+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 63rd Draw

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Hi Friends,

I am just writing to express my grief on account of the hard luck I have had in regards to IELTS.

First, I appeared on 8th April and scored 7.5 in all sections. I appeared again on 13th May just to improve my Listening by 0.5, got my results today at Listening 8, Reading 6.5, Speaking 8, Writing 7.5.

I know there are many cases similar to mine, but I am feeling terribly depressed.

CRS currently at 384, will get spouse ECA done and can rise upto 392. I hope it comes down to 380 soon.

Reactions: andieangel

Rawee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi Friends,

I am just writing to express my grief on account of the hard luck I have had in regards to IELTS.

First, I appeared on 8th April and scored 7.5 in all sections. I appeared again on 13th May just to improve my Listening by 0.5, got my results today at Listening 8, Reading 6.5, Speaking 8, Writing 7.5.

I know there are many cases similar to mine, but I am feeling terribly depressed.

CRS currently at 384, will get spouse ECA done and can rise upto 392. I hope it comes down to 380 soon.
Hey buddy,

I'm in the same situation missing 462 with. 5 band everytime. Now i gave up on IELTS and praying for scores to drop.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
most of us in the forum relate to this situation. The problem is once we miss a band by minuscule margin we get frustrated and immediately apply for the next available slot rather than taking time for preparation

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
most of us in the forum relate to this situation. The problem is once we miss a band by minuscule margin we get frustrated and immediately apply for the next available slot rather than taking time for preparation
Everytime is not necessarily about the preparation buddy. Like for instance, I scored 7.5 in Reading during my first attempt, while in the next attempt it came down to 6.5. I actually reappeared to get 8 in Listening (against a 7.5) which I got even.

It has nothing to do with the frustration most of the time, it's just that one's performance varies quite a bit on different days/scenarios/questions.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Everytime is not necessarily about the preparation buddy. Like for instance, I scored 7.5 in Reading during my first attempt, while in the next attempt it came down to 6.5. I actually reappeared to get 8 in Listening (against a 7.5) which I got even.

It has nothing to do with the frustration most of the time, it's just that one's performance varies quite a bit on different days/scenarios/questions.
Ya, and reading has been the spoiler for me too. i wrote thrice LRWS(6/7.5/7/7.5) screwed up one entire section of listening in first attempt. second time 8.5/6.5/6.5/7 and then finally i wanted to make it to clb10 and prepared hard in reading and again missed it (8.5/7.5/7.5/7.5). Irony is i felt i did reading the best in all attempts

Dec 15, 2015
Sorry to hear that. :oops:
Hope they solve it fast and send you your wife's score.

As for the CIC contact info, you can find it in this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

Hope you can enter the pool soon and get you ITA.
Thanks again. However, can you please confirm whether Canada immigration authority considers exam date or result date for IELTS? I mean, is it expressly mentioned in their website?

pk saini

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Hey buddy,

I'm in the same situation missing 462 with. 5 band everytime. Now i gave up on IELTS and praying for scores to drop.
Don't loose hope. Practise a little more than before. Ielts is not at all difficult , you just need practise and get more ideas.