thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
So most of the news about increasing number of family incomes or increasing score for international students are not very good news for current applicants. Since they will most likely not change the total yearly income, they can only play with % of each group. And the one that is most sensible to be cut down it the one with Economic migrants, especially those free ones.

So decision is simple. Either you really want in and then you try to hit whichever PNP, or you are not so keen and you will be waiting forever in the queue (and this concerns about 95% people without canadian ties who have score below 470).
They are trying to attract the right type of applicants remember. So FSW or CEC who are going to work at McDonald's as a fast food supervisor who currently has one year college education, average IELTS and is in their 20's is getting 900+ points because they can get LMIA. I expect that scores will come down to around 460 when they stop giving so many points for LMIA. That is also one of the proposed changes that are coming in the next month or two.

Don't focus on the negative changes - the LMIA points deduction along with the fact that CIC are nearly done with the pre EE backlog will drop CRS points considerably.

YOF2015

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
viveksegu said:
At 462 I have lost all hopes.
In May I was at 467 and the scores had come down to 468 and I was so hopeful. But, after my birthday that same month, things changed so much. ITAs reduced and scores went up so high.

Now, it looks like 480 and below is very unlikely. I really wish I am wrong.

These "Ray of Hope" threads give everybody a hope but at the same time after every draw the hopes are crushed with even more force. :(

Don't be disheartened buddy, even i am sitting on 463. What we should look forward to is OINP, which is our next best chance, since the federal CRS scores are not receding...if you get the chance to get nominated by Ontario when the PNP supposedly opens in November, u shud apply for the nomination and wait to get nominated in 3 to 4 months which will eventually add another 600 points to ur score thereby ensuring an ITA...so cling in there...the best is yet to come...

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Sluffy said:
Thanks for the link

To be more precise
Yeah I know! But I thought I saw another article that said it could also be on or before 1 Nov... but I can't find whatever it was I was reading now so maybe I was dreaming!!

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me too I saw that, it was on this forum I believe; but for the article, it said at "by Nov 1...". Obviously, it will be before as the deadline is Nov 1. It can be anytime (including today).

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that might happen, but the reason why they are delaying to award bonus points is that may be they are changing the whole system. If it was bonus points only, it would have been simple at any time through ministerial instructions, as lawyers pointed out.

ecpradeep1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Guys,

I am sitting at 482:-( Feeling so disappointed and the points wil go down by 5 after November 20th.

I worked out last 1 year to bring up the score from 415 to 482 as well Invested lot of money to bring up this score(CELPIP for 3 times and CELPIP from my wife brought me here @ 482)

What should i aim for now?

PNP? or to wait patiently? or Remove my wife name from the application?

PNP is another 1500 CAD and no assurance of receiving it.

Suggest me Guys

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ecpradeep1 said:
Guys,

I am sitting at 482:-( Feeling so disappointed and the points wil go down by 5 after November 20th.

I worked out last 1 year to bring up the score from 415 to 482 as well Invested lot of money to bring up this score(CELPIP for 3 times and CELPIP from my wife brought me here @ 482)

What should i aim for now?

PNP? or to wait patiently? or Remove my wife name from the application?

PNP is another 1500 CAD and no assurance of receiving it.

Suggest me Guys
I would wait patiently. Even when your score goes down, 477 is a great score. The changes in EE will be coming in no more than a few weeks and I am optimistic from what I've heard and read that the changes will benefit those with high human capital scores like yours.

Silent_aka

Oct 6, 2016
Has anyone else thought about the idea that the new rules may make it possible to renew a post graduate work permit? What do you guys think of the possibility of this being true?

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
What are the expected changes
As far as I'm aware, the only changes that have been tabled are contained in this document: https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cerc.ca/resource/resmgr/government_relations/Express_entry_national_stake.pdf

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
thourb said:
As far as I'm aware, the only changes that have been tabled are contained in this document: https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cerc.ca/resource/resmgr/government_relations/Express_entry_national_stake.pdf
From what i understood they are planning to give more points to canadian students and credntials,applicants with siblings,more points to semi skilled workers and less to candidates with lmia,unfortunately i dont fall under any of these categories and thus wont benefit at all it seems .

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
Wolverine17 said:
From what i understood they are planning to give more points to canadian students and credntials,applicants with siblings,more points to semi skilled workers and less to candidates with lmia,unfortunately i dont fall under any of these categories and thus wont benefit at all it seems .
Also in case you are working on an ICT VISA (Exempt from LMIA) in Canada, your job offer will be given additional points unlike in the past where you required a LMIA, if the changes take place. We are on an ICT VISA so it benefits us and many others similar to us if it happens. Currently we have been in Canada and working for around 8 months but it is of no use.