+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 73rd Draw

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
IMO, since this makes no mention of loans and debts, you need the 6 months statement.
I was going to attach my CC statement and my personal loan letter from the bank too. This was only for my checking account. In that case would this work?

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
I was going to attach my CC statement and my personal loan letter from the bank too. This was only for my checking account. In that case would this work?
so your CC and Loan is all at the same bank? i think in the bank letter, you can request for such information to be added... just inform the teller or whoever is doing the bank letter.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
so your CC and Loan is all at the same bank? i think in the bank letter, you can request for such information to be added... just inform the teller or whoever is doing the bank letter.
My CC is in the same bank. My personal loan is from another bank. For personal loan I am attaching a letter with the loan amount requested, date requested, minimum payments etc and that my account is in good standing.

For CC, I am including my latest statement. My Credit Card balance is huge - as much as my checking account. But of course this was because I used the CC to buy stuff when I moved initially. And I am making min payments on it. I therefore wanted to show that this was an ongoing payment and not an amount borrowed for immigration and the debt wont hold back my initial months in Canada. by submitting the latest statement instead of including it in the letter.

Is that okay?

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Hi Guys,

has anyone done their upfront medicals recently??? i would like to know the procedure.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

has anyone done their upfront medicals recently??? i would like to know the procedure.
I just did. Look up the panel physician in your city. And book an appointment. You can find panel physicians from this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

They will basically take your height, weight and BP. Do a physical. Then take your blood for HIV and Syphilis testing. Take a urine sample for urinalysis - protein, blood and glucose. And a chest X-Ray. And then they will give you a eMedical (which is the system they use to input results of tests) form. You just scan and upload that form in your application.

If there are health issues then further tests may be required. Like a serum creatinine test for high BP etc.,

In the US this medical test costs about $300-$500 in my opinion.

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
I just did. Look up the panel physician in your city. And book an appointment. You can find panel physicians from this link:

They will basically take your height, weight and BP. Do a physical. Then take your blood for HIV and Syphilis testing. Take a urine sample for urinalysis - protein, blood and glucose. And a chest X-Ray. And then they will give you a eMedical (which is the system they use to input results of tests) form. You just scan and upload that form in your application.

If there are health issues then further tests may be required. Like a serum creatinine test for high BP etc.,

Thanks buddy... Was of great help...

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Bumped my score from 393 to 435 after the recent IELTS results. I can now participate as a potential candidate for the next draw. :rolleyes:
Hey many many congrats on this great achievement.

Could you please guide me as well as Iam also struggling to achieve clb9 in ielts.

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey many many congrats on this great achievement.

Could you please guide me as well as Iam also struggling to achieve clb9 in ielts.
Thanks! :)
and for sure..

Listening was my weakest spot, so for that I attempted countless tests on Youtube. There is a channel with name IELTSREADING, they publish a complete listening test everyday. That really helped. I used to attempt two - three tests on average each day. At first I used to earn score of 32 - 33 on average, but gradually it improved and I was earning 39 - 40 after a week.

Reading wasn't a problem for me at all and I was consistently good in it. In Reading test, I believe everyone struggles with True/False/Not Given questions. You basically need to read between the lines, and read it like, kind of a lawyer. I used to read the title, then the questions and then the passage, by doing this, firstly, I had an idea what I am actually looking for, and once I find matching or contradicting statement, I used to read the question or statement again to verify if the statement in the passage, and the statement asked are the exact match or exact opposite of each other (words can be different, but meaning should be one of the two), if it's a yes then it's either True or False, otherwise, mark it a NG straight away.

For Speaking, honestly I never prepared. I used to score 7 - 7.5 every time without any preparation so I just kept it as it was. I never urged to score more in it as 7 will do the job and I was confident that I can get a 7 which I did every time. However, if you are struggling with Speaking, again, there are many videos available on YouTube. You can have an idea on what kind of vocabulary you should use. Tenses and transitions between the tenses are important more than vocabulary I believe. My vocabulary is average (or below average) I believe, it's just ordinary but tenses worked for me.

Same goes for writing as well, however, in Writing, you need to focus on the length of the passage you write. Organizing your passage is very important. Again, my vocabulary is ordinary but my tenses are kind of strong. My handwriting is seriously shiite and only I can understand what I write on paper :rolleyes:... But, Writing ditches almost everyone (I fell short in it as well last time). I used IETLS material to work on my Writing. It's a website , managed by some people, they post Writing tasks everyday with sample answers of band 8 and 7. I used to attempt these, then I always compared my answers with theirs, and corrected/improved my mistakes. Many people take help from IETLSliz and IETLSsimon as well. I never visited them but I have seen many people benefiting from these blogs as well.

Hope it was helpful. :)

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
My CC is in the same bank. My personal loan is from another bank. For personal loan I am attaching a letter with the loan amount requested, date requested, minimum payments etc and that my account is in good standing.

For CC, I am including my latest statement. My Credit Card balance is huge - as much as my checking account. But of course this was because I used the CC to buy stuff when I moved initially. And I am making min payments on it. I therefore wanted to show that this was an ongoing payment and not an amount borrowed for immigration and the debt wont hold back my initial months in Canada. by submitting the latest statement instead of including it in the letter.

Is that okay?

I think it is all clear.... at the end of the day, what matters is honesty, and in your letter of explanation, everything is well presented and documented and explained, then you have nothing to worry about.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

Thanks for the info! How much blood did they draw, like number of tubes, and were the tubes big or small or medium sized? And how long did your appointment take?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

Is that okay?
Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that, but I am wondering if it is necessary to provide bank letter and statements for all bank and investment accounts we have? Or just enough to show a cumulative balance (net of any loans or credit card debt) that is at least the minimum POF required?

The wording is "The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans."

I believe that the "all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans" part refers to the all accounts at each financial institution in question, not all accounts you have anywhere. However, it's not 100% clear. But if this is the case, then you would not need to include anything about your personal loan, since it is at a different bank from the bank where you have your POF balance (but you would need to include your credit card information because it is at the same bank).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Proof of funds
Purpose
To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Yep, I have all my papers ready, and I have double and triple checked them. After reading more discussions with wise words (for the 2 weeks after receiving NOI, I had been focused 100% on getting all my documents ready as quickly as possible), I became worried that my main employer reference letter might not have been detailed enough about my day to day duties, so I added more details and had my employer issue me a revised letter. So perhaps this delay might have been a good thing that made me get my reference letter in better shape ... now dear immigration gods, please please send my OINP application through quickly, before my NOI expires, and then grant me quick post-ITA processing ... :oops:

I don't want to apply for school yet, as it really would be a last resort that isn't really compatible with my plans .. but it is a last resort option in the back of my mind. For now, I think waiting for OINP to reopen, studying French, and conducting a very targeted job search are my best options.
You’ll make it buddy! Don’t worry! You deserve it!