+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 59th draw!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello, any of you have French as a second language?

I was wondering if it's a good idea for me to learn French (I am a complete beginner and can barely say hello in French), especially since more points will be given for French from June.

Also, I'll be losing points for turning another year older and wanted to compensate for those lost points.

Do share your thoughts and experiences. Thanks in advance.

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wandering Mind said:
Hello, any of you have French as a second language?

I was wondering if it's a good idea for me to learn French (I am a complete beginner and can barely say hello in French), especially since more points will be given for French from June.

Also, I'll be losing points for turning another year older and wanted to compensate for those lost points.

Do share your thoughts and experiences. Thanks in advance.
I don't speak French, but I can tell you that I went down this same path you are now. I quickly gave up realizing it would take hours and hours over lots and lots of months / years to be at the level to do well at the test. Even PhD French men complained it was un-necessarily difficult. However there is a blog somewhere of someone who explained how he learned French rapidly in order to pass the French test. I read it and it was quite interesting so I guess with the right motivation and time anything is possible. Do you know Spanish by any chance? I heard transitioning to French as a Spanish speaker is easier than English. Good luck...what is your crs anyway?

Here is the link where the guy shared what he did to learn French:

http://mirror.mricon.com/french/french.html

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there!

I submitted the Express Entry profile and also registered with the job bank.
But, here is what it says:
"- Application status: Pending Additional Criteria"
"- Job Bank registration: We are processing your Job Bank registration. We will send you a message when your status is updated"

So, when does change? it's been already 12h. Maybe after 24h?
Also, what do "Application Status" and "Job Bank Registration" say after they process it?

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
student7872014 said:
Hello there!

I submitted the Express Entry profile and also registered with the job bank.
But, here is what it says:
"- Application status: Pending Additional Criteria"
"- Job Bank registration: We are processing your Job Bank registration. We will send you a message when your status is updated"

So, when does change? it's been already 12h. Maybe after 24h?
Also, what do "Application Status" and "Job Bank Registration" say after they process it?
give it 24 hours and it will be updated

Application status -We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Province/territory of nomination -We have not received a nomination by a province or territory at this time. We will send you a message if you are nominated.
Job Bank registration -Your Job Bank registration has been accepted. Check your messages below for details.
Minimum entry criteria -You meet the minimum entry criteria.
Have I been invited to apply?- You do not have an invitation to apply at this time.
Review of additional documents- Not applicable.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eeprofilehelp said:
give it 24 hours and it will be updated

Application status -We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Province/territory of nomination -We have not received a nomination by a province or territory at this time. We will send you a message if you are nominated.
Job Bank registration -Your Job Bank registration has been accepted. Check your messages below for details.
Minimum entry criteria -You meet the minimum entry criteria.
Have I been invited to apply?- You do not have an invitation to apply at this time.
Review of additional documents- Not applicable.
You're awesome! Thanks for the very quick response and info :)
I gave you +1 :)

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
nthom said:
I don't speak French, but I can tell you that I went down this same path you are now. I quickly gave up realizing it would take hours and hours over lots and lots of months / years to be at the level to do well at the test. Even PhD French men complained it was un-necessarily difficult. However there is a blog somewhere of someone who explained how he learned French rapidly in order to pass the French test. I read it and it was quite interesting so I guess with the right motivation and time anything is possible. Do you know Spanish by any chance? I heard transitioning to French as a Spanish speaker is easier than English. Good luck...what is your crs anyway?

Here is the link where the guy shared what he did to learn French:

http://mirror.mricon.com/french/french.html
Thank you for your reply.

It will indeed take months and months to learn a new language. In fact it took me years and years just to learn English ;) Unfortunately I don't know Spanish either :(

I'll look at the link you sent. Many thanks.

My CRS is 403 :( and I'll lose 10 points on my next birthday:( hence the panic about padding up my score through any means possible.

Good luck to you. Hope you get an ITA soon.

tiwalope

Feb 12, 2017
Wandering Mind said:
Thank you for your reply.

It will indeed take months and months to learn a new language. In fact it took me years and years just to learn English ;) Unfortunately I don't know Spanish either :(

I'll look at the link you sent. Many thanks.

My CRS is 403 :( and I'll lose 10 points on my next birthday:( hence the panic about padding up my score through any means possible.

Good luck to you. Hope you get an ITA soon.
so sorry about that,have you considered PNP? Like SINP

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
tiwalope said:
so sorry about that,have you considered PNP? Like SINP
Getting a PNP will be difficult, if not impossible, in my case :( My occupation isn't in demand anywhere in the world ;)

I have CLB12 in IELTS, a Masters degree and a decade of work experience. My low CRS is due to my age. What an ageist world we live in ;)

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wandering Mind said:
Getting a PNP will be difficult, if not impossible, in my case :( My occupation isn't in demand anywhere in the world ;)

I have CLB12 in IELTS, a Masters degree and a decade of work experience. My low CRS is due to my age. What an ageist world we live in ;)
Isn't the max clb 10?

NikhilSh

Jul 31, 2011
I have a CRS of 440 with only CEC requirements met CLB 10. Just created my profile a night before previous draw as my language scores came in then. I am currently living and working in PEI, Canada, also graduated in Canada with a Bachelors degree. What would be my chances for the next draw? I am fairly new to the whole express entry game.

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
hey guys...my crs is 453 and already got an ita.. but i want to decline that bcz of some mistakes in EE profile and appear into next draw expected on 19th, so that i can rectify and be sure abt those mistakes...is there any chance the score might go above 453?? should i take the risk of declining??m in sixes and sevens what to do??any suggestions ???

tiwalope

Feb 12, 2017
Wandering Mind said:

stay hopeful for a drop in score.by the way,whats your occupation?

tiwalope

Feb 12, 2017
sami726 said:
hey guys...my crs is 453 and already got an ita.. but i want to decline that bcz of some mistakes in EE profile and appear into next draw expected on 19th, so that i can rectify and be sure abt those mistakes...is there any chance the score might go above 453?? should i take the risk of declining??m in sixes and sevens what to do??any suggestions ???
and then u increase the number of people in the pool again.there is God oooooooooooooooooooo :eek: :p

tiwalope

Feb 12, 2017
NikhilSh said:
I have a CRS of 440 with only CEC requirements met CLB 10. Just created my profile a night before previous draw as my language scores came in then. I am currently living and working in PEI, Canada, also graduated in Canada with a Bachelors degree. What would be my chances for the next draw? I am fairly new to the whole express entry game.
I'm optimistic you would get an ITA.Congrats in advance.Get your documents ready