+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

shettyskumar

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
found this very good article in Quora, thought to share with my friends here ..

How expensive is Toronto Canada for immigrants?
Answer : Sam Arora, lives in Toronto, ON

I am sure a lot of good authors and authorities have written on the subject and the information is available.

However: I will put a different slant, hopefully to add a bit of more value to your knowledge.

My family and I lived 90 percent of our lives of almost in a few years half a century in Canada.

Here are the general guidelines:

• Living expense/rent is fixed expense and nothing you can do cut it: However, if you are good with tools and determined like the Sun to rise on time every day and finally where there is a will, there is a way.
  • A lot of distractions: Do not get distracted drama part of life, go easy on the beer, do not spend too much time on the negativeness of this country. ( There could lot of distractions: every weekend birthday of some distant cousins/friends of a friends of a friends, wedding of someone you hardly know, list goes on) (cheap whisky and music beat from the homeland put a serious dent in productivity and pocket). The vicious cycle starts again, after 25 years one finds still living in a rented apt. Others, moved on and broke the chains of mortgage long time ago.
  • Baby steps towards the future: Soon you may be a proud owner of a run down, fixer upper house/apt, with your lovely/hard working/not gossipy/easy on cell phone family, may own beautiful place.
  • Same thing with food, the early bird gets a worm, a chest freezer is a piece of jewelry box which stores gold for your family.
  • More you put in more you get out: Watching T.V. and laughing at the stupidity of comics is not going to save money on food. Smart shopping/preserving food/ keeping a close eye on the flyers. It is a good start, if you have a car, a drive outside of Toronto is a sound investment, than visiting a Mr. and Mrs. know it all a distant cousin from your homeland. With their fake assumed false drama that they have arrived: Save yourself the nonsense, and pick some fresh vegetables and fruit. Wash it, cook it, preserve it and freeze it. Go to chicken farm and pick odd size eggs for almost nothing.
Think about expired and or near expired products: In this part of the world most of the population is spoiled, ask a guy(me), who has two MSc. degrees in food sciences, and 30 experience. This over hyped thing wastes billions of dollars in thrown away foods. Thank you. We raised two very healthy boys and now two monkeys.

More work you put in better you will become.

• Think of very long term gains: these pains will become battle scars and medals at the end, when your kids will surpass all limits of achievement and sit on big chairs in the corporate world. At that time, you will sit and have the last laugh.
  • Life in Toronto is not easy: For the paratroopers, this is the only place, if a true paratrooper cannot make it in Toronto, he/she was not a good soldier. No quick fix, sometimes your grand kids may be the ultimate beneficiary, but that is okay, at least you have a hope.
  • Moral of the story: Except fixed rent for living, sky is the limit to work hard and save, and eventually get ahead. I know, do not waste time in complaining, nothing is going to change, make a alterations in your life. And thrive, life gave lemon make lemonade with it.
  • For the right people in my view Toronto is land of opportunity and it depends how much one family/individual is ready of sacrifice present for the bright future.
  • Yes, it is not for everyone: As the famous saying goes: Everyone wants to go to paradise, but you have to die first. To me Toronto/Canada is like this, I believe first generation is consumed in the struggles to survive, and if you are lucky, second generation starts to see the plants. And finally third generation sees the fruit.
  • Yes, new generation has different priorities.
  • Yes, at present time success is: Plug and play. In our times, we most of us were here for fight to finish as they.
  • Yes, Toronto has rush, traffic jams, commute, but has a lot hopes too. A lot of opportunities for kids, depends what your kid wants. One of our boy finished high school three years ahead of time. All due to mega opportunities in Toronto, you name it, this city has it.
  • Yes, we were laughing stock of our ex country people, but we do not hear those party jokes and laughs anymore. When two of our kids call Harvard University as their Alma Mater and third one is not far behind. We husband/wife, acquired North American degrees/diplomas with our kids in tow. Milk bottle in one hand and school assignment in the other.
  • Yes, there is no quick success formula, as it is the land of immigrants, normal people from their own old country who are here longer target their new people here. And try to sell snack oil, and entice their own to get rich quick.
  • Live much below your means, and save pennies for future, there is no quick fix for ordinary people like me.

In a few years no one remember that you splurge on a birthday party. You are not Bill Gates.

• Some things may help:
    • No one watched TV, in our house hold, we did not have cable for at least 25 years. No cable expense and no one ever sit front of a T.V.)
    • No Pajama and over night parties.
    • Be home before dark.
    • No show off, just basic living. ( Almost always had used basic cars/same basic house for the last 32 years, same basic, healthy, well balanced food for ever.
    • This world is changing very fast, Canada is no exception, here like another advanced country, there are a choices. Right choices may lead at least dream to even become the Prime Minister and wrong choices may lead to criminal record, and end of your dreams or even worst end in a morgue.
    • In case you want to send your kids/grand kids to elite school, start saving the day or before they are born.
    NB: This also depends on the life style,if Johny Walker Blue label, plus 24 beer and pack of cigarettes a day and gourmet food is on the the agenda, then life in Toronto could be very expensive.

