are to the previous/recent draws. I must admit that CIC is extremely unpredictable in this regard; the draws are random and the CRS cannot be predicted in advance. So, depending on your CRS, you might want to consider applying for Provincial Nomination, which has been discussed at the end of this section.
In the pre-ITA phase, you can start collecting the documents that you are expected to submit once you get an ITA. Some of the documents that you can prioritize on getting are Police Clearance Certificates and your Employer reference letters. I will be discussing this in detail below.
A) Police Clearance Certificates or PCC are they are known as are required for the PA, spouse and children over 18 years of age from their country of residence AND all other countries where they have been for a continuous period of 6 months or more. Getting a foreign PCC can be a tedious and a painstakingly long process so it is imperative to be proactive to avoid delays and get things done on time. PCC issued by a foreign county is valid indefinitely if it was issued during or after your last visit to that country. Please note that local PCCs can be obtained after you receive the ITA because it usually takes less time.
B) Employer Reference letters are required for the PA. The reference letter must be as specified by CIC.
Depending on where the applicant works, the time taken for employers to issue these reference letters vary. So, it is important to be prepared and apply for the reference letter at the earliest. Please note that reference letters issued by employers while you quit the job is valid indefinitely while the reference letter issued by your current employer is generally valid for one year.
C) Proof of funds (POF) is a very important part of your documentation. While you are awaiting your ITA, you can prepare to show your funds. You DO NOT need to get any bank letter/document at this stage but if you need to arrange funds (like selling a car or liquidating assets like selling gold etc.) you have to start planning on how you are going to show your funds. CIC requires that the funds be unencumbered by any debt or obligation to re-pay. These funds must be liquid (You should be able to convert it to hard cash whenever required).
D) Provincial Nominee Program(hereafter referred to as PNP) can be put to use if you think your CRS is not up to the mark. PNP are immigration schemes of the provincial/territorial governments by which they pick applicants who they think are suitable to fulfill the demand in their province. Some provinces require a full-time job offer from a Canadian Employer and some don’t. Some provinces process the applications electronically and some provinces still use the old-school snail mail method. Some provinces prefer applicants whose job falls under a particular NOC. There is variety. You can check the website of the province that you are interested in to learn more. If you get a provincial nomination, it will add 600 points to your CRS which means, in most cases, you will get an ITA in the very next draw.

Last edited:

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
POST-ITA PHASE
This is a very important phase and this is where your application will either be accepted or rejected. Once you get an ITA, you have 90 days to file a complete application – e-APR (electronic – Application for Permanent Residence). You need to gather all the required documents. You need to undergo a medical test (The details of the test are outlined later in the section). Once you submit a complete application, CIC will determine if you will receive a visa or not within a period of 6 months or less.
POF/Reference letters can be obtained post-ITA too (depending on your personal circumstance).
A) Medical examination is, by far, one of the most important post-ITA processes. The medical test is to ensure that you or your dependents do not have any serious/contagious diseases AND you will not be a burden to the Canadian healthcare system initially. You and all your dependents (whether accompanying or not) MUST undergo a medical test. Please note that this medical test must be performed by a doctor who is a CIC designated panel physician. Pregnant applicants or applicants can choose to complete their medical exam after the baby is born (since chest X-ray is a part of the tests) OR can choose to go ahead with the tests by wearing a lead apron. After the tests are done, you will get an upfront medical form. You will upload this form along with the other documents on the checklist.
Tips***** Drink lots and lots of water on the day of the test. infact start drinking water a few days before.
If you want to be more confident get the tests done from your family doctor and incase you need any treatment get treated before the medicals.
People who smoke drink milk or coconut water just before you go for your x-ray to get a clear result.

B) Passports/Travel Documents must be submitted for the PA, spouse and for dependent children.
These two, along with other documents mentioned above (and in the checklist) must be submitted as a part of your post-ITA documentation.
Alright! So now you have all the documents available in the checklist. You are now all set to submit your application. Please follow the instructions given by CIC very carefully and fill the online application. Upload all the required documents. When you feel the need to explain something to CIC (like large recent deposits on your account or any other unusual circumstance), PLEASE submit a Letter of Explanation (LOE) along with the documents so that the officer who is assessing your case understands why you have not submitted the document in the prescribed format/why you are submitting an alternate document. Remember, you only have 90 days to submit your application. If you do not submit a complete application within this period, the validity of your ITA will lapse. You would then need to re-enter the pool and wait for a brand new ITA and have to start your e-APR from scratch.

Any changes to your personal circumstance (like the pregnancy of self/spouse, birth of a child, death/divorce etc.) MUST be reported to the VO at the earliest. If you DO NOT report these changes, it amounts to misrepresentation and your application will be rejected and you will be barred from re-applying again for 5 years.

Getty

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
1221; 6311; 6511
App. Filed.......
04/05/17
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Passport Req..
07/01/2020
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2020
Soldier on indeed. 425 is a good score, your time is coming soon.
Oh @TanakaM, thank you! i wish i felt so positive :( thank you for the encouragement, i just lost 5 points on 18th (will edit my signature). But i believe it, my time is coming; meanwhile we will keep trying to increase the points.