+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

edah

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
As I said, several people have experienced this. I´m not saying they are right or wrong, but it makes you wonder.
My thoughts exactly and it seems easy to give 6.5 when you deserve a 7 in writing but itnis hard to lower to 7 from am 8 paper..

bbbusa

Jul 27, 2017
As I said, several people have experienced this. I´m not saying they are right or wrong, but it makes you wonder.
Oh ok, I hear you. I wonder if they curve the scores. Or maybe it differs among test center locations.

Only if IELTS can be a bit more transparent like IRCC :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gurpreet.ts

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I'm afraid but this is just a blah blah blah from IRCC! JOB BANK IS a WORTHLESS scenario which doesn't work.
It seems to me that when they give applicants stars, they don't count any skills used in one type of position as eligible for another type. Seems to be most effective if you only ever worked in one job code.

It didn't help me at all, and I am very educated and experienced, just in a variety of positions.

SSS15

Jul 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
I wonder how you lost for writing.. it is the easiest skill to score.. all you need is to understand what type of essay is given for task 2.. please go through the tips required to write 6 different types of essays asked in ielts.. i wd suggest Chris advantage ielts videos.
Hi Vai ... I dont know why but writing has always been most difficult part for me when it comes to IELTS ... I will definately have a look at Chris advantage IELTS videos ... thank you for suggesting :)

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Ah.... I never even thought you might be living in the UK. Apologies if you have already covered this in an earlier post but are you from the UK or from somewhere else and just living in the UK?

And yes this is a nosey question so feel free to tell me it's none of my business. :p
@shaun75 I was trying to move to the UK after the US presidential election this past November. I knew Canada would be easier and more practical, but I have friends in the UK and that's where my heart really wanted to go. But after a job I was applying for got put on hold and there was a new terrorist attack every month, I finally did more detailed research on immigration to Canada and concluded that Toronto would be the best fit for my future goals. So I have been trying to immigrate to Canada only since the end of March.

SSS15

Jul 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Bro i am from pak too and i dont mean to discourage u or something 95% people i know were left out with .5 less in one band , its a conspiracy by idp and b council they are minting money , u should go to uae and give celpip , i gave through both of them and both times .5 less in writing , i am also sitting @ 412 but i am not going to give it again , if i do it will be celpip
I am also a victim of 0.5 less in writing. Otherwise I would have 470 CRS.
Hi Arsalan and Anwar ... I have seen many similar cases ... In fact when I was waiting for my IELTS score a friend of mine managed to score over all 8 band in IELTS but sadly 6.5 in writing ... However I have seen people managing a 7.5 in writing in the same test in which I have appeared ... For me I guess writing both tasks with pencil became an issue ... and I did not check what I have written in both tasks ... I plan to improve on my errors ... hoping this works ... :)

Last edited:

bbbusa

Jul 27, 2017
Hi Vai ... I dont know why but writing has always been most difficult part for me when it comes to IELTS ... I will definately have a look at Chris advantage IELTS videos ... thank you for suggesting :)
One of the things that I focus on is the logic of the essay. Based on my experience (studying their grading criteria) taking IELTS and TOEFL, the writing section not only looks at your language skills but also (I'd say more importantly) your ability to structure a core "argument" - this could be a statement, a definition of right or wrong, or simply a judgement of your own. I always start from the core argument and then define 3 sub-arguments, listed nicely across 3 paragraphs. Everything else is there to support the core argument. This has always worked for me.

mytimet

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Yes this is true. I am on clb 10 right now. My hubby would have been in clb 11 however, in writing he scored only 7 .hahaha.. Personally I feel, IELTS is really a waste of money. Especially the writing and speaking part. My hubby writes as if 10 crows have dipped their feet in a swamp and stamped on a single sheet of paper at the same time! But that does not, in any way, portray his writing style. And the women who interview for the speaking test expect you give them an answer that pleases them, I think the one who interviewed me had mad cow disease :p
My interviewer was very nice, she was nodding her head and smiling and I thought she liked me. Only to get a 7. But then remember that the tapes are sent to British Council for review. So perhaps it was out of my interviewers hand