For a sensible individual or a frugal family both always survives with their cost cutting and managing their life very well.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi Gurus,

We are sitting on the edge of the year wondering and praying for a wonderful end to the year with an ITA by your side;however there will be many who will have to carry on their dream to the next year of 2018, so I was wondering what can be immigration quotas from the Canadian Government concerning the next year and when might they release the news mentioning the total number of immigrants who will be given the ITA/PR ?

We will really welcome the experts to shed some light on this topic. Thank you so much.

BR

Reactions: Mithu3 and baka

ashish_india-canada

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Nomination.....
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
01-12-2017
Hi All,

Need your suggestions/ guidance. I have been nominated by Ontario last week and my score is now 1006. I hope there will be a draw this Wednesday, 06/09/2017. Can you please suggest as to when should I book for my medicals or will I get a notification from CIC? My documents are ready as for PNP I had to use them. Now only pending docs are PCC and Medicals, could someone also let me know if I had to take/ download any kind of medical form/ s to the centre? Lastly is there an IME number that I had to provide to the physician?

Looking forward for help...

Msolanki

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
I believe almost all have received nominations who had registered before August. So very soon we can expect HCP to reopen. Any idea regarding this??? Any thoughts???

shettyskumar

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Need your suggestions/ guidance. I have been nominated by Ontario last week and my score is now 1006. I hope there will be a draw this Wednesday, 06/09/2017. Can you please suggest as to when should I book for my medicals or will I get a notification from CIC? My documents are ready as for PNP I had to use them. Now only pending docs are PCC and Medicals, could someone also let me know if I had to take/ download any kind of medical form/ s to the centre? Lastly is there an IME number that I had to provide to the physician?

Congrts Ashish .. All th best :)

Rise and shine

Apr 9, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
09-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2018
Hi Gurus,

We are sitting on the edge of the year wondering and praying for a wonderful end to the year with an ITA by your side;however there will be many who will have to carry on their dream to the next year of 2018, so I was wondering what can be immigration quotas from the Canadian Government concerning the next year and when might they release the news mentioning the total number of immigrants who will be given the ITA/PR ?

We will really welcome the experts to shed some light on this topic. Thank you so much.

BR
Read sometime back that they will discuss about that only by Fall session - so may be within a month's time or after.

Dscn28

Aug 28, 2017
Hi All,

Congratulations......you can do upfront medical exam, best time would be as soon as you receive your ITA as medicals are valid only a year. No need to download any form and no need for IME as they are usually required for family class sponsorship prior to the test.

Once you are done with your exam ask the doctor for the IME number which is then generated and you can include this in your eAPR as well as a copy of your report printout (have a look at the link below)....All the best.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

jigsawpuzzle

Jun 9, 2017
I think all this re- waiting (as my application got rejected previously) has made me physco patient. I keep waking my in the middle of the night to see if the draw has happened or not.
Though, sitting at 425, i know the mext draw will/ can never come down to 425 but i don't know, it has just got all over me.
I have this feeling that i reached to the ITA position and slided down, don't know what to expect the numbers to go down and i take a sigh of relief.
Need prayers, loosing hope

ashish_india-canada

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Nomination.....
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
01-12-2017
Congratulations......you can do upfront medical exam, best time would be as soon as you receive your ITA as medicals are valid only a year. No need to download any form and no need for IME as they are usually required for family class sponsorship prior to the test.

Once you are done with your exam ask the doctor for the IME number which is then generated and you can include this in your eAPR as well as a copy of your report printout (have a look at the link below)....All the best.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
Thanks a tonne, will need more guidance in future:):):):)

lkumarx

Jun 22, 2017
Hi All,

Congratulations Ashish.

O-girl

Aug 23, 2017
I think all this re- waiting (as my application got rejected previously) has made me physco patient. I keep waking my in the middle of the night to see if the draw has happened or not.
Though, sitting at 425, i know the mext draw will/ can never come down to 425 but i don't know, it has just got all over me.
I have this feeling that i reached to the ITA position and slided down, don't know what to expect the numbers to go down and i take a sigh of relief.
Don't let it get to you so much. It'll happen. Just be positive and distract yourself with other projects even though it's hard to focus at this time. I'm at 430 too though my delay was because of ECA. I'm hopeful too. Cheers

Reactions: Mithu3

Er.manoj

Star Member
May 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
IELTS Request
24-06-2016
Everything comes at the right time. Its destiny mate. Its already written, you can not change anything. Just carry on with your routine life. Just think about your coming moment-of-glory. It will come to you and I am sure it will come to all of us. Sooner or later it will. Grab a beer. Its weekend